• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The "wines" Of The Bible - The Blessed & The Cursed

• Members

I don't think you need to cover it at all, Banner.  It has already been covered in a couple of recent threads.  As I stated, I was just commenting to Jeffrey.  Those saints that chose to drink alcohol will and those of us who know it is a sin to God, won't.  It is as simple as that.

It is not that simple.  The job of the follower of Jesus Christ is to rebuke and exhort, with all longsuffering that they may come to understand, by the Grace of God, why drinking alcohol is a sin.

When light is come and they reject it, they are now under condemnation, their feet upon the path to perdition [no longer saints], lest they come to repent.

And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. John 3:19

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It is not that simple.  The job of the follower of Jesus Christ is to rebuke and exhort, with all longsuffering that they may come to understand, by the Grace of God, why drinking alcohol is a sin.

When light is come and they reject it, they are now under condemnation, their feet upon the path to perdition [no longer saints], lest they come to repent.

And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. John 3:19

Banner, the subject has been rehashed too many times on OB lately.  I am getting tired of it.  I don't think it was wise for you to start yet another thread on alcohol.  I'm out.  

• Members

no more for now on the subject

That's 2 for "no more", only 4 more to go and the thread is done.  Sad, pitiable, but there it is.

How will you answer the texts that people raise... like 1 Timothy 5:23, that it too is not talking about alcoholic content?

How will you explain that Romans 14 is not talking about alcoholic wine at all? among other things.

• Members

Do you want me to just tell you that alcoholic "wine" is forbidden, has a curse upon it, causes death, is linked to sin, the serpent, destruction and Babylon, or should I give Scripture that absolutely substantiates that point?

i think what Cl is saying that you can give a few or a lot just put the address's on there instead of the entire verse. I can see 1 or 2 verses, but when you are pasting loads of them and in different colors, then it get disconcerting

• Members

Then I shall ask the question abroad.

Shall I continue with this thread, or let it end here?

The first 10 people to give their voice, the majority of them will be heeded.  So be it.

if you want i can discuss with you privately, please keep the verses to a minimum  :bleh:

• Members

According to Judges 9:13, He's pleased with it, Jesus drank it in Luke 7:33-34

Let me see if I understand you correctly.

You think God the Father and Jesus the Christ drink alcoholic wine which is intoxicating?  You know, "toxic"?

You think that the "wine" that is of the "vine" ["Should I leave my wine"] was alcoholic, in the Scripture of Judges 9, wherein trees are said to talk, and have a King over them?  Have you considered the word "cheereth" also in that it means "rejoicing", not intoxication?

Why do you think that the "wine" which Jesus drank was alcoholic, what Scripture do have for this?

Is God the Father and Jesus both Kings?

Bless the LORD, all his works in all places of his dominion: bless the LORD, O my soul. Psalms 103:22

Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him. Matthew 2:2

Tell ye the daughter of Sion, Behold, thy King cometh unto thee, meek, and sitting upon an ass, and a colt the foal of an ass. Matthew 21:5

And set up over his head his accusation written, THIS IS JESUS THE KING OF THE JEWS. Matthew 27:37

It is not for kings, O Lemuel, it is not for kings to drink wine; nor for princes strong drink: Proverbs 31:4

Was Christ Jesus a Priest on Earth [typological of the courtyard of the Sanctuary, where the sacrifice was to take place] and also a Great High Priest in Heaven?

Do you presently drink alcohol?

Archived