• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Clean Up

John81

• Members

With a new year I decided it would be a good time to do a clean up on my computer. I've deleted some things I don't use, eliminated unnecessary desktop shortcuts, etc.

I wanted to do a defrag, another clean up procedure I used to do but don't recall what it was called, and a history cleaning (though the last I recall, I had set the history to clear itself every week) but for some reason I can no longer find any of these.

Does anyone know how I can find them or if Windows got rid of them during one of their automatic upgrades or what?

• Members

Also, if you type History in the search box of your Start Menu, it'll pull up several "history" options...just look for the one you need.  This will only apply to IE.

If you want to clear the history on Firefox, Chrome, Opera, etc., that's done through each of those browser's menu options.

• Members

John, you can find what you need if you click "start" and select the "accessories" folder then choose the "system tools" folder. You should also try using the "clean disk" option too. This should work on all versions of Windows.

Also, click "start" and go to your "control panel" (which should be on the right) and choose "internet options" to clean out your cookies and such too.

• Members

If you are running the Windows 7 Operating System, try this:

Create a new folder on your Desktop.

Rename the folder Tools Access.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}

Hit Enter.

You have just created an awesome folder that gives you access to all you need.

Open the folder, you will find links to the following:

Action Center
Administrative Tools
AutoPlay
Backup and Restore
Color Management
Credential Manager
Date and Time
Default Programs
Desktop Gadgets
Device Manager
Devices and Printers