• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Would All New People On Ob Please Introduce...

candlelight

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It was meant as a general observation and aimed at nobody specifically.  Do not take offense.  

Hello!  Just thought I would drop in and introduce myself here.  I joined Online Baptist a few years ago, but have not been active for a couple of years.  I just re-joined recently.  

God bless you all and have a blessed 2014!  And for the readers in the United States, I hope you are all staying warm up in those northern States!  

It's 52 degrees where I live right now at @5:00 am. Keep your snow over there :)

• Members

Hello!  Just thought I would drop in and introduce myself here.  I joined Online Baptist a few years ago, but have not been active for a couple of years.  I just re-joined recently.  

God bless you all and have a blessed 2014!  And for the readers in the United States, I hope you are all staying warm up in those northern States!  

Miss Linda, My ancestors are from Dublin and County Mayo, Ireland.  The others are from Germany and Scotland.

• Members

​That is offensive. :nuts:

We had a nasty snow storm about a month ago and it just happened as I was about a few hours from leaving Jerusalem to go back home. I got stuck for a day. We never get snow like that here. The children were loving the "treasures of the snow" (Job 38:22), but I hope it doesn't come back for a while.

• Members

We had a nasty snow storm about a month ago and it just happened as I was about a few hours from leaving Jerusalem to go back home. I got stuck for a day. We never get snow like that here. The children were loving the "treasures of the snow" (Job 38:22), but I hope it doesn't come back for a while.

We had snow here a couple of years ago.  I believe it was three or four inches.  It was quite an event!!!  What a delight to walk on it and hear it crunch under foot.  We so rarely get snow here.  I took a long walk along the walking trail in my neighborhood and shook all the snow accumulation off the crepe myrtle trees that line the path.  These are lovely flowering trees but they have slender, fragile branches and some of the snow had bent the branches down quite a bit.  That was such a lovely day.  Families were out building snowmen and the neighbor's dogs were running around having a grand time.  Of course, it warmed up to the mid-50s within 24 hours of that snowfall and it just melted all away--but it was quite lovely while it lasted!  

• Members

That was my reason for opening up this thread, Dr. Ach.

Besides, there is another poster, who is negatively ranting about Dr. David Cloud.  I would like to know his story, as well.

AMEN Candlelight!  I haven't been up here much in a good long while, but a couple bad apples are kinda spoiling it for me.  I know they shouldn't, but they are.  Looking more like the ol' Triple F than true IFBs, but that's only from observations in recent days.  What's happened!

• Members

December 16, 2013... 19 inches of snow in the Holy City.

• Members

AMEN Candlelight!  I haven't been up here much in a good long while, but a couple bad apples are kinda spoiling it for me.  I know they shouldn't, but they are.  Looking more like the ol' Triple F than true IFBs, but that's only from observations in recent days.  What's happened!

Don't let those bad apples spoil it for you, OFIBP.  There are "bad apples" all over the world in every Christian denomination.  Such is life.

Archived