• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

In Defense Of Alcohol, God's Blessing To Man

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Where did The Lord take the blessing away?

IT IS NOT YOUR BLESSING TO CLAIM!  Your reading someone else's mail and claiming for yourself.

Duet is all connected to appointed feast worship for ISRAEL not a Christian Gentiles living in St Charles IL.

You twist the scriptures to make yourself a JEW under Mosaic Law to attend feasts at a place of worship that does not exist today.

• Members

Besides you are only trying to control others lives, which is typical behavior of the IFB

Wrong!! Not all "IFB" are the same. A solid, honestly Bible-believing IFB church is not controlling. If you think that the KJV is controlling, you have more issues than you have shown here.

There are many people who like to say "the church is controlling" or "the Bible is too strict," and twist scripture in order to justify their sins and make themselves feel good about whatever they think is right in their own eyes, as opposed to heeding the Bible (and not a modern perversion Bible either).

• Members

Jeff will stand accountable to the Lord for this thread and as I know it will be a cause for some to fall into sin.  I do not believe this teaching is edifying nor strengthening for the body of Christ.  This will be used by the Devil to stumble and to snare weak Christians.  He is a teacher and will be held accountable even this day as the scriptures tell us his words here are an offense to the body of Christ and he has failed to see it in defense of being set free from RULES and REGULATIONS.  Judging us as, the servants of God, Pharisitical and judgemental while quoting Roms 14:3 that we should not judge him.  Hypocrite first remove the plank in your own eye.

James 3:1, 2 ¶ My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.   For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.

Jeff has offended in word here in this thread and bring condemnation on himself and Judgement from the Lord for each one who is stumbles or offended at his words here recorded for the whole world to see.

You should have never started this thread Jeff for by doing your sin is laid bare before us and the Lord.  Your sin will find you out. and his judgement will come quickly.

• Moderators

Jeffrey-if Boaz drank and was drunk, what is that to us? Is he our example?

If Israel was alowed, once per year, as part of a ritual of the law, to tithe a portion of their money through a festival where they ate and drank booze, again, what is that to us? Id Israel our example for our lives?

You asked us to show where in the NT we are told otherwise and I gave it to you-the verses given by Paul tell us the exact opposite. The festival says to seek after that for which the soul lusts/craves/desires, and Paul says not to seek after that which one lusts/craves/desires. And I would seek to be after Paul's example, than Israel's, who ultimately rejected their God and their Saviour.

By the way, in Duet 12:17, when the Jews were told to have the big party, they could not do it wherever they wanted-not only was it just oncer per year, but they had to do so in a special place: "Thou mayest not eat within thy gates the tithe of thy corn, or of thy wine, or of thy oil, or the firstlings of thy herds or of thy flock, nor any of thy vows which thou vowest, nor thy freewill offerings, or heave offering of thine hand:"  So, this is not some sweeping endorsement of boozing it up for Israel, but more likely a carefuly-monitored sowing of wild oats, as it were.

• Members

But still, Rom 14 and collosians 2 is still in there, you are still stretching Scripture to try and fit your belief and make it say something it doesnt, Is there a place in church nobody is allowed to go but pastor once a year? you are judgung another mans servant when a brother partakes, isnt getting drunk, but yet , you call that sin,you heard of the Pharisees right, you know LUKE 7:34?

BTW, did Boaz sin?
Ruth 3:6 And she went down unto the floor, and did according to all that her mother in law bade her. 7 And when Boaz had eaten and drunk, and his heart was merry, he went to lie down at the end of the heap of corn: and she came softly, and uncovered his feet, and laid her down.

Hey Jeff, if I may suggest an answer to your question......

The fact his heart was merry does not necessarily mean he was drunk.
It could equally apply to the feelings of satisfaction one has after a lovely meal - the sleepiness after a lunchtime roast dinner.

I don't think it actually says he drank alcohol, although it is a possible assumption.

a hard day at work, a lovely filling comfort meal, a nice lie down, dropping into sleep, and then waking later to find.......

Just as possible - the inference of him sleeping into a drunken rest is an assumption, not an explicit statement.

A possible explanation.

• Members

I am not controlling anyone.

But I will not teach or advocate what you are promoting through this thread because I know it will lead many to sin

By playing the "weaker brother" card, which you have to confess you are totes to drink, then claiming we need to stop, because you are offended, you are demanding we stop, when Biblically speaking, we can do then. Privately with God!, you are trying to control

• Members

perhaps you can answer the question, where in Ruth 3 does it say what Boaz drank?
Just as you foolishly and sinfully attempt to put alcohol in the Lord's cup, you also foolishly And sinfully attempt to put it in the cup of Boaz.

Vs. 7. 7 And when Boaz had eaten and drunk, and his heart was merry, he went to lie down at the end of the heap of corn: and she came softly, and uncovered his feet, and laid her down.
I'm not saying he was drunk, but what would make his heart merry?

• Members

Jeffrey-if Boaz drank and was drunk, what is that to us? Is he our example?

If Israel was alowed, once per year, as part of a ritual of the law, to tithe a portion of their money through a festival where they ate and drank booze, again, what is that to us? Id Israel our example for our lives?

You asked us to show where in the NT we are told otherwise and I gave it to you-the verses given by Paul tell us the exact opposite. The festival says to seek after that for which the soul lusts/craves/desires, and Paul says not to seek after that which one lusts/craves/desires. And I would seek to be after Paul's example, than Israel's, who ultimately rejected their God and their Saviour.

By the way, in Duet 12:17, when the Jews were told to have the big party, they could not do it wherever they wanted-not only was it just oncer per year, but they had to do so in a special place: "Thou mayest not eat within thy gates the tithe of thy corn, or of thy wine, or of thy oil, or the firstlings of thy herds or of thy flock, nor any of thy vows which thou vowest, nor thy freewill offerings, or heave offering of thine hand:"  So, this is not some sweeping endorsement of boozing it up for Israel, but more likely a carefuly-monitored sowing of wild oats, as it were.

Again, you are making false accusations like in Luke 7:34, by the very fact that Jesus made wine for a wedding, Paul speaks of it in Romans, Collosians, Timothy , Corinthians, shows that use was still ok,
Nobody has still shown me those verses in Romans and Collosians to point out my my mistake!

• Members

Hey Jeff, if I may suggest an answer to your question......
The fact his heart was merry does not necessarily mean he was drunk.
It could equally apply to the feelings of satisfaction one has after a lovely meal - the sleepiness after a lunchtime roast dinner.
I don't think it actually says he drank alcohol, although it is a possible assumption.
a hard day at work, a lovely filling comfort meal, a nice lie down, dropping into sleep, and then waking later to find.......
Just as possible - the inference of him sleeping into a drunken rest is an assumption, not an explicit statement.
A possible explanation.

And I'm ok with that too, that could be a possibility.
I would need to look at it more

• Members

Vs. 7. 7 And when Boaz had eaten and drunk, and his heart was merry, he went to lie down at the end of the heap of corn: and she came softly, and uncovered his feet, and laid her down.
I'm not saying he was drunk, but what would make his heart merry?

My heart is merry often after eating and drinking at an evening meal.  And we don't have alcohol in our house.

Archived