• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The "wines" Of The Bible - The Blessed & The Cursed

• Members

The Egyptian bibles contain the Word of God but they are not the Word of God.  God preserved His Word in the King James Bible.  All others based on the Egyptian/Westcott and Hort are of the devil.

Christians do not grow much at all in Christ using a perversion.  That is my own testimony and born out by many others I've known and talked to.  It's also apparent in those that come here who use them, they are sorely lacking in knowledge and discernment because they have been duped into using a perversion too.  It's never too late to switch, I did, you (if the shoe fits) and others can too.

Matter of opinion and obviously different experiences.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Matter of opinion...

No sir, this position is born out by the facts.  There are no errors in the King James Bible.  The Received Text comes out of the church at Antioch (where Christians were first called Christians) and the Alexandrian texts come out of Egypt.  ALL new bibles are based on the Egyptian texts which were penned by non Christians.  ALL of them contain contradictions and omit God's Word, the NIV omits some 60,000 words for example.  What did God say about what happens to those who add to or take away from his Word?

The rock-n-roll, beer drinking "christian" loves the modern versions because then there is no final authority, they can act in any carnal way they please and point to another "translation" to justify their wicked behavior and confound the truth.  This includes the "pastors" of those concert halls which they call churches.  Most are just as lost as Catholics and Muhammadens.

I see you made a funny face at the mention of Sam Gipp, seems you would do well to watch the videos too, regardless of what you think of the man.

Just heard that Banner is gone and that's good news!

• Members

No sir, this position is born out by the facts.  There are no errors in the King James Bible.  The Received Text comes out of the church at Antioch (where Christians were first called Christians) and the Alexandrian texts come out of Egypt.  ALL new bibles are based on the Egyptian texts which were penned by non Christians.  ALL of them contain contradictions and omit God's Word, the NIV omits some 60,000 words for example.  What did God say about what happens to those who add to or take away from his Word?

The rock-n-roll, beer drinking "christian" loves the modern versions because then there is no final authority, they can act in any carnal way they please and point to another "translation" to justify their wicked behavior and confound the truth.  This includes the "pastors" of those concert halls which they call churches.  Most are just as lost as Catholics and Muhammadens.

I see you made a funny face at the mention of Sam Gipp, seems you would do well to watch the videos too, regardless of what you think of the man.

Also, how can any of the other versions be right if they all come from the same line/translation and don't even agree with each other?

• Members

So everyone that reads a different version, in your opinion, is a carnal, wicked, rock and roller who loves to drink.  That's quite an opinion.

I'v seen enough of Gipp's videos to  :runforhills:

• Members

If the Word of God is true but you have two versions which say different things, then one of them is wrong.

It really is as simple as that.

If God's Word is inerrant but each version is different, then which one of the many is inerrant?

They can't all be inerrant if they are different.

Secondly, the statistics of numbers of changes and omissions are at least roughly correct. Deciding which is correct (has KJV added or have the others removed) is really the issue.

I will try to find the link again but there is a list of changes and omissions in the NIV. You will think some are petty but some are amazingly huge. But the changes are definitely there.

Now, few if any here would say that some can't get saved from another bible version. Few if any here would say you can't grow using another bible (although I think many here would suggest that growth would be limited).
Most would say that the KJV has the perfect preserved Word of God (for the english speaking world) and is therefore the best version to read. After all, if you had a choice of cars to drive but you while they both looked the same, one had a few bits missing, which would you choose to drive?

I have a question for "other than KJV"ers:

Do we have a complete and perfect Bible available to us today, and if we do which of the various versions is it?

• Members

We have "translations."  Words or sentence structure may be different, but the meanings are the same.  Wasn't there already a KJV thread?  If Christians aren't growing there could be numerous reasons, and not necessarily what version they're reading.  Lack of studying, poor hermeneutics, ignorance, lack of willingness to mature, etc.

• Members

So everyone that reads a different version, in your opinion, is a carnal, wicked, rock and roller who loves to drink.  That's quite an opinion.

I never said nor insinuated such.  Please read it again.

We have "translations."  Words or sentence structure may be different, but the meanings are the same.  Wasn't there already a KJV thread?  If Christians aren't growing there could be numerous reasons, and not necessarily what version they're reading.  Lack of studying, poor hermeneutics, ignorance, lack of willingness to mature, etc.

God recorded His Word in the way he wanted us to learn them.  When you accept these other translations you put the translators, not God, as your final authority for all matters of faith and practice.  All of these Egyptian bibles, which all the modern versions are based on, are perverse and change God's Word to suit their copyrights, puff them up, and their wallets too.

• Members

I never said nor insinuated such.  Please read it again.

God recorded His Word in the way he wanted us to learn them.  When you accept these other translations you put the translators, not God, as your final authority for all matters of faith and practice.  All of these Egyptian bibles, which all the modern versions are based on, are perverse and change God's Word to suit their copyrights, puff them up, and their wallets too.

I use the Holy Spirit.

• Members

The Holy Ghost would NEVER have you use the devil's handiwork as a replacement for the Bible that the Holy Ghost wrote!  That's a silly belief when you think about it!

Gipp like you and me doesn't have everything right but on this topic, he's spot on.  I wouldn't listen to James White for example when it comes to the King James or modern perversions but he is spot on when talking about cults like the Russellites.

• Members

The Holy Ghost would NEVER have you use the devil's handiwork as a replacement for the Bible that the Holy Ghost wrote!  That's a silly belief when you think about it!

Gipp like you and me doesn't have everything right but on this topic, he's spot on.  I wouldn't listen to James White for example when it comes to the King James or modern perversions but he is spot on when talking about cults like the Russellites.

Since He takes up residence in my heart, He is my Helper, Comforter, Guide and Revealer of Truth, and He will never leave or forsake me.  That's all I need and no one else.

Archived