• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Any Sql Dbms Access 2010 Experts Out There? Help!

2bLikeJesus

• Members

I hate to ask on this forum but at this hour of the night on a Saturday I am desperate for someone knowledgeable in SQL.  I am supposed to create a SQL query for a multi-valued field [client type] that does NOT include one of the 3 choices.  The choices in the field are "Ret", "Ser" or "Man".  I am to make a SQL query that excludes "Man" from the Query.  No matter what I have tried I keep getting a error message stating "The multi-valued field "[client type] cannot be used in a WHERE or HAVING clause.  This is for my homework in Access 2010 Comprehensive. 

Bro. Garry or...Select [member name], [first name] From [members] Where [first name] like 'G*';

• Members

Can you use the query wizard or do you have to write in query language. You are essentially creating a filter that excludes"man". If you use the wizard you can open in SQL and see how its structured.

YIPPEE!  You DA MAN!!  That worked! 

I have a cruel professor that is trying to convince us that SQL is much more efficient and easier than just using the GUI.

Archived