• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Do You Believe There Was Not Rain Before The Flood Of Noah?

31 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe there was no rain before the Flood of Noah?

• Yes
    • No

• Members

Please give an answer tothe question that best fit your poll answer.

Why do you believe there was no rain before the flood of Noah?

Why do you believe there was rain before the flood of Noah?

Please answer the POLL

After enough people have answered the POLL I will share with you the truth.

Edited by AVBibleBeliever

• Members

Ok Just for you I will give you the truth.

Yes there was rain before the flood of Noah.

Gen 2:5 And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.

The only time there was no man to till the ground was before day six through day seven.  Once Adam was placed in the garden part of his job was to tend it and keep it.  that would include tilling.  but they sinned on the eighth day (me personal belief) and they were expelled and from that point on God says, Gen 3:17-19 ¶ And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;  Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;  In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.  the whole gist here is that as he sowed the ground it would bring forth thorns and thistles and that he would have to eat the herbs of the fields (not those in the garden). 

And Cain was a farmer, Gen 4:2 And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.  there it is a divine cross reference of the word till/tiller of the ground. 

So in conclusion Adam and Cain were tillers of the ground and so it rained after the eighth day and had rained until the day of the great flood.  because not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.  it would seem that as long as there was not a man to till the ground God did not let it rain only a mist went up to water the ground.

• Members

I believe it cannot be stated dogmatically. Gen 2:5-6 indicate that prior to crating Adam, God had not made it rain. This, however, does not rule out rain in the pre-Flood world and does not give any indication one way or the other. It would be an assumption to say it absolutely did and it would be an assumption to say that it absolutely did not. It is, however, hard to imagine that the sun in the pre-Flood world would not evaporate water which would condense into clouds and subsequently rain. However, the Bible doesn't say either way so I can't justify a dogmatic yes or no.

I didn't vote because there are only 2-options and don't think either one accurately reflects my position.

• Members

Genesis 2 and Hebrews 11 come to mind.

The earth was a VERY different place before the flood.  As Hovind has said, what we see is a junk yard compared to a pre-flood earth.  If Genesis 1 suggests an ice shield in our atmosphere, then in all probability the earth was misted (as the Lord had written) and there was no rain until the flood.

Adam had no need to till the ground until he sinned and was thrown out of the garden.

• Members

I believe it cannot be stated dogmatically. Gen 2:5-6 indicate that prior to crating Adam, God had not made it rain. This, however, does not rule out rain in the pre-Flood world and does not give any indication one way or the other. It would be an assumption to say it absolutely did and it would be an assumption to say that it absolutely did not. It is, however, hard to imagine that the sun in the pre-Flood world would not evaporate water which would condense into clouds and subsequently rain. However, the Bible doesn't say either way so I can't justify a dogmatic yes or no.

I didn't vote because there are only 2-options and don't think either one accurately reflects my position.

I don't understand why people think that the weather was any different than it is today.  The bible does not say there was a cloud covering over the earth and if there was how could they see the stars which were for times, seasons and signs.

One of the errors of some like Hovind and Morris is in thinking that the atmosphere was different before the flood than after. 

One thing I know it has never rained 40 days and 40 nights any where since then

• Members

The earth was a VERY different place before the flood.  As Hovind has said, what we see is a junk yard compared to a pre-flood earth.  If Genesis 1 suggests an ice shield in our atmosphere, then in all probability the earth was misted (as the Lord had written) and there was no rain until the flood.

Adam had no need to till the ground until he sinned and was thrown out of the garden.

How can you prove that with scriptures

• Members

if there was an ice shield then why aren't we told about it in the six days of the work of God.  surely he would want us to know that?

they could not identify the stars if an ice shield was in the atmosphere.

Solomon said there is nothing new under the sun and that would include the pre-flood world.

• Members

so now we get into what one person called it in the How old is the earth thread vain imaginations.

That is the reason I started this thread is because you scoff at my observation of the earth in Genesis 1:-2 but embrace it in Hovind and Morris view of the earth.

Edited by AVBibleBeliever

• Members

I don't understand why people think that the weather was any different than it is today.  The bible does not say there was a cloud covering over the earth and if there was how could they see the stars which were for times, seasons and signs.

One of the errors of some like Hovind and Morris is in thinking that the atmosphere was different before the flood than after. 

One thing I know it has never rained 40 days and 40 nights any where since then

I can't imagine it being much different either and lean toward the view that it did rain before the Flood, but you can't prove anything from Scripture. It is pure conjecture to assert either position as definitive.

• Members

Genesis 1:10 (KJV)
10  And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good. 

Genesis 1:22 (KJV)
22  And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. 

I find it difficult to think of oceans and rivers without rain or precipitation of some type.  

• Members

I can't imagine it being much different either and lean toward the view that it did rain before the Flood, but you can't prove anything from Scripture. It is pure conjecture to assert either position as definitive.

But it is logical conjecture based on the scriptures.

Swath, Hebrews 11 does not speak about mist or rain. 

• Members

Genesis 1:10 (KJV)
10  And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good. 

Genesis 1:22 (KJV)
22  And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. 

I find it difficult to think of oceans and rivers without rain or precipitation of some type.  

that is true there are rivers in Genesis two and Solomon clearly stated and I loosely phrase it, that the rain came down flowed to the sea and it returned again.  When rain flows into the sea it does so by streams brooks, wadis (for you Greekaholics), and rivers.