• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

How Old Is The Earth

• Members

You see someone SPECULATED that hell was created during the six days of the work of God found in Genesis.  But the Bible does not teach that. 

I assumed this person heard it from a man and they believed that man over scripture. 

and you all dog me?

My theory holds more water that "Hell created during the six days of creation".

Did you ever notice that the term six days of creation is not a Bible term?

It is called "his work" not creation.

It is a term that came later but no where in Genesis one or two is it called creation

Edited by AVBibleBeliever

• Members

here is a verse to ponder

Ec 8:17 Then I beheld all the work of God, that a man cannot find out the work that is done under the sun: because though a man labour to seek it out, yet he shall not find it; yea further; though a wise man think to know it, yet shall he not be able to find it.

• Members

you are incorrect he was not finished with Adam until he had breathed into him.  It is never said there was no life in Adam and he was not a living soul until God breathed into him.  You do injustice to the scriptures

Gen 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

he was not finished with the Earth until He put flora, fauna, and man on it.

• Members

chapter and verse and where did you learn that?

Exodus 20:11 (KJV) 11 For [in] six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them [is], and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

• Members

You see someone SPECULATED that hell was created during the six days of the work of God found in Genesis.  But the Bible does not teach that. 

I assumed this person heard it from a man and they believed that man over scripture. 

and you all dog me?

My theory holds more water that "Hell created during the six days of creation".

Did you ever notice that the term six days of creation is not a Bible term?

It is called "his work" not creation.

It is a term that came later but no where in Genesis one or two is it called creation

you imitate the serpent well, "Yea, hath God said...?"

• Members

Exodus 20:11 (KJV) 11 For [in] six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them [is], and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

I am sorry but the lake of fire (ghenna, which is the place prepared for the devil and his angels) is not in or on the earth.  The hell(hades) that is in the earth that gives up its dead and is also cast into the lake of fire. Re 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Mt 10:28 And <kai> fear <phobeo> <apo> not <me> them which <ho> kill <apokteino> the body, <soma> but <de> are <dunamai> not <me> able <dunamai> to kill <apokteino> the soul: <psuche> but <de> rather <mallon> fear <phobeo> him which <ho> is able <dunamai> to destroy <apollumi> both <kai> soul <psuche> and <kai> body <soma> in <en> hell. <geenna>  this is the lake of fire where all men who are not written in the lambs book of life and are who judged at the great white throne judgement go

he was not finished with the Earth until He put flora, fauna, and man on it.

God does not create something in darkness, for God is light .  Gen 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters   and in the end God shall create a new earth with out recreating trees, fauna and fish, there will no longer be any darkness only light.  Rev 22:5 And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.  compared to Gen 1:3-5  And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.  no Night means no darkenss anymore.

The firmament is what keep the darkness contained with all the stars and planets it will be removed  Re 20:11 ¶ And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.  there will no longer be a place for the old earth and the heaven and it firmament will be passed away and even the seas will be no more.  Rev 21:1 ¶ And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

• Members

you imitate the serpent well, "Yea, hath God said...?"

slow down there SFIC.  How dare you make such an accusation, I am not causing people to fall into transgression nor am I deceiving anyone. 

You are always touting how we are to be loving and that was not loving are called for.

Please do not reply anymore to my posts seeing you feel that way.

• Members

Oh wait don't reply seeing you compared me with Satan.

• Members

God said the heaven and the Earth and the sea were created in a six day period. Yet, you say there is a gap. Yea, hath God said...?

Gen 1:1 says, In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.  I say there is a gap between verse one and two and I am entitled to my opinion.  But to have someone basically call me a devil for holding that opinion well I don't want to deal with you any more.  good day sir!

• Members

I did not call you a devil. I said you imitated the serpent by your words. There is no Gap. The evening and the morning were the first day.

The only gap there is here, is the distance you place yourself from the written truth.

you welcome to your opinion and I mine but don't COMPARE me to the devil that is rude, and uncalled for. 

I am sorry I will not discuss this any more with you so drop it please

• Members

I am not going to hell for holding a gap between verse 1 and 2 of genesis

so can we please be a little more civil.  Saying someone is like the serpent, and we all know what that means.  So try using a little more of all the Christian love you all are claiming we all need more of.

I believe there is a gap  You don't.  leave it at that but basically calling someone the devil wont win any one over.

And SFIC  I have personally led 775 people to Jesus in the last 9 years and during most of this time I have held this view.  So don't go comparing me to the devil because I believe in a gap.

you twisted more scripture than I so far

SO BACK OFF!!!!