• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Bill Nye Debates Ken Ham (Free Live Streaming)

• Members

It did it again. After Bill Nye's rambling about where atoms come from as soon as Dr. Ham starts his rebuttal the video goes to error. Something about Google "reloading" video. Anyone else experience this? It's done it almost every time Ham has spoken.

That's funny.  Mine was going out when Nye was speaking.

• Members

I think the best point made was that there are things we can't prove but if you ask God to reveal himself to you he will.  And when that happens, when he reveals himself, you just know in your heart he exists and nothing can change your mind.

The foolishness of God is wiser than man.  The message of the cross is foolish to those who are perishing.

I watched this debate. My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus and his righteousness. There are some things Bill Nye said which on the surface may seem compelling. There are other things he said that I've heard refuted before. His attempt to appeal to the audience based on money and the U.S. keeping up with the world fell on deaf ears. I see where pacing ourselves with the world is headed but, I know whom I have believed in.

2 Timothy 1:12 "For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day."

• Moderators

I think Ken Hamm might have done a better job. I think he won, but he really let a lot of softballs go. Bill Nye obviously has done little, if any study on current creation science, probably due to lack of any respect toward it, and he tried to mke points about things which Kent Hovind has answered quite well in the past, like the supposed annual ice rings, which are really ust warm-cool rings, which can occur numerous times each week. He made this point with the wwII aircraft in Greenland that were buried under hundreds of feet of ice, which showed many hundred of those rings, yet they knew they had only been down there for about 50 years.

I think Kent Hovind would have done a better job, but of course, he has much more experience with debating. But it was still pretty good.

I'd have liked to see a better format as well, more back-and-forth, maybe 10 minutes each back and forth to ask and answer assertions and assumptions.

• Members

I watched this debate. My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus and his righteousness. There are some things Bill Nye said which on the surface may seem compelling. There are other things he said that I've heard refuted before. His attempt to appeal to the audience based on money and the U.S. keeping up with the world fell on deaf ears. I see where pacing ourselves with the world is headed but, I know whom I have believed in.

2 Timothy 1:12 "For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day."

Bill Nye seemed to be all over the place during the debate. One thing that bugged me was his suggesting that if you believed in creationism you couldn't even be an engineer. Like somehow you need to believe in evolution to be an engineer. What he was really suggesting was that creationism should be banned by law or we will have a bunch of dumb kids coming up in the next generation. Of course, TV, music, video games, modern education or the teaching of evolution itself has nothing to do with this dumbing down. Your world view ultimately doesn't effect hands on science, biology and technology. I can understand human anatomy just as well as a creationist as I can as an evolutionist and vice versa.

Archived