• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Can Your Kids Have Gay Friends?

The Glory Land

• Members

As honebee pointed out, "I have yet to find a homosexual who would like to be my friend."

Years ago, my son and my ex-husband were going to a homosexual to get their hair cut.  I arrived to pick up my son one day in this man's shop.  After I left, the man asked my ex husband if I was a Born Again Christian.  No words were exchanged between me and this man, except "hello."  My ex husband told the man, "yes" and also asked him how he could tell.  The homosexual said, I can spot a Born Again Christian a mile away.

Since I have been saved, the only friends I have are other born again Christians.  In fact, two professing "friends" say they are born again, but still have a foot in the world.  I haven't spoken to either of them in over two years.  Therefore, the only friends I have are friends who are IFB.  I lost all contact with my unsaved friends when I trusted Jesus Christ as Personal Saviour.  They decided they didn't want to hang around me anymore.  That's alright with me, b/c I know my friends are women in my IFB church and surrounding IFB churches.  And, I also know that the closest friend I have, besides my husband, is the Lord Jesus Christ.    

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

As honebee pointed out, "I have yet to find a homosexual who would like to be my friend."
Years ago, my son and my ex-husband were going to a homosexual to get their hair cut. I arrived to pick up my son one day in this man's shop. After I left, the man asked my ex husband if I was a Born Again Christian. No words were exchanged between me and this man, except "hello." My ex husband told the man, "yes" and also asked him how he could tell. The homosexual said, I can spot a Born Again Christian a mile away.

Since I have been saved, the only friends I have are other born again Christians. In fact, two professing "friends" say they are born again, but still have a foot in the world. I haven't spoken to either of them in over two years. Therefore, the only friends I have are friends who are IFB. I lost all contact with my unsaved friends when I trusted Jesus Christ as Personal Saviour. They decided they didn't want to hang around me anymore. That's alright with me, b/c I know my friends are women in my IFB church and surrounding IFB churches. And, I also know that the closest friend I have, besides my husband, is the Lord Jesus Christ.

Exactly....the lost/unsaved friends will usually stop being friends with one who is truly saved. Same for family. Of my family only my sister claims to be saved (she attends a Lutheran church), but one sure would not know it by her fruit...she is still deeply steeped in the world and sin. My brothers stopped communicating with me years ago after I was saved. My parents are communicating with me but are not saved, but have seen my life changed and my sisters hypocricy and ask questions from time to time.

Like you Candle, my family is comprised of Jesus, my wife and my church family.

• Members

My husband told me long ago, that I would loose all my worldly friends.  He told me it is a part of being a follower of Jesus Christ.  I am happy to say that my husband has a large family, all of whom are saved.  He is the oldest of nine children.  They are included in my church family, as well.

• Members

My husband told me long ago, that I would loose all my worldly friends.  He told me it is a part of being a follower of Jesus Christ.  I am happy to say that my husband has a large family, all of whom are saved.  He is the oldest of nine children.  They are included in my church family, as well.

That's wonderful that his family is all saved.

I just found it amazing how I didn't have to do anything to "lose" lost friends, rather the quit associating with me when I began to follow Jesus and the Bible. I no longer have the desire (and also despise) for things such as alcohol, profanity, sinful music, and so on. I thank The Lord for all of that.

• Members

That's wonderful that his family is all saved.

I just found it amazing how I didn't have to do anything to "lose" lost friends, rather the quit associating with me when I began to follow Jesus and the Bible. I no longer have the desire (and also despise) for things such as alcohol, profanity, sinful music, and so on. I thank The Lord for all of that.

I should say that some of my in-laws grandchildren aren't saved.  However, they are young.  

Same with me, Bob.  They know what I stand for and chose not to associate with me.  I thank the Lord, as well, b/c I don't want anything to do with their lifestyles.  I have planted seeds, and I leave the rest to God.

• Members

GS, you are missing out on something.  The unsaved who were once my friends, want nothing to do with me b/c I am a Born Again Christian.  

I'm not referring to you but all the hypocritical, judgmental, so-called Christians on this forum who like to turn their noses up at people and think all are heretics who don't agree with them.  Think like me, act like me, dress like me, talk like me.  Sounds like a cult.  Whoever gets offended, well then the shoe must fit.

• Members

Luke 18:9-14

That's not it at all. Unsaved family and friends quit associating with me. I have made attempts at witnessing when the opportunity arose.
We are also called to be separate. One who is saved should not put him/herself intentionally into a situation where his/her testimony could be questioned, nor should he/she do, say or act as the worldly sinful world. One who truly loves Jesus will want to honor him and strive not to sin (although none of us are perfect) and strive to do ones best to glorify Him.

• Members

I'm not referring to you but all the hypocritical, judgmental, so-called Christians on this forum who like to turn their noses up at people and think all are heretics who don't agree with them.  Think like me, act like me, dress like me, talk like me.  Sounds like a cult.  Whoever gets offended, well then the shoe must fit.

I don't believe that if a person is not an IFB and does not hold to the KJV is a "heretic."  I believe that a person can be saved, using any Bible.  In fact, my MIL was saved when my husband was one years old, while she was holding him in a rocking chair.  A Pentacostal woman had been witnessing to her for some time.  She prayed to Jesus and He saved her right then and there.  I was saved, after many Christians had witnessed to me, in the hospital.  I trusted Jesus Christ as my Personal Saviour, after an Epileptic seizure.  I wanted to get in touch with my son.  He was with one of my lost friends.  It was that day that she decided she didn't want to associate with me anymore.  My son was staying the night at her house, as my ex husband let him.  She is a smoker, and I told her that I didn't want my child to be around a chain smoker anymore.  I never smoked, but for some reason the Holy Spirit convicted me to speak with her about it.  Thankfully, my unsaved ex husband complied with my request and picked him up right away.  He doesn't smoke, either.

I chose to be a member of an IFB church b/c I love the teaching.  I have studied Baptist history and believe the Lord led me to my church.  I also chose the KJV, b/c it is the only Bible that has ever made any sense to me.  I have read Modern Versions and I don't understand them.  

• Members

That's not it at all. Unsaved family and friends quit associating with me. I have made attempts at witnessing when the opportunity arose.
We are also called to be separate. One who is saved should not put him/herself intentionally into a situation where his/her testimony could be questioned, nor should he/she do, say or act as the worldly sinful world. One who truly loves Jesus will want to honor him and strive not to sin (although none of us are perfect) and strive to do ones best to glorify Him.

Yeah.  I wonder if some people on this site understand what it means to be Biblically separate.  They don't seem separate when they call names or think they're better.  They seem like the world to me.

• Members

I don't believe that if a person is not an IFB and does not hold to the KJV is a "heretic."  I believe that a person can be saved, using any Bible.  In fact, my MIL was saved when my husband was one years old, while she was holding him in a rocking chair.  A Pentacostal woman had been witnessing to her for some time.  She prayed to Jesus and He saved her right then and there.  I was saved, after many Christians had witnessed to me, in the hospital.  I trusted Jesus Christ as my Personal Saviour, after an Epileptic seizure.  I wanted to get in touch with my son.  He was with one of my lost friends.  It was that day that she decided she didn't want to associate with me anymore.  My son was staying the night at her house, as my ex husband let him.  She is a smoker, and I told her that I didn't want my child to be around a chain smoker anymore.  I never smoked, but for some reason the Holy Spirit convicted me to speak with her about it.  Thankfully, my unsaved ex husband complied with my request and picked him up right away.  He doesn't smoke, either.

I chose to be a member of an IFB church b/c I love the teaching.  I have studied Baptist history and believe the Lord led me to my church.  I also chose the KJV, b/c it is the only Bible that has ever made any sense to me.  I have read Modern Versions and I don't understand them.  

Great.  I've read other posters that state otherwise.  Someone in another thread welcomed someone by saying if they read the KJ then they will welcome them with open arms.  So if you don't, I guess you're not welcome.

• Members

Jesus's entire life, works, and words were a rebuke of the sinner.  I know even though I am a Christian when I look at Him, my life is rebuked.

God bless,
Larry

That's not rebuke for you, that just realizing that you can't live up to God's holiness.
Specifically, in Scripture, where does Jesus rebuke "sinners"? I see Him rebuking Pharisses, matter of fact I recall he forgave a woman caught in the act of adultery!

• Administrators

Perhaps to some, GS. But not all have said that or even indicated that type of thing.  In every forum, there is a conglomerate of people, all of whom have their own practices and beliefs, hopefully based on scriptural principle, but all too often filtered through each one's lens of experience (or even teachings exposed to).  Some are harsh and abrupt, sappy and kind, striving for balance, etc.

None of us are perfect.  Well, I'm close. BWAHAHAHAHAHA....

Jeffery, I would say that "go, and sin no more" is a rebuke, even if a mild one...

• Members

Can you show me where He rebuked them?

I can think of the adulterous woman at the well and the rich young ruler.  

That's a bible truth.

We have to separate, it's a commandment and important doctrine, it protects us from evil.  A little leaven leveaneth the whole lump.

Look at those on this forum who DO NOT live separated lives, they indulge in all kinds of worldly things that separate them from God whether they know it or not.  

Archived