• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

In Defense Of Alcohol, God's Blessing To Man

• Members

No. The scriptures were given on drunkenness. You also ignore scripture when you offer you opinions and judgment on others. If your only contribution to this thread is to try to slander and not engage in a healthy discussion, then move right along.

It is not for kings to drink wine, nor for princes strong drink.

We, who are saved, have been made kings and Priests unto God.

Look not upon the wine when it is red, giveth his colour in the cup, moveth itself aright... fermented wine. Don't look upon it. I ignore no Scripture whatsoever. If I have spoken judgment at all, it was the judgment that the Bible already pronounced and I agreed with.

Your argument is not with me, but with God's Word. You demonstrate the fact that you despise wisdom and instruction. The Bible has a name tag for people that do. Don't like it? Then accept the instruction of the Word of God and look not upon fermented wine. It has the ability to lead away.

Healthy discussion?? It is not healthy to defend that which the Bible compares to snake poison... Nor wise.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Exactly.  So what may be sin to you and against your conscience may not be for me.

Not really...if it's sin for one it's sin for all. Sin is not subjective. I made no mention of conscience. What I said was that where the Bible does not explicitly permit or prohibit, biblical principle is the guidepost and I believe the principle(s) point toward abstinence.

• Members

doesn't sound "natural" to me. Man's intervention all the way through.
Matthew 12:35 (KJV)
A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.

http://www.morethanorganic.com/fermentation
If you care to look it up, wine grapes already have yeast on them, you can't help but make wine when you crush the grape, the mixture of grape yeast and sugars make alcohol.
So armed with this new information, where in Scripture does God tell us to boil down, take out the alcohol?
You are it's natural, the way God intended!

• Members

It is not for kings to drink wine, nor for princes strong drink. 

We, who are saved, have been made kings and Priests unto God.

Look not upon the wine when it is red, giveth his colour in the cup, moveth itself aright... fermented wine.  Don't look upon it.  I ignore no Scripture whatsoever.  If I have spoken judgment at all, it was the judgment that the Bible already pronounced and I agreed with.

Your argument is not with me, but with God's Word.  You demonstrate the fact that you despise wisdom and instruction.  The Bible has a name tag for people that do.  Don't like it?  Then accept the instruction of the Word of God and look not upon fermented wine.  It has the ability to lead away. 

NT priesthood indicates we now have instant access to the throne of God, through Jesus, to offer ourselves up as living sacrifices in contrast to OT animal sacrifices.

Please read Romans 14, apply it to yourself and perhaps you won't appear to be so condescending. 

• Members

The Romans quote you posted also says it is good not to eat flesh.

I am not offended by your eating meat only your drinking alcoholic beverages.

Rom 14:21 It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak.

Archived