• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Husband Wants Divorce

RollTide

• Members

Please pray for me and my daughter. My husband informed he wants a divorce. He was having an affair before we moved here. (We are overseas). He now wants to move back to be with her. We've only been here 5 weeks. I asked him before we left the states and he denied it but now here we are. We have a 7 year old daughter that I homeschool. Now I'm facing having to give that up and go into the workforce. I haven't been in the workforce in over 10 years and my skills are limited. I just worry about my little girl being a product of divorce and having to put her in school. My husband is a Christian but out of fellowship. Our former pastor thinks he's possibly demon oppressed. He says there's nothing there and he's not even sure prayer works. He's unwilling to go to counseling. We've been married for 20 years. Prayer is really all I have. It doesn't look good but I know God can change hearts. I'm willing to do anything to save our marriage. Please pray for God to work in this.

• Members

That's a terrible situation to be in and I'll certainly pray for you. My parents divorced when I was 6 yrs old so I understand your concerns. The most important things for your daughter will be lots of love and consistency. The greatest challenges I've faced in my spiritual journey stemmed from the differing standards between my mom and dad. Despite their efforts not to tear each other down to me or my brother, the standards of living were completely different. My dad did his best to keep us grounded in God and in church, but my mom clearly went the worldly route and it made ungodly behaviors seem ok for far too long.

All that said, bless you for your willingness to forgive and stay with him. I truly pray that he is willing to reconcile himself to you and to God.

• Members

I pray that things get better for you. Seek christian consulting if you guys have not yet. Men do some weird thing, then we see that things on the other side are not so good, we repent, when it is too late. Wife's need to try to keep there men happy. Even when they don't deserve it. I am not saying this to you, but to all those that might be going through tough times. Find a place of worship, we christian, again I am not talking to just you, for I don't know who you are. We go to church when things are good, when problems come, we get away from serving and following God. I don't know why we do this?  God Bless you

• Members

Rolltide, I am so very sorry to hear that.  While my parents never divorced, I married a man whose parents were divorced, and he himself was divorced, with a young daughter.  Long story short, I left my first husband b/c he is a drunk and very abusive.  We have a 23 year old son.  Praise the Lord, he has never been physically abusive to my son or his daughter.  He is verbally abusive though to both of them.  We have raised our son together, since he was 2 1/2.  We divorced when he was 5.  Most likely I wouldn't be alive writing this, if it wasn't for my divorce.  I came to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ in spite of my divorce.  Praise the Lord Jesus Christ!  On the other hand, my ex husband turned away from knowing God.  He isn't saved.  My son is a Prodical right now.  We did the best job we could raising him, and tried very hard to put our differences aside to help my son and his daughter, as well.  To this day, people are amazed that we were able to raise our son effectively like this.  

If your husband wants a divorce and there is nothing to save your marriage, then I will tell you that it gets so much better.  No, it isn't God's perfect plan, but it can be done.  First, I will pray for reconciliation for both of you, but if that doesn't happen, I will pray that you get a good job, and that your daughter is placed in a good school.  My son went from Montessori School  (Pre-K through 2nd grade) to public school and on to state college.  While public schooling was not ideal for me, he is a very independent and responsible young man.  One time, when he was little, he asked me to home school him.  I said, "Honey we wouldn't be able to eat, if I did that."  I cried that night.  I taught school for 18 years, 16 of those in an inner city school system.  The Lord blessed me with an early retirement due to a medical disability.  I have been married to a godly man since 2000.  He has helped raise my son. 

If you need any to talk, you may contact me via private message.  I have experience in Christian counseling, as I have counseled women from all walks of life.  I was in charge of the homeless ministry at my former church for 4 years.  Again, I will keep you in prayer.  God speed to all of you:)

• Members

I want to thank everyone for their prayers and kind words of encouragement. God has really been working to give me peace. I'm surprisingly strong and positive which I wasn't just 24 hours ago. My husband is set on getting a divorce and being with his new girlfriend so there's no hope of reconciliation now. Ironically enough, this girlfriend is an atheist who he was witnessing to probably just 9 months ago. It's just really weird to watch my husband go from faithful church attendance and soul winning to committing adultery and planning to live with his atheist girlfriend! I want to feel really angry but I just feel really sad for him. Some day he may be feeling terrible pain over all that he's lost but as of now, he is in a really dark place. He honestly looks like there is no life within him. It's very sad to watch especially knowing that he's a Christian and that it doesn't have to be this way. I appreciate all the prayers for all of us.

• Members

I want to thank everyone for their prayers and kind words of encouragement. God has really been working to give me peace. I'm surprisingly strong and positive which I wasn't just 24 hours ago. My husband is set on getting a divorce and being with his new girlfriend so there's no hope of reconciliation now. Ironically enough, this girlfriend is an atheist who he was witnessing to probably just 9 months ago. It's just really weird to watch my husband go from faithful church attendance and soul winning to committing adultery and planning to live with his atheist girlfriend! I want to feel really angry but I just feel really sad for him. Some day he may be feeling terrible pain over all that he's lost but as of now, he is in a really dark place. He honestly looks like there is no life within him. It's very sad to watch especially knowing that he's a Christian and that it doesn't have to be this way. I appreciate all the prayers for all of us.

Someday he will repent, and be single again. He will see you with a new Christian man and wonder around the world in pain.

Archived