• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

How Old Is The Earth

• Moderators

By the way, God would not create something incomplete and in darkness.  I just can't see A perfect and holy God creating something that was not whole and complete when I look at all he made from Gen 1:3-30 I never see anything incomplete.

And despite anyone best arguments, the statement structure of the English has a section change at Genesis verse 3. which indicates a separation of thought from the previous two verses.  This indicates that the day did not start until light was called forth and not before.

God didn't create anything incomplete and in darkness: He BEGAN to create something, that STARTED incomplete and in darkness.

For instance, when God created the first man, Adam, He didn't snap His fingers and there was Adam, formed, alive and standing-it says He formed him from the dust of the earth, (form from disorder, but incomplete, dead), THEN breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and man BECAME a living soul. He didn't create something dead and dirt, he BEGAN man WITH dirt, THEN breathed life into the form, and man BECAME living. Just as He did with the earth, God BEGAN with the heaven, (the space, the room for physical and spiritual creation), and the earth, unformed and unfilled, the beginning of the creation, THEN proceeded with creation piece by piece, until it was fully formed and filled. He didn't create anything dark and incomplete, he just began the creation that way.

As for your second thought, the day was COMPLETED after He separated the light from the darkness. All of the occurances of the first day are recorded before the declaration of: and the evening and the morning were the first day", and this is the exact process we see with each day: God creates, then the day is completed. So, the events of the first day were: God created the heaven and the earth, darkness was on the face of the deep, God said let there be light, separated the light from the darkness, evening and morning the first day.

• Moderators

AVBibleBeliever, let me say here, I certainly agree that you have the right to believe this, and I in no way mean to imply that because you do, you're going to hell, or anything-we all agree one's thoughts in such areas don't mean eternal life-but I just believe the Bible doesn't give the leeway you would need for this to be the case.

That being said, I think I will finish in this subject because I just am not seeing any of us benefitting from this conversation.  Carry on

• Members

AVBibleBeliever, let me say here, I certainly agree that you have the right to believe this, and I in no way mean to imply that because you do, you're going to hell, or anything-we all agree one's thoughts in such areas don't mean eternal life-but I just believe the Bible doesn't give the leeway you would need for this to be the case.

That being said, I think I will finish in this subject because I just am not seeing any of us benefitting from this conversation.  Carry on

Uku, I know you did not but when someone accuses me of being like the serpent I was deeply offended.  I wont be participating in this argument any more because of that persons insensitivity.

• Members

God said the heaven, the earth, the seas, and all that is in them were created in six days. You call yourself AVBibleBeliever, but doubt the truth written in the AV. You post, saying there is a gap between the creation on the heaven and earth and verse three.

The serpent also questioned the veracity of God's Word .

Not only does Genesis 1 show six days, but Exodus 20 and Exodus 31 also state it was six days.

• Members

The Gap theory I hold is not the traditional gap theory many of you label heresy. 

I don't hold to an old earth over 7000 years old, I don't hold to fossil records being millions and billions of years old.  I don't hold to pre-adamic men or creatures. I only hold to there being more to God's history between Genesis 1:1 and Genesis 1:2.  And I don't believe that the angels, the cherub, the cherubims, Serphims and arch-angles were created anytime during the 6 day work of God. And as I stated it is because of other Bible verses found in Job, Proverbs Peter and Genesis that I have come to that conclusion.

How this went from a subject that does not affect salvation and is a non essential understanding, to labeling people "serpent like" and "heretics" can only come from the lack of charity and brotherly kindness.

You may be correct in your view but you have no right to verbally accost someone for their view of this topic.  It was just as bad as being on a Ruckmanite website to hear and see such cold hearted and disrespectful treatment. 

• Members

And SFIC  I have personally led 775 people to Jesus in the last 9 years and during most of this time I have held this view.  So don't go comparing me to the devil because I believe in a gap.

I thought the Holy Ghost did that???   :scratchchin:

The question now arises...

Which Jesus? The one who created the heaven and Earth, the sea and all that in them is in six days? or one who created it in more than six days?

:amen:

• Members

I thought the Holy Ghost did that???   :scratchchin:

:amen:

No Jesus Saves, the Holy Ghost seals them But I was the one sent to preached the word of God to which these souls believed unto salvation.

Rosm 10:14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
 15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
 16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
 17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

No we are degenerating into claiming I preached another Jesus huh SFIC?   So far You have likened me to a serpent, labeled me a heretic (without knowing what heresy really is) and now you have me preaching another Jesus.

This is just such sweet loving Christian attitude and where are all the Moderators?  Uku, Saylan?  This kind of treatment of brothers in Christ is ok just because he disagrees with me?

• Moderators

No, its not alright. SFIC, you can disagree, I disagree, but we must watch our spirits when we do so. I don't doubt AV's standing as a chi;ld of God, nor do I doubt yours, but seriously, if we can't agree amiably here, how can we show a loving attitued to thoise we must deal with personally?

Be angry, but sin not.

• Members

Amen, Ukelemike.  I come on Online Baptist to fellowship with like-minded believers.  We should be exhorting one another not tearing each other down.  Sometimes, we need to be careful with our words.  Our speech should edify one another.  If we disagree with someone on something, we should be able to agree to disagree without name calling.  Don't we have enough trouble with the lost in the world, without having to be concerned about attacks from the brethren?

• Members

Who said I was angry? I am not angry at all.

I merely point out the inconsistencies in AVBB's teaching, and with whom they are actually more in agreement with. The gap does question God's Word, just as the serpent did in the garden.

And the AV states that the earth was created within a six-day period of time. To say a creator took more time than that is to point to another than the one in Scripture.

Edited by Standing Firm In Christ