• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

How Old Is The Earth

• Members

Learn English.

A spirit does not dwell in the physical earth.

God dwells in eternity.

Both God and angels can appear to us, the physical beings, but they are not limited to Time as we are.

Your hang up is with the definitions of "spirit", and 'physical' (in the body, flesh, carnal).

As Jesus said to Nic. "Art thou a master" in Aussie land, ....?

A. This is rude, personally demeaning, and uncalled for.

B. Being Spirit is not the same as outside time.

• Members

Oh no - now I wish God had chosen a different form of communication for His revelation.
He OBviously didn't know you can't communicate effectively by written word.

first of all we were not taking about God's words. we were talking about your interpretation of Prophets words and the communication between him and you.

Concerning God's words he has communicated properly it is carnal flesh that cannot understand it.  That is why we are commanded to study and rightly divide, the way the Holy Ghost teacheth.

I am deeply offended at your immaturity.  I will add thee too.

• Moderators

Here are some verses which use created and made as variations of the same definition:

Gen 2:3 "And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made." (all created and made in the six days of creations)

Gen 2:4: "These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens," (were the heavens and earth created, or made? Since the creation started with the heaven-singular-and later the others were made, heavens, plural, during the six day creation, that meants there was no third heaven for the Lord and his angels during the supposed millions of years between Gen 1:1& 1:2)

Gen 6:7: "And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them. (did God destroy the humans and beasts he created, or the ones He made? And we can't be speaking of original creration here, because those are all passed by this time)  

Isaiah 45:18 "For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else."  Here, we see God formed AND made AND created the earth. Which one? I'm confused! Unless they all mean essentially the same thing.)

• Moderators

So, did God MAKE the animals, or CREATE them?  because it says He did both. The words are interchangable, and those verses prove it out. God didn't create, THEN make, THEN form the earth. How many earths have there been? If creation is merely the original act, while form and make are later acts built upon the first, how many earths have there been. The Bible says one. There will be a second, and IT will also be created/formed/made by the hand of God.

• Moderators

So, did God MAKE the animals, or CREATE them?  because it says He did both. The words are interchangable, and those verses prove it out. God didn't create, THEN make, THEN form the earth. How many earths have there been? If creation is merely the original act, while form and make are later acts built upon the first, how many earths have there been. The Bible says one. There will be a second, and IT will also be created/formed/made by the hand of God.

Wanted to add something to this, relevent to the conversation, just a couple scriptures.

Is 65:17  "For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind."

Is 65:22  "For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain."

So, will God CREATE the new heavens and earth, or will He just MAKE them? Apparently, both. So, will He do it twice, or once, but using the same term to mean the same thing?  It has been posited before that there will be a new heaven and earth during the kingdom age, and another new heaven and earth in eternity, but this can't be, because the NH/NE in Rev 21 at the start of eternity is the second ones, because we are told the FIRST heaven and earth were passed away. Thus, we know there will only be a second one. So, will it be created or made, or both, because they both refer to the same act? 

• Members
Wanted to add something to this, relevent to the conversation, just a couple scriptures. Is 65:17 "For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind." Is 65:22 "For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain." So, will God CREATE the new heavens and earth, or will He just MAKE them? Apparently, both. So, will He do it twice, or once, but using the same term to mean the same thing? It has been posited before that there will be a new heaven and earth during the kingdom age, and another new heaven and earth in eternity, but this can't be, because the NH/NE in Rev 21 at the start of eternity is the second ones, because we are told the FIRST heaven and earth were passed away. Thus, we know there will only be a second one. So, will it be created or made, or both, because they both refer to the same act?
Same goes for the resurrections : Rev 20:4-6 4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them:and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years. Edited by prophet1

• Members

They are way off, partly due to their incomplete calendar year.

The generations in the Scriptures bring us all the way up to modern history... not hard to figure.

Their year wasn't incomplete.  They had leap months, as we have leap days.