• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Do You Cook On Valentine's Day?

The Glory Land

• Members

I've already spent enough time in the kitchen this week. I cooked most of one supper (I began the meal and took care of it until the very end when my wife finished it up) and another supper I had cooked and ready so my wife didn't have to do anything but eat.

You know us Fundamentalists are very strict, keeping our women barefoot, pregnant :preggo: and in the kitchen :hungry:. Well, we are too old for the pregnant part now so I really don't think I should take the other two away from her! :coolsmiley:

• Members

Ha - sure. But who's gonna do the cooking? :wink

My dad always said ,"all the great chefs in the world are men" my dad is a phenomenal cook, my brother, even better. I always do breakfast in the morning, and I cook over the weekend. I really enjoy it.

• Moderators

My dad always said ,"all the great chefs in the world are men" my dad is a phenomenal cook, my brother, even better. I always do breakfast in the morning, and I cook over the weekend. I really enjoy it.

Don't disagree with you there! I know some guys who are marvelous cooks. In my household, though, if I don't cook (or buy), I don't eat. There's no one else around to feed me! :wink

• Moderators

My culinary attempts are more of the "survival mode" category. It won't kill you, but you won't eat enough to gain weight.

My wife said she'd rather eat her cooking than mine ---- come to think of it, I'd rather eat her cooing than mine.

• Members

Don't disagree with you there! I know some guys who are marvelous cooks. In my household, though, if I don't cook (or buy), I don't eat. There's no one else around to feed me! :wink

Haha! My wife an I always try and out do each other, she actually has a good imagination but she struggles with cooking meats, especially chicken, chicken can be tricky sometimes

• Members

My culinary attempts are more of the "survival mode" category. It won't kill you, but you won't eat enough to gain weight.

My wife said she'd rather eat her cooking than mine ---- come to think of it, I'd rather eat her cooing than mine.

I think brother it comes down to when/ if you were taught, my dad worked with my brother and I when we were kids. And I think you have to have a love for it to be really good at it

• Members

My dad was a cook in the Army, HC.  He could could very well, too.

Our church spaghetti dinner is tonight.  The men do the cooking and clean up for the ladies.  I have a bad cold, so we aren't going.  Yes, I am cook on Valentine's Day.  We are having stew tonight.    

• Moderators

We are simply having frozen pizza tonight (well, I'll bake it first, lol). 

:ROFL:

Actually, I guess I don't have to cook tonight after all. Our church is having our annual Sweetheart's Banquet, and I'm serving. We workers get to eat the leftovers (and they are good leftovers!), so there you go.

• Members

Actually, I guess I don't have to cook tonight after all. Our church is having our annual Sweetheart's Banquet, and I'm serving. We workers get to eat the leftovers (and they are good leftovers!), so there you go.

That is the name of our dinner, Salyan.  It is a sweetheart's dinner where the men cook and clean up for the women.  I am sad that we can't go, but I have this horrible cold.  It has been a bad winter for sickness.

Archived