• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Should Christians Care About The Trib?

• Members

A simple question. I have a friend from my church who seems more concerned about being raptured than doing GOD's work. Should Christians even concern themselves with worry about rapture or should they continue forth in the work that GOD has called us to do right to the bitter ends? Why should the rapture even concern true Christians?

• Members

The whole counsel of God.
It should not be ignored, but studied in balance.

If prophecy takes up an inordinate amount of your attention and energy, then you are on the wrong track.

Balance.....

• Members
Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.  Amos 3:7
I usually do not apply O.T. scriptures to the Body of Christ, but in this case I make an exception.

Almost daily T.V. programs on aliens, UFOs, ancient civilizations, ancient catastrophies, asteroid near-misses,etc. 
are vivid reminders to me that we are in "last days".  IMO it's no coincidence that there are "warning signs" everywhere you look. 
But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober. 1 Thes 5:4 & 6

• Members

Not to the point of distraction. We should recognize the end is coming, Christ will return soon, and that should motivate us to give our attention to living for Christ now, being about the Father's business; not spending our time looking for signs or creating a plethora of scenarios of how the end will come about or how it's currently coming about.

• Members

A simple question. I have a friend from my church who seems more concerned about being raptured than doing GOD's work. Should Christians even concern themselves with worry about rapture or should they continue forth in the work that GOD has called us to do right to the bitter ends? Why should the rapture even concern true Christians?

The nexr great prophetic event is the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ for resurection & judgement when all shall be called to account. How is he showing his concern about the rapture? Our Lord's instruction to his disciples, AND to us is:

Mark 13:31 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.

32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father. 33 Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is. 34 For the Son of man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch. 35 Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning: 36 lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping. 37 And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch.

Mat. 24:42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come. 43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up. 44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh. 45 Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season? 46 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing. 47 Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.

We are called to get on with the work our Lord has given us.

• Members

I look forward to the day our Lord will come get us and long for this day in my heart, but I would think of myself as being selfish if I was not concerned about the millions of lost sinners that will face death in the lake of fire when that day comes, and my desire is that on that day I'm on my knees with someone trusting Jesus as their savior.

I love this Song '' There is Power in the Blood 'Power in the Blood of the Lamb " 

• Members

I am constantly looking for the Rapture, as scripture tells us to do, but I do not make it my focus.  The majority of people, in the world, are not won to Christ by talk of the Rapture.  They are lead to the Lord, by scripture dealing with salvation.  I believe that we should be in the business of sharing the gospel with the lost, uplifting the brethren and planting seeds to the lost.  The Bible is warning in itself that the world is is in shambles.  It should be enough for people to get right with God, or get saved.

As stated above, the news warns us that we are in perilous times.  That is frightening enough for the saved.  We are to preach Jesus to the lost and share our testimony with them.  Obviously, prayer is key.  God will do the rest.  

• Members

The thread title is "Should Christians Care About The Trib?" but the question was about the rapture. There appear tobe three types of trib:

1. The tribulation Jesus warned about before the destruction of Jerusalem & the temple in AD 70. (Mat. 24, Mark 13, Luke 21) That great tribulation is past.

2. The tribulation believers will suffer as they live in the world:

John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

2 Thes. 1:4 so that we ourselves glory in you in the churches of God for your patience and faith in all your persecutions and tribulations that ye endure:

3. The tribulation the wicked will suffer at the end of time:

2 Thes. 1:6 seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you; 7 and to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, 8 in flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: 9 who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power; 10 when he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.

Yes, we should care about the trib - the first happened as prophesied, the Jerusalem Christians saw the warning signs & escaped the city before it was destroyed. God's prophecy came true.

The second happens all the time - & we have the encourage of sharing in Jesus' victory. No amount of tribulation inflected by the ungodly  can separate us from the love of God in Christ. (Romans 8)

The third is hell - final separation of the wicked from God, & the benefits of natural life. That gives us the Gospel imperative - we are living in a world of lost sinners.

• Members

Signs of the End

Matthew 24:6-8

6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

Luke 21:25-26

25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;

26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.

Jude 1:20-23

20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,

21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.

22 And of some have compassion, making a difference:

23And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

2 Peter 3:11-13

11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

We have the explanation for what is happening and the only hope of escape.

Therefore!

2 Peter 3:14

14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.

• Members

Our calling is to live for Christ, spread the Gospel and make disciples, knowing that we don't know when the Lord will return but that He will return soon.

Scripture calls us to be aware of the soon return of Christ so as to motivate us to be about the Father's business. We are not called to try and figure out when Christ will return (Scripture says we can't); we aren't called to try and fit every news story into some aspect of prophecy; we aren't called to point to current affairs and then try to tie them to end times prophecy in order to scare the lost.

We are called to spread the Gospel and make disciples. Once we have helped the lost come to Christ and disciple them, then they can read and study Scripture, including end times prophecy, and hopefully they will be motivated not to fixate upon the end times, but to be spreading the Gospel and making discples while there is yet time.

Archived