• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

"fast Food" Preaching

Bro K

• Members

Found the following info on the "Fundamental Top 500" website; under the Hits Yesterday category:

#1: The Sermon Notebook website.......................24,863

#2: Jesus Christ is The Only Way To Heaven..........9,386

No wonder our IFB churches are in the condition they're in. :(

• Members

I dunno....can't you get ideas?  I looked up a devotional for a ladies' meeting once.  I loved the idea, but didn't like the devotional, so I took the idea and the passage but then wrote my own devotional with different points.

Maybe the preachers are doing that?   

Anyway....I get what you're saying though.  Hopefully they aren't just stealing sermons.  *shrug*   Between them and God.

• Members

I dunno....can't you get ideas?  I looked up a devotional for a ladies' meeting once.  I loved the idea, but didn't like the devotional, so I took the idea and the passage but then wrote my own devotional with different points.

Maybe the preachers are doing that?   

Anyway....I get what you're saying though.  Hopefully they aren't just stealing sermons.  *shrug*   Between them and God.

???????????????

• Members

Our pastor preaches a full sermon every Sunday right from the Bible. I'm glad and thankful for that, as I am also that we still have full prayer time during each service too.

Many churches have greatly lessened their service prayer time, or even dropped it completely. Some have also chose to go with shorter sermons.

If I want fast food I'll go to a fast food place, when I go to church I want a full meal and I want to take my time with it.

Archived