• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

How Old Is The Earth

• Members

The last dragon killed by the English Knights was shown in an etching as being about the size of a small pony, four legged with scaley skin.
It was not reputed to be a fire breather and did not have wings.

The word dinosaur is a generic world for large reptile (actually means great lizard) and was only invented in the last 150 or so years - I can't remember when exactly.

The word dragon was used in a similar way to the dinosaur today - could in some cases mean a flyer, sometimes a fire breather, etc.
Even those into mythology games etc have different classes of dragons according to type, but a general classification of dragon.

Edited by DaveW

• Members

On a side note I remember reading somewhere that What we call North America today was called by a different name by the natives. But I can't remember what that name was.

Do you know what that name was?

It differs from tribe to tribe, but usually means "red clay" or "mother earth"

Anishinaabe

• Members

It simply doesn't "make sense" that God would create the earth "without form and void".

hayah = became H1961
The earth became without form and void

"Came into being", is what "became" means, here. When the Earth was made (became), it was w/o form and void.

Anishinaabe

• Moderators

Bones, bones man....where's the bones?

Mankind has kept domesticated cattle since before the Flood. Sumer, Babylon, Egypt, Rome, Persia, Greece, China, the Gaels, the Celts, the Holy Roman Empire, the Ottoman Empire, India, England, the Norse, France, Austria, Switzerland, Africa, Ethiopia... Everyone. Every century, every people, every village (excepting of course some jungle tribes). Untold millions of cows over the millennia. Many more cows would have been in existence than the few dragons in wild places being slowly hunted to extinction. Where are all their bones? If there are so few bones to be found for such a well-documented, common, prolific creature commonly found around human habitations, what do you expect for the far rarer and wilder animals?

Btw, dragon bones are part of traditional Chinese medicine. Guess that's where the eastern dragon bones could have gone. Hard to have imaginary medical ingredients, too. :frog:

• Members

Mankind has kept domesticated cattle since before the Flood. Sumer, Babylon, Egypt, Rome, Persia, Greece, China, the Gaels, the Celts, the Holy Roman Empire, the Ottoman Empire, India, England, the Norse, France, Austria, Switzerland, Africa, Ethiopia... Everyone. Every century, every people, every village (excepting of course some jungle tribes). Untold millions of cows over the millennia. Many more cows would have been in existence than the few dragons in wild places being slowly hunted to extinction. Where are all their bones? If there are so few bones to be found for such a well-documented, common, prolific creature commonly found around human habitations, what do you expect for the far rarer and wilder animals?

Btw, dragon bones are part of traditional Chinese medicine. Guess that's where the eastern dragon bones could have gone. Hard to have imaginary medical ingredients, too. :frog:

Google is just a click away :frog:

• Members

Can any of you doubters of dragons please tell me when did the first paleontologist walk the earth.  You know those guys who came up with the word to label all the bones that you call dinosaur bones.  Can any of you hazard a guess as to what those critters may have been called by our ancestors of hundreds of years ago?  Too help you out I will attach some pictures of some ancient critters that we call dinosaurs and you can take a take a guess at what our ancient ancestors may have called them.  Chances are they did not call them dinosaurs.  Oh, I googled the following link because I could not cut and paste a bunch of pics from my encyclopedia even though I know That makes me appear not as smart as people who don't need google.

https://www.google.com/search?q=pics+of+dinosaurs&client=firefox-a&hs=hZN&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=fflb&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=IlgEU6yYLpDvoATi34K4DQ&ved=0CCkQsAQ&biw=1920&bih=939

God bless,

Larry

• Members

Indeed, through art and writings we find that what we know as dinosaurs were once among men in various parts of the world. While they were not known as dinosaurs (which is an umbrella term covering species ranging from the size of a chicken to a house) there is documentation of encounters which such in Europe into the 1400-1500s.

• Members

I don't see where God commissioned Lucifer to buld a throne, and I don't see where God judged the earth because of Lucifer. God judged the earth because of man.

And I repeat:

"For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it." Ex 20:11

Made: asah 

to do, fashion, accomplish, make

1. (Qal)

1. to do, work, make, produce

1. to do

2. to work

3. to deal (with)

4. to act, act with effect, effect

So in six days God made, produced,  heaven (singular, the whole space), earth, the sea and everything in them. So, not seeing any space here for a gap. The creation of the heaven and earth were part of the first day, which was marked by the creation of light and its separation from darkness.

If God, in SIX days, MADE, PRODUCED everything, heaven, (not heavenS), earth the sea and all that in them is, which would HAVE to include the separate heavens, AND the  heavenly beings, since they are in heaven, or at least, one of them, the sun, the moon, the stars, everything in six days. Then He rested ON the seventh day. THE seventh day. Thus, there cannot be even one day or 1 million years added to it, if God rested on THE seventh day after making all things in the preceeding six. There is no room.

I believe the angles, arch-angels, Serraphim, cherubs and cherubim were made before Genesis 1:1.  I believe that testing of the angels and Lucifer was before Gen 1:1.  

I admitted that there was no reference in scripture on Lucifer's commission but where did he get the throne that he was trying to exalt himself with above God?

If the earth was created as a place of exaltation of God the Son and the end of the book tells us he does get his throne and exaltation on earth and on a new one to boot.

Something took place before Gen 1:2 that caused the waters to leave their decreed place which was fountains and flood the earth in Gen 1:2.

the reason it is not in  scripture is because it has absolutely nothing to help us live a godly life.  Not everything known of God and his abode is recorded in the Bible.  Paul heard words he said were not to be uttered by men, certain things were decreed during John's experience that he was told not to write down.

• Members

If you admit this theory has nothing to do with living a godly life, and God chose not to give us specific information about these things, and there is no scriptural backing for your viewpoint, then why even entertain such ideas at all?

We are told to avoid vain imaginations even as we are told to abide by what God has commanded us in Scripture. Considering we will never in this lifetime fully grasp, memorize and put into practice all that God has revealed to us in Scripture it seems we have more than enough to do simply striving to know the Word given and obeying His commands.

• Moderators

I believe the angles, arch-angels, Serraphim, cherubs and cherubim were made before Genesis 1:1.  I believe that testing of the angels and Lucifer was before Gen 1:1.  

I admitted that there was no reference in scripture on Lucifer's commission but where did he get the throne that he was trying to exalt himself with above God?

If the earth was created as a place of exaltation of God the Son and the end of the book tells us he does get his throne and exaltation on earth and on a new one to boot.

Something took place before Gen 1:2 that caused the waters to leave their decreed place which was fountains and flood the earth in Gen 1:2.

the reason it is not in  scripture is because it has absolutely nothing to help us live a godly life.  Not everything known of God and his abode is recorded in the Bible.  Paul heard words he said were not to be uttered by men, certain things were decreed during John's experience that he was told not to write down.

"For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it." Ex 20:11

You can certainly believe all that you like, but you can't get around the facts that:

A: as you said, there's no reference in scripture of what you believe, and

B: The Bible says that in six days the heaven and earth and seas and ALL THAT IN THEM, (heaven, earth and seas) IS, and rested on the seventh.

So, you believe what you admit is not there, and ignore what is there. Is this really a stand you wish to hold to?

The throne Lucifer wanted was God's throne-it is the ONLY throne. And if it isn't God's throne, then it is a throne he created for himself. There is no evidence that Lucifer was given a throne by the Lord, only that he wanted on that was above the Lord's. HIS throne. Lucifer was about Lucifer and what was HIS and he wanted all. He was the anointed cherub that covereth, anointed not to rule, but to cover-cover what? Possibly the throne of God, as we see from the cherubim on the mercy seat. But its only conjecture, but at least there's more proof to that.

BUt the bottom line is the Bible is clear that everything in heaven, earth and the seas, which would have to include the created angelic beings, was made in six days. Its what the Bible says and you can't get around that.

• Members

Can any of you doubters of dragons please tell me when did the first paleontologist walk the earth.  You know those guys who came up with the word to label all the bones that you call dinosaur bones.  Can any of you hazard a guess as to what those critters may have been called by our ancestors of hundreds of years ago?  Too help you out I will attach some pictures of some ancient critters that we call dinosaurs and you can take a take a guess at what our ancient ancestors may have called them.  Chances are they did not call them dinosaurs.  Oh, I googled the following link because I could not cut and paste a bunch of pics from my encyclopedia even though I know That makes me appear not as smart as people who don't need google.

https://www.google.com/search?q=pics+of+dinosaurs&client=firefox-a&hs=hZN&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=fflb&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=IlgEU6yYLpDvoATi34K4DQ&ved=0CCkQsAQ&biw=1920&bih=939

God bless,

Larry

Don't know

But whenever the first man, "paleontologist" title notwithstandingdug up the first "dino" skeleton and put the thing together, suppose he DID just call it a dragon: Why are all the bones fossilized, why are there no organic bone skeletons of "dragons"? How come we can find the organic bones from the time of "beowulf" and "beowulf's horse", but none of the dragons he "slew"

• Members

If Prov 8:21 is a chronological preserved scriptures then water was not on the earth when it was created.  Water originally was locatred  fountains.

no one hear is required to agree with me.

I bet some of you believe there was no rain until the flood of Noah's time?

Edited by AVBibleBeliever