• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

How Old Is The Earth

• Members

Heb 1:55 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son? Can you define:" at any time"? Anishinaabe

I am sure I can, but so what?

The context of the passages in Job indicates the phrase there is talking about angels - but even there it is not conclusive. And that passage has no relation to Gen 6 apart from a single phrase.

Now you are quoting a verse that also has nothing to do with the subject as though I should be swayed from something which I have already said I don't think we can be dogmatic about.

Fir the record, he has never said to any angel "thou art MY Son" but that had nothing to do with referring angels as "sons of God".
Primarily because God had an Only beggotten Son, whom He did refer to as My Son ( in whom I am well pleased, for instance.)

• Members

One of the passages in Job.......

Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them. Job 1;6

Just like Abraham was ''before the Lord'' and a host of others, the ''sons of God'' aka believers, including brother Job, came to present themselves, on terra firma, planet earth, men, and Satan "came among them" just like he does in your church on prayer meeting night and he does the very same thing he did to Job...accuses the brethren. Before someone says so, there is no throne or Heaven mentioned in the above  passage of scripture......

• Members

Angel DNA.??!!! ROFL

Beam Me Up.......Brotherman.....I think you been watchin' WAAAAY YONDER too much StarTrek ... :)

This is the kind of thinking I encountered on the Facebook site, F.A.R. ~ Fallen Alien Resistance.  Needless to say, I don't believe in this nonsense.

• Members

I am sure I can, but so what?

The context of the passages in Job indicates the phrase there is talking about angels - but even there it is not conclusive. And that passage has no relation to Gen 6 apart from a single phrase.

Now you are quoting a verse that also has nothing to do with the subject as though I should be swayed from something which I have already said I don't think we can be dogmatic about.

Fir the record, he has never said to any angel "thou art MY Son" but that had nothing to do with referring angels as "sons of God".
Primarily because God had an Only beggotten Son, whom He did refer to as My Son ( in whom I am well pleased, for instance.)

Has God, at any time, called the angels His sons?

Anishinaabe

• Members

Nah - of course I do.
The bible not only uses the word but also describes certain men as such.

However there is no indication that giants are anything other than tall men, and those in general appear to be around 9' tall when figures are suggested - like Goliath.
Og, judging by the size of his bed may have been a bit taller - say 10 or 11'.

But there is no suggestion in the bible that he was anything other than a man.

There are tribes in Africa for instance where the average height of the people is well over 6' - all of the adults grow to well above the normal average - but they are normal men.

Got it!  My sentiments exactly!  Thanks!

• Members

Beam Me Up.......Brotherman.....I think you been watchin' WAAAAY YONDER too much StarTrek ... :)

Actually, I just check the news daily.  You won't find information on a chat-room like Facebook.

But then, many people simply don't want to know what is going on in the scientific realm.

It's pretty evident that when clear scripture is "reinterpreted" to satisfy a preconceived notion

(as is the case with preterists) that it is best to focus on more "comfortable" scriptures, like the Gospels. :)

• Members

If a legion were housed in a man and they requested to be cast into pigs it would seem that devils would like to have fleshly bodies.  As far as DNA or experimentation that is highly speculative.  I have seen devil possessed people in the missionfield and it is evident they do want to have bodies.

If the giants were a mixed offspring of devils/fallen angels (sons of God) and the daughters of men then we will be seeing this again even now.  And we may be I once saw Hulk Hogan who was a big man in the 70's but then in the 90's I saw him standing with the newer wrestling generation and he was dwarfed by one man who stood at least one foot taller than he and a whole lot wider in build as well.

Now we do know that Angles appear as men so they are not sexless with that the gender is male.  We cannot be sure if they could multiply for the scriptures are silent as to the capabilities of angels.  We know they are strong for one killed 150,000 men in one night.  They could strike people with blindness.  but we are limited in knowing if they can reproduce like men.

Now if the giants were just mere men then those guys were some bad dudes to say the least.

Edited by AVBibleBeliever

• Members

Kind begets kind. If a devil indwells a human, it is not flesh that indwells him. It is spirit.

A spirit indwelling a human could not produce natural offspring. It would produce spiritual.

Nehiyl/Neplilim are not the product of man/angel.

Why not just use the word giants?

You are saying giants are not the man and devils.  So then these giants are just products of corrupt human flesh

• Members

You mean like the translators did?

I wonder why they did that?

Gen 6
 4  There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

Strangely they also said "mighty men" and "men of renown".

• Members

You mean like the translators did?

I wonder why they did that?

Gen 6
 4  There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

Strangely they also said "mighty men" and "men of renown".

Dave your two questions above are they in response to something?  They are kind of just hanging and I don't know the context of them to answer because I don't know what you are asking.

• Members

Kind begets kind. If a devil indwells a human, it is not flesh that indwells him. It is spirit.

A spirit indwelling a human could not produce natural offspring. It would produce spiritual.

Nehiyl/Neplilim are not the product of man/angel.

If sons of God are devils and they have physical bodies there is a possibility they could reproduce with women and their offspring were giants and being half human and males they could be called mighty men and men of renown as Dave points out.

Or they are all humans and giants are just a result of corruption of sin upon the bodies of men.

• Moderators

Or they are giants because they lived 900 years. See, if we live 900 years, would we, like today, stop growing and mature at 16, 18, 20 years old? Or might we continue to grow well beyond, maybe for 100 years, or 200 years? After all, if one physically matures at 20 years, say, and then lives 100 years, he matures in 20% of this lifetime. If they live, say, 900 years, might they then continue to grow and mature for 50, 60, maybe 70 years, growing slower, but taller and bigger? We have proof that many, if not all, animals once grew much larger: megalodons, (giant sharks), giant rhinos, giant sloths, giant spiders, giant dragonflies, giant beavers, turtles, etc, etc. Why not humans?

• Members

Or they are giants because they lived 900 years. See, if we live 900 years, would we, like today, stop growing and mature at 16, 18, 20 years old? Or might we continue to grow well beyond, maybe for 100 years, or 200 years? After all, if one physically matures at 20 years, say, and then lives 100 years, he matures in 20% of this lifetime. If they live, say, 900 years, might they then continue to grow and mature for 50, 60, maybe 70 years, growing slower, but taller and bigger? We have proof that many, if not all, animals once grew much larger: megalodons, (giant sharks), giant rhinos, giant sloths, giant spiders, giant dragonflies, giant beavers, turtles, etc, etc. Why not humans?

speculation as well as it would seem these giants before the flood were different from the vast majority of men of their day.  Plus men's physiology stops growth at a certain time of maturity i.e. 18-21 years of age height has pretty much stopped.

Take a reptile they never stop growing throughout their lives.  If a Jackson Chameleon ate a good diet everyday and was to live 900 years it would be as big as a Volkswagen beetle with a long tail and three big horns like a Triceratops.  at that size the Jackson would not be able to clime trees anymore, and its feet would flatten out just like a Triceratops.  I would lay money that the Triceratop was just that a 900 plus year old Jackson chameleon of Adam and Noah's day.

Edited by AVBibleBeliever