• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Sons Of God And The Days Of Noah.

• Members

So, the first wave of Satan's angels came to pollute the human genome so that a savior of mankind would be impossible,

and the second wave of Satan's angels came to occupy the holy land and prevent the occupation of the land by the Israelites

when they were freed from Egypt.  I conjecture that the "next wave" will arrive during the Tribulation with the "Big Lie" and

use the currently established genetic science such as gene-splicing.  Did you ever wonder why there are people whose

names were NEVER even written in the Book of Life (those who take the "mark" of the Beast)?

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wadlow was known in his hometown as "The Gentle Giant".

Though he was not hostile as Goliath was, he was a giant. Had he lived a couple more years, he may have surpassed Goliath in size.

I understand what you are saying, bro, but I just don't see Goliath as someone suffering from the disease Wadlow had. It was a painful, debilitating disease. Goliath was probably fit, strong and fast. Even someone like Andre the Giant (who was around 7'4") suffered terribly towards the end of his life and died relatively young.

• Members

So, the first wave of Satan's angels came to pollute the human genome so that a savior of mankind would be impossible,

and the second wave of Satan's angels came to occupy the holy land and prevent the occupation of the land by the Israelites

when they were freed from Egypt.  I conjecture that the "next wave" will arrive during the Tribulation with the "Big Lie" and

use the currently established genetic science such as gene-splicing.  Did you ever wonder why there are people whose

names were NEVER even written in the Book of Life (those who take the "mark" of the Beast)?

Interesting thought. 

• Members

I think it was some Romulans which traversed the space/time continuum through a wormhole, exited through a singularity, shape shifted into humanoids, beamed down to the planet from the mother ship and invaded. You can find some of their descendants in the Democratic Party, Professional Wresling, and the local mall.  :eye:  :eye:

• Members

I think it was some Romulans which traversed the space/time continuum through a wormhole, exited through a singularity, shape shifted into humanoids, beamed down to the planet from the mother ship and invaded. You can find some of their descendants in the Democratic Party, Professional Wresling, and the local mall.  :eye:  :eye:

I bet you are right about the part concerning the Democratic Party.

• Members

Genesis 6:4

4There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

That phrase is not speaking of "at a later time". The punctuation alone should make you question that. Look up the definitions of the word "after". Then read the phrase in Genesis i "after his kind".

• Members

That phrase is not speaking of "at a later time". The punctuation alone should make you question that. Look up the definitions of the word "after". Then read the phrase in Genesis i "after his kind".

The colon is to inform the reader that what follows the colon proves, explains, defines, describes, or lists elements of what preceded it.

Therefore, the phrase, "and after that" is speaking of a time after those days when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men. 

It can't be denied that there were giants on this earth AFTER the flood and this was as result of WHEN the sons of God cohabitated with the daughters of men.

As I explained in another post this is why every people associated with these giants were to be completely wiped out. It will also tell you that the next time God will put a big hurting on this planet is when this will occur again when Satan and his angels are cast out of heaven in Revelation 12. 

As in the days of Noah...

"And the LORD said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward:"

"And I will fetch a morsel of bread, and comfort ye your hearts; after that ye shall pass on: for therefore are ye come to your servant. And they said, So do, as thou hast said."

"And her brother and her mother said, Let the damsel abide with us a few days, at the least ten; after that she shall go."

"And after that came his brother out, and his hand took hold on Esau's heel; and his name was called Jacob: and Isaac was threescore years old when she bare them."

"Moreover he kissed all his brethren, and wept upon them: and after that his brethren talked with him."

"And I will stretch out my hand, and smite Egypt with all my wonders which I will do in the midst thereof: and after that he will let you go."

"And seven days were fulfilled, after that the LORD had smitten the river."

"And he that is to be cleansed shall wash his clothes, and shave off all his hair, and wash himself in water, that he may be clean: and after that he shall come into the camp, and shall tarry abroad out of his tent seven days."

There are many other verses where the term is used like this but these are just a few.

• Members

2Ch 18:19

And the LORD said, Who shall entice Ahab king of Israel, that he may go up and fall at Ramothgilead? And one spake saying after this manner, and another saying after that manner.

Luk 15:4

What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?

1Cr 1:21

For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

1Cr 7:7

For I would that all men were even as I myself. But every man hath his proper gift of God, one after this manner, and another after that.

• Members

2Ch 18:19

And the LORD said, Who shall entice Ahab king of Israel, that he may go up and fall at Ramothgilead? And one spake saying after this manner, and another saying after that manner.

Luk 15:4

What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?

1Cr 1:21

For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

1Cr 7:7

For I would that all men were even as I myself. But every man hath his proper gift of God, one after this manner, and another after that.

Yeah, brother, but in the context of the passage in Genesis the phrase as it is used in the verses you supply wouldn't make any sense. The author of Genesis (Moses) used the phrase to refer to a succession of time and an event that took place again. 

• Members

If it had been punctuated like this, I would agree.

4There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that. When the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

But it still cannot be speaking of "later in time" because This and This both happened "in those days"

4There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after thatwhen the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

It does not make sense to leave one "sentence" and then pick up another without a period and then capitalizing the next word. This is because "and also after that" and "when the sons of God......." are both part of the same sentence, speaking about the same thing, Am I making sense?

• Moderators

If it had been punctuated like this, I would agree.

4There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that. When the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

But it still cannot be speaking of "later in time" because This and This both happened "in those days"

4There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after thatwhen the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

It does not make sense to leave one "sentence" and then pick up another without a period and then capitalizing the next word. This is because "and also after that" and "when the sons of God......." are both part of the same sentence, speaking about the same thing, Am I making sense?

The use of the semicolon indicates a shift in thought, but not completely out of context. Thus, we have two subjects, but both are in the same context of time. These two things were happening at this basic time, the time that God was finalizing His time of patience with that world: 1: there were giants in the earth. Okay, giants lived then. Semicolon and also after that, (same general time period, same world) when this event occurred, (the SOG came in unto the DOM, etc, etc) represents a second thing occurring. Two separate facts, connected by the fact that they are both during the pre-flood/post-Eden world.

For instance: "There was a great TV show on yesterday; and also after that, when I went to the dentist, I got a filling in my tooth." The TV show has nothing to do with my fillings, the fillings didn't act to give me reception for the TV show, but they are connected in that they both took place on the same day.

They take place in the context of the same world, but two separate things-giants, and wicked relationships. But the giants were neither the product of the wicked relationships, nor were they they sons of God mentioned. Otherwise, why not say, "When the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, their offspring were mighty giants, men of renown" 

• Members

It means whenever the sons of God mate with the daughters of men unusual offspring will be born.

• Members

Sons of God - whoever they were - had children with the daughters of men - whoever they were - and these children BECAME mighty MEN, MEN of renown.

There is nothing in there that suggests anything more than fighting men who became famous - and by the way there were giants in the land - but every example of giants we see are larger than average but still men.

• Members

I have stayed away from this topic only because I have not found enough definitive scripture one way or the other to dogmatically state whether the "sons of God" were men or angels.

a lot of times in scriptures if it says it angles or not angels ALWAYS appear as men.

• Members

The use of the semicolon indicates a shift in thought, but not completely out of context.

So do periods.

I was studying English (as a language) history and at the time of the translators of the AV there were not a whole lot of instruction of grammatical structure as there was 50 years later or today. Pretty much they wrote as they spake.

Just recently the last man to speak the AV styled language died in England.

Archived