• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Operation 513: "Mary Appeared to Us!"

• Members

Saturday, 4 October 2008

Once again I was blessed with the privilege of being able to head out to the Queen Street Mall to tell people about the good news that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners. Tonight, I was expecting a smaller team, but, even though the numbers may have been few we could still reach out to those who are dead in sin.

We followed the usual pattern of things, prayer, bible reading and then some fellowship before the outreach. It was good to have Peter rejoin us after he had been away on holidays for a couple of weeks. While we were having a time of fellowship we spotted a sign in the bus shelter that was advertising some breath mints with the slogan ?Sins, why stop at seven?? This is really saddening to see that our culture is prepared to live in open rebellion towards their Creator, but what is even worse is that many Christians do not do anything about it. As Christians we have the words of eternal life, not only does the gospel of Jesus Christ save people from hell and the wrath of God, but it also transforms a society. Many Christians will whinge and complain about the fact that society is going downhill fast, yet many of those same Christians will never do anything about it. If you want to see society changed, if you want to see people saved, then be obedient to the Scripture and go into all the world and preach the gospel.

Tonight was also a sad night, as I found out that our Jewish friend who has been coming for the last six weeks to listen was moving up to Northern Queensland, so there will be no more discussions over Jesus being the Messiah. Please pray for this man has he has heard the gospel many times. Pray that God will grant Him repentance and lead him to the knowledge of the truth.

Ralph was the first preacher up for the night, and nearly immediately a man named Wayne began to heckle. Now Wayne was a ?backslider? he grew up in the church, and even asked Jesus into his heart. The problem is that now he is an agnostic, and he clearly hates the gospel of Jesus Christ. While Ralph was reasoning with him, two people from the crowd decided to jump into the discussion and try to prove the truth of Christianity. The problem was, that they were using arguments like these, ?We know Christianity is real, as the blessed virgin appeared in South America and told us!? This was a first time I have actually heard Roman Catholics come to the debate and try to prove the case from the demonic apparitions.

Ralph tagged me in, and my first job was to wrestle control of the discussion away from what the Roman Catholics were preaching, and bring it back to the Biblical gospel. So I directed a question towards the spokesmen of the Catholics, and asked him how to get to heaven. His reply was ?By grace through faith, and good works!? Now, for starters it isn?t grace when works are involved, so I asked him ?What if the Bible said, works cannot save, what would you do?? Then I proceeded to read out Ephesians 2:8-9.

At this Wayne jumped in and started to argue, that one is only a Christian because they are born in a Christian country. So I went through an apologetic about how people from many non-Christian countries become Christians, and how I was born in this nation, but wasn?t a Christian.

There were many opportunities to preach the gospel, as I spoke and engaged with Wayne the crowd grew. Every now and then Alex the agnostic would jump in and say something, but as per usual it was most irrational, and faulty logic on display. It appears that Alex each week only comes out to suppress the truth in unrighteousness. Realistically he only argues each week so that he can hopefully appease his conscience and continue to live in a life of sin.

The preaching went for about 90 minutes, and in that time we got to cover a range of topics from homosexuality, right through to evolution and post-modern thought. During the preaching a young English man from the West Midlands, stopped and yelled ?I heard you down the Gold Coast? then proceeded to yell abuse about how he hates Christianity.

A few more Englishmen began to yell out as well, one from London, and another guy from West Midlands began to join in. The first Englishman, then decided to get a cup full of lemonade (or at least I hope it was lemonade), and run up from behind then pour it all over my head while preaching. The other two Englishmen didn?t do anything like that, except they did argue post-modernism.

Once again this presented an opportunity for the gospel to go out, and many people got to hear of Salvation in Jesus Christ.

The night finished with Andre preaching the gospel, and expounding once again how we can be forgiven of sins.

Soli Deo Gloria!

Full report with pictures: http://www.operation513.com

While there why don?t you sign up for our newsletter, it is an easy way for you to stay in loop in regards to what God is doing through Operation 513 worldwide!

Also check out the latest Operation 513 - "The Appointed Time" broadcast: http://www.operation513.com/theappointedtime.php

Want tracts at a low price? Check out: http://www.operation513.com/shop

Thanks, Willo for the update.

So I directed a question towards the spokesmen of the Catholics, and asked him how to get to heaven. His reply was ?By grace through faith, and good works!? Now, for starters it isn?t grace when works are involved, so I asked him ?What if the Bible said, works cannot save, what would you do?? Then I proceeded to read out Ephesians 2:8-9.

Yes. This is RCC doctrine. That "faith" is also the "faith" of the RCC...not the Holy Bible. :sad I have lived and have been saved to tell about it. Praise the Lord Jesus Christ! :amen:

This whole "Mary" thing is very disturbing. Even when I was an RCC member...born into the RCC, I didn't get it. Praise God! :clap: It is viewed by many RCC members (not all) that Mary is the comforting mother, and doesn't judge the way that God does. Jesus is her son...and is NOT God...in the RCC. The view of the Trinity is VERY loosely woven into the RCC. They tell you that they are one in the same...but, then they talk about how they are NOT...at the same time. :uuhm: The majority of RCC members can't tell you the role of each member. For example...the Holy Spirit is the comforter. No...to them, Mary is. :sad We know where all that comes from in the OT.

This all starts with the KJVO. The Pope of the RCC just announced the other night on TV that he is promoting the NIV. Well...the NIV is the RCC. The "deity" of the Lord Jesus Christ has been removed from the NIV Bible 100 times in the NIV. Look into it, please...if you haven't already. :thumb Below is my Life Verse in the KJV 1611 AV...and in the NIV. Notice the change of that one scripture. It completely deviates from the context of the whole verse. IMHO.

Romans 1:16...For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. KJV 1611 AV.

Compared To:

Romans 1:16...I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. NIV.

Am I a KJVO extremist? I guess so. :thumb My KJVO Bible does not match up with the "New Age Versions" or "Modern Versions" of today. Unless...one were to go back prior to the KJVO, and read and study the Bibles prior to that time...all other Bibles to me are watered-down. I want the real deal, NOT something that is counterfeit. :smile

God bless your ministry and the RCC people of the world. :bible: :pray They are my lost family and friends. :sad

Could you share with me which modern Bible versions teach salvation by works or in Mary?

Rut-Roh. :lol Can I call my hubby at work? I am not sure that it is the "modern Bible versions" or the the doctrine itself...in the RCC. This is a great question! Of course...it would have to be trc, challenging this. :Green Actually, this is brilliant, trc. I was hoping and praying for a discussion on here, but I didn't know that it would be as challenging as this one.

HELP OB members...I don't want to drown. H-E-L-L-O...out there? :wave:

Okay. This is what I know off of the top of my head. The "Catechism" or doctrine of the Catholic Church...is contained within the NIV scriptures. Below I have included 2 websites. I will look for more information, if anyone is interested. Keep in mind...that NIV stands for New International Version...and, we know for fact, that the RCC is "International." They will be the biggest key player in the Tribulation. The Revised Roman Empire and the False Prophet. Hmmm?

CATECHISM OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH 1992.

http://www.christusrex.org/www1/CDHN/ccc.html

ALSO:

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/_INDEX.HTM-39k-

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

[quote]We know Christianity is real, as the blessed virgin appeared in South America and told us!? This was a first time I have actually heard Roman Catholics come to the debate and try to prove the case from the demonic apparitions.[/quote]

I was just picturing a demonic Mary with red eyes and fangs. :uuhm: