• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Found This Site Via Sad News.

2bLikeJesus

• Members

I found this site following the blog entries and news surrounding Jeremy Whitman.  I do not care to discuss this horrible news but I am thankful that through it I may have found an online home to chat with others of like faith and practice.

I was saved in 1974. I entered the Marine Corps upon graduating high school in 1976 and served 4 years.  Then in 1980 I attended Pacific Coast Baptist Bible College in San Dimas, CA (now Heartland Baptist College in Oklahoma City) until 1982.  Rather than give a history of all the churches I have been a member of (I moved around the country a lot) I will just state where I have been a member for the last 12 years 3 months.  I am a member of an independent fundamental Baptist church at Victory Baptist Church of Roseburg, OR under Pastor Clint Caviness.  I am active in the ministry as the sound man, weekly soul winning (door to door), and cleaning the church on a 3 week rotation with 2 other families.  I am single and have been single now for 19 years after a divorce and my conviction against remarriage while my wife is still alive.  She passed away in June of last year, so maybe someday...but I am in no hurry, having become very accustomed to a single celebate lifestyle now.  I consider myself an advanced not quite expert level student of the Bible.  My shortfall that keeps me from being an "expert" is a dependence on my online Bible sources for book, chapter and verse of passages and scripture I know are in the Bible.  I am absolutely KJV only and NOT a bible critic.  I let the Bible define it's own terms, not some Greek/Hebrew dictionary.

I am looking forward to being active in studies, and discussions on this forum.

Your brother in Christ.

Bro. Garry

In His Will.  By His Power.  For His Glory.

• Members

Door-to-door is extremely tough in Oregon, which is ranked number 2 as the "least churched" state in the U.S.  I have been knocking the doors now for 12 years and I have only 4 saved converts and "zero" discipled converts.  It was MUCH easier, in Denver, North Carolina, Texas, and Southern California when I lived there.  Oregon is definitely a mission field.  There are very few IFB churches in this state and they are widely separated.

• Members

Thank you for sharing that. It seems many areas these days are not good for door knocking, even in some areas that once were.

Praise God you carry on even though the harvest seems little for much effort! Reminds me of some missionaries who spent most of their lives not seeing a soul saved until decades had passed by.

• Members

Missionary David Brainerd (sp?) missionary to the American Indians preached for 10 years before he got his first convert, and that convert was the man that translated for him for 10 years.  I go because ALL Christians are COMMANDED to go and preach the gospel.  I believe God's purpose is served even with those that slam the door in my face or curse me out.  God's justice is validated at the judgement when a lost soul tries to claim, "but no one told me!  How was supposed to know?."  I believe God will replay all the times He sent someone to share the gospel with them and what they did with it and the messenger.  I think that memory which will be with them forever, will be one of the worst torments in hell. 

Bro. Garry

In His will.  By His power.  For His glory.

Archived