• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

What Is A True Christian

GraceSaved

• Members

Acts 11:25 Then departed Barnabas to Tarsus, for to seek Saul:
 26 And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

the context seems to indicate that through being taught by Paul and Barnabas, either they themselves or the teachers (MHO) started calling them Christians first at that location.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A true Christian...

Believes in the 1611 King James Bible; the once and for all word delivered to the saints.

Knows that he doesn't deserve salvation and is a hell bound sinner who does deserve God's love but is given grace because he realizes his condition and seeks the LORD to live rightly.

Salvation doesn't mean you have the right to keep sinning. Water only makes you wet.

As a Christian we do not equate doctrines, say Jesus is Boo-dah, snuggle up to Muslims, be nice to female apostate preachers, wave to the filthy pope or call Mormons (Morons) brothers. We are to defend the faith, take the gospel to the streets, call out sinners and make the lost foaming at the mouth angry.

We don't get "offended" or "have our feelings hurt" or "be afraid to speak GOD's words because our female parts may get burned"....NO! Take it to the streets, get in their face and if they get mad...."Oh well; you're well on your way to hell you rotting dead corpse but at least someone cared to show you."

When someone gets offended because we call a sodomite a filthy hell bound sodomite, we reply "So you're on your way to hell too...get away from me you walking dead corpse." And you keep speaking the word of GOD.

A true Christian understands that America is an anti-Christ nation, it's going to die, Pledging to a rag is idolatry and this world hates our CHRIST!

Did I mention that this world.....HATES.....OUR.....CHRIST?!

Good....now go do God's work.

• Members

Unfortunately Daniel you are wrong on several counts.

A person can be a true born again Christian regardless of what they think of, or if they even know of the KJB.

Most who use the KJB use the revised (meaning various typos were corrected) edition from the 1700s so it would be better for us to simply say we stand for the KJB rather that tossing 1611 in there (unless one believes the 1611 is superior to the revised KJB and only uses the actual 1611) for otherwise the door is opened to charges of falsehood and attacks based upon the editions with typos.

Recall that Jesus rebuked His disciples James and John for considering an angry, harmful response to sinners. Christ is our example and when he met sinners on the street, in their homes, by the sea, on a hillside, He spoke to them with compassion, love and kindness with the hope of bringing them to salvation.

First Corinthians 13 makes it totally clear that no matte what good we may think we are doing, if it's not done in love, it counts as nothing.

To be clear, I'm not talking about the touchy-feely "love" of the world and wayward Christians, I'm speaking of the love we are commanded to example throughout the New Testament.

Showing anger and hostility is not the Christian approach to sinners. Neither is name calling.

Unless I missed something, I think I agree with the other aspects of your posting.

• Members

An app, even.

Anishinaabe

???? You mean a phone app?

No, mine is a 400th anniversary reproduction - photo reprint of an actual first edition (I believe).

Cool it is too.
It sits on my shelf and I try to read the old writing (successfully I might add) but it is a bit hard to follow at first.

• Members

I know an Orthodox Jewish man on Facebook who says the word "Christian" is thrown around way too much.  He says the majority of the world aren't Christians.  He makes a distinction between what he calls Confessing Christians as opposed to Professing Christians.  He says Confessing Christians read the Bible and act according to what Jesus taught.  He says that Professing Christians are "wanna be" Christians.

• Members

A Christian is a person professing belief in Jesus Christ and on the teachings of Jesus.

Half of what makes a person a Christian is missing here.  Repentance.

LuAnne, LuAnne, people are getting off topic here...   :bleh:  :bleh:

• Members

If they are professing Christ, then they repented by moving from unbelief to belief.

Is repentance moving from unbelief to belief?

swath, swath, when I need your help, I'll ask for it. :smug:

Goodness I'm just goofing around and poking a little fun!  

Archived