• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

People That Treat Their Pets As If They Were Humans

The Glory Land

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This lady's dog tore her up pretty bad but she keeps going back for more........

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2549112/Owner-needed-emergency-surgery-dog-attacks-insists-fault.html

Too many appear to be more sympathetic to dogs than people...

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/animals-and-us/201311/what-do-people-care-more-about-animal-abuse-or-child-abuse

They disregard the safety of people, make excuses for animals. and here's some of the carnage that results.........

http://www.dogsbite.org/

• Members

I think there's a ban on one or two breeds and a law that some must be muzzled in public. I can't quite remember, Heartstrings, but in the 1990s there were several cases in a row of children being mauled in public by dogs and consequently some new laws were brought in. 

• Members

Boy, don't get me started on the subject of Pit Bulls.  I will tell you my own personal experience.  I had a pit bull when I was young married man.  The dog was an inside dog, treated extremely well, never fed table scraps, and was one of the kindest and gentlest dogs I have owned. UNTIL...One day our 3 year old toddler was walking through the living room with a beef hotdog wiener in his hand, and being as clumsy as any toddler, dropped it on the floor.  Our dog seemed to feel that anything dropped to the ground by default was automatically his, and when my son reached down immediately to pick up his dropped food, his hand was savagely attacked by our dog.  It was a miracle that we were able to save his hand with no permanent effects other than same wicked looking scars. I know that it is in the nature of all dogs and breeds to be defensive over their food and to growl when someone approaches their dish when eating, but extreme violence is so close to the surface of a Pit Bulls thought process through breeding that it is far to easy to trigger them into uncontrollable action.  Needless to say, we had the dog immediately destroyed.  I fully support the banning of Pit Bulls.  

Bro. Garry

• Members

This lady's dog tore her up pretty bad but she keeps going back for more........

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2549112/Owner-needed-emergency-surgery-dog-attacks-insists-fault.html

Too many appear to be more sympathetic to dogs than people...

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/animals-and-us/201311/what-do-people-care-more-about-animal-abuse-or-child-abuse

They disregard the safety of people, make excuses for animals. and here's some of the carnage that results.........

http://www.dogsbite.org/

its the tattoo fault...   :coffee2:

• Members

My son had a big brindled bulldog mix which rode in his truck all the time. One Sunday afternoon the pastor's son came home to play with our youngest son and as soon and as he exited the car and headed for the front steps of our home, that dog but him in the abdomen. I had that dog destroyed immediately too. People come before animals at my house.

• Members

Yes sir, I regard the life of my beasts....over 100 of them at present count 70 sheep 3 horses, a donkey, 4 turkeys, 5 dogs, 13 Koi fish, 5 goldfish, a bunny and a "sheep kitty" and I'm quite attached to some of them.  They are fed and cared for every day and most are very tame, except the ram. But if one of my animals is a danger to people it is gone. God put's people before animals and I do too.

Exodus 21

28 If an ox gore a man or a woman, that they die: then the ox shall be surely stoned, and his flesh shall not be eaten; but the owner of the ox shall be quit.

29 But if the ox were wont to push with his horn in time past, and it hath been testified to his owner, and he hath not kept him in, but that he hath killed a man or a woman; the ox shall be stoned, and his owner also shall be put to death.

• Members

Yes sir, I regard the life of my beasts....over 100 of them at present count 70 sheep 3 horses, a donkey, 4 turkeys, 5 dogs, 13 Koi fish, 5 goldfish, a bunny and a "sheep kitty" and I'm quite attached to some of them.  They are fed and cared for every day and most are very tame, except the ram. But if one of my animals is a danger to people it is gone. God put's people before animals and I do too.

Exodus 21

28 If an ox gore a man or a woman, that they die: then the ox shall be surely stoned, and his flesh shall not be eaten; but the owner of the ox shall be quit.

29 But if the ox were wont to push with his horn in time past, and it hath been testified to his owner, and he hath not kept him in, but that he hath killed a man or a woman; the ox shall be stoned, and his owner also shall be put to death.

Amen, amen, and again amen.  Well done, Heartstrings.

• Members

I have to confess, my shepherd's staff or rod isn't just for 'fending off wolves'; they can command respect from an aggressive sheep too.  I have a breeding ram (in my avatar) which I do not trust , but I keep him in a pasture by himself with the 4 turkeys. The tom turkey, which I also keep at bay with a stick, is the most aggressive critter on the farm and, at feeding time, the ram slams him when he gets in his feed (But he deserves it). Nobody but me enters that pasture and they cannot escape, dig out, or climb over and wander at will like dogs often do..

• Members

Exodus 21

Good, do you also stone your disobedient children also?

Archived