• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Just Want To Publicly Thank God

Pastor Matt

• Administrators

This week a long time family friend passed away, Gary Peirpont aka Pastor Gary. Pastor Gary was a close friend to my father. They grew up together in the same town, they went to the same high school, they went to Bible College together, and after Bible college, Pastor Gary became my dads assistant pastor for around 13 years. Pastor Gary helped start Faith Baptist Academy and was also the principle of the school. As a child, I remember Pastor Gary over our house many times for Thanksgiving meals, and he also was my teacher at Faith Baptist Academy, and later, Central Christian Academy. That was all around 24 years ago. 

Pastor Gary unexpected passed away on Jan 20, 2014. Just about all of his student has lost touch with him in the last 24 or so years. At the funeral last night, a bunch of us students from 24 years ago was able to reunite again. The impact that Pastor Gary has on our lives was incredible. He was a man of God and character. Even those students who went off their own ways all these years still have the utter most respect for Pastor Gary.

Here is the blessing. Seeing how the family has no money to pay for the funeral, I set up an Online Fundraiser to help his wife with the costs of the funeral. I figured most of us had lost contact for 24 years so I set the goal at $2.500.00 thinking it will never be met. Praise the Lord in less than 24 hours we hit the goal. I just keep thinking, "O ye of little Faith". 24 years later, his students still remember the love that he showed them.

http://www.gofundme.com/Gary-Pierpont

God is Good!!

Archived