• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Can Your Kids Have Gay Friends?

The Glory Land

• Members

Look at those on this forum who DO NOT live separated lives, they indulge in all kinds of worldly things that separate them from God whether they know it or not.  

I'm just wondering how you know if individuals on this forum are "separate from God"?  How do you know more about these people than they know about themselves?  Do you have some kind of special gift of knowledge into people's hearts and minds?  Just wondering....????? :icon_confused:

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's not rebuke for you, that just realizing that you can't live up to God's holiness.
Specifically, in Scripture, where does Jesus rebuke "sinners"? I see Him rebuking Pharisses, matter of fact I recall he forgave a woman caught in the act of adultery!

"And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more."  Maybe this is a bad paraphrase but, "knock that stuff off, it's sinful".  Sounds rebukish to me.

God bless,

Larry

• Members

Great.  I've read other posters that state otherwise.  Someone in another thread welcomed someone by saying if they read the KJ then they will welcome them with open arms.  So if you don't, I guess you're not welcome.

I read that, GS.  It is a new person, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

• Members

I'm just wondering how you know if individuals on this forum are "separate from God"?  How do you know more about these people than they know about themselves?  Do you have some kind of special gift of knowledge into people's hearts and minds?  Just wondering....????? :icon_confused:

Because the bible tells me so GraceSaved.  God is not a liar but people are.  They lie and deceive themselves when putting their trust in their wicked hearts and not in God's Word.  This is taught all through the Scriptures.  

• Members

Because the bible tells me so GraceSaved.  God is not a liar but people are.  They lie and deceive themselves when putting their trust in their wicked hearts and not in God's Word.  This is taught all through the Scriptures.  

Well then you're in the same boat.  Hope you have a life jacket.  Mine is Jesus.

• Members

Swath, might be referring to this scripture GS.  It applies to all of us.

"God forbid:  yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged." ~ Romans 3:4

• Members

James 4:4 "Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God."

That pretty much sums up who you can and cannot have as a friend? 

We shouldn't be worried about what anyone else thinks. Can they show us in the Bible? Lining up with God's Word should be the only focus. James 6:17 plainly states to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin. The Bible isn't given for private interpretation, (2 Peter 1:20, 21) so the "well, I just didn't get that out of that scripture." or "it's your conviction." Nope if it is in the Bible, it is for everyone.  

• Members

I'm just wondering how you know if individuals on this forum are "separate from God"? How do you know more about these people than they know about themselves? Do you have some kind of special gift of knowledge into people's hearts and minds? Just wondering....????? :icon_confused:

To be fair, some people here have been pretty open about what they do and what they think is acceptable, even where the Bible is explicit.
And some people by their words display it quite clearly, as you yourself have noted.

• Members

I can think of the adulterous woman at the well and the rich young ruler.  

That's a bible truth.

We have to separate, it's a commandment and important doctrine, it protects us from evil.  A little leaven leveaneth the whole lump.

Look at those on this forum who DO NOT live separated lives, they indulge in all kinds of worldly things that separate them from God whether they know it or not.

Those are not rebukes,

• Members

"And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more."  Maybe this is a bad paraphrase but, "knock that stuff off, it's sinful".  Sounds rebukish to me.

God bless,
Larry

He said, where are your accusers? Nor do I condemn you, go and sin no more, doesn't sound like he called her a whore or anything like that, did He?

• Members
He said, where are your accusers? Nor do I condemn you, go and sin no more, doesn't sound like he called her a whore or anything like that, did He? Matter if fact He was kind if compassionate to her wasn't He? I mean after all, she was caught in the very act!!!
Too many people here are like Jonah, waiting for the destruction of Nineveh, which they will never see.

• Members

He said, where are your accusers? Nor do I condemn you, go and sin no more, doesn't sound like he called her a whore or anything like that, did He?

Would calling her a whore be necessary in order to call it a rebuke.  After He did call her a sinner.

God bless,

Larry

Archived