• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

How Old Is The Earth

• Members

But God said things reproduce after their kind.
You can keep a stallion in with your cows, but they will never reproduce together.
Not possible because God says it is not possible, and science agrees.

Now speculation about a phrase that is somewhat indefinite in its meaning can not have a meaning applied to it that goes against a clear statement of Scripture.

• Members

Why does my Hebrew/KJV Interlinear Bible and Strong's in two Bible Programs have the word you say is singular Nephiyl in Hebrew for the plural giants in the AV?

Gen 6 Giants is translated from the Hebrew word Nephiyl why are people quoting it as Nephilim?  does your source differ from the ones I quoted here?

Check the interlinear again. Gen 6:4 uses nephilim (literally he-nephilim). This website is easy to use and good for looking something up quickly: http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInterlinear/Hebrew_Index.htm

• Moderators

Hem, I never said it was older than 7000 years either.  My title of the thread was a little broad but in the OP i said it was no more than 1 day to 1000 years than the 6 day work of God.

Then I ask again: How can" the sixth day" be "the sixth day" if there is one day or 1000 years inbetween two of those first days? There's a reason the Lord uses such specific terms, six days, made up of an evening and a morning-it just doesn't allow any more days for it to be from THE first day through THE sixth day, and THE seventh day, God rested. Was it THE seventh day, or THE 8th, or THE 1008th?

"In six days God made, heaven, the earth, the seas and all that in them is"- Not six a six-day work, broken by 1 day to 1000 years, rather 6 days, God made. Everything. IN Heaven AND in earth AND in the seas-that would have to include the heaven;y beings, which would have to include Lucifer and the other angels, both those that fell, and those that didn't.

• Members

Then I ask again: How can" the sixth day" be "the sixth day" if there is one day or 1000 years inbetween two of those first days? There's a reason the Lord uses such specific terms, six days, made up of an evening and a morning-it just doesn't allow any more days for it to be from THE first day through THE sixth day, and THE seventh day, God rested. Was it THE seventh day, or THE 8th, or THE 1008th?

"In six days God made, heaven, the earth, the seas and all that in them is"- Not six a six-day work, broken by 1 day to 1000 years, rather 6 days, God made. Everything. IN Heaven AND in earth AND in the seas-that would have to include the heaven;y beings, which would have to include Lucifer and the other angels, both those that fell, and those that didn't.

exactly! There is no mention of God resting between the first day of creation and the next. We would be wise not to add to God's Word by putting a rest where there is none.

• Members

Kind begets kind. If a devil indwells a human, it is not flesh that indwells him. It is spirit.

A spirit indwelling a human could not produce natural offspring. It would produce spiritual.

Nehiyl/Neplilim are not the product of man/angel.

This is common sense. You are not welcome, in a debate of preposterous fantasy.

Anishinaabe

• Moderators

Or they are giants because they lived 900 years. See, if we live 900 years, would we, like today, stop growing and mature at 16, 18, 20 years old? Or might we continue to grow well beyond, maybe for 100 years, or 200 years? After all, if one physically matures at 20 years, say, and then lives 100 years, he matures in 20% of this lifetime. If they live, say, 900 years, might they then continue to grow and mature for 50, 60, maybe 70 years, growing slower, but taller and bigger? We have proof that many, if not all, animals once grew much larger: megalodons, (giant sharks), giant rhinos, giant sloths, giant spiders, giant dragonflies, giant beavers, turtles, etc, etc. Why not humans?

Only problem is that in societies where the average age of death is much younger (say, 40), we do not see people fully grown at 8.

speculation as well as it would seem these giants before the flood were different from the vast majority of men of their day.  Plus men's physiology stops growth at a certain time of maturity i.e. 18-21 years of age height has pretty much stopped.

Take a reptile they never stop growing throughout their lives.  If a Jackson Chameleon ate a good diet everyday and was to live 900 years it would be as big as a Volkswagen beetle with a long tail and three big horns like a Triceratops.  at that size the Jackson would not be able to clime trees anymore, and its feet would flatten out just like a Triceratops.  I would lay money that the Triceratop was just that a 900 plus year old Jackson chameleon of Adam and Noah's day.

Except they have different tails. Not the same creature.

• Moderators

Only problem is that in societies where the average age of death is much younger (say, 40), we do not see people fully grown at 8.

Actually, you do sometimes see that, in areas like, earlier menstration for girls, and sometimes shorter stature. Though these are primarily due to nutritional issue. Societies where they have a mortality age in the 40's, (none of which I am aware), would be so due to poor nutrition and poor environmental conditions and sometimes you Do see height and size issues related to such..

Except they have different tails. Not the same creature.

• Moderators

exactly! There is no mention of God resting between the first day of creation and the next. We would be wise not to add to God's Word by putting a rest where there is none.

And not just that He didn't rest, but He didn't do anything for any amount of time.

It seems the Genesis lays a very clear line of activity of God in this time: light, heaven, earth, separation between light and dark and bam, THE first day. Then work, and THE second day, work, THE third day, etc...And he rested on THE seventh day. It lays out exactly what He did and the time dilineation of when He accomplished it, then based all of time for man upon that time of creation.

• Members

Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth?  Job 38:4a

When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?  Job 38:7

In order for Satan and his angels to be "cast out" of the Thrid Heaven, God had to create somewhere for them to be cast to... the Second Heaven and First Heaven, the (surface) of the earth, and the innermost parts of the earth (hades, etc.)
Edited by beameup