• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Just Having A Bud With A Friend?

• Members

Matt 5

27  Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:

28  But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

1Jn 3:15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.

Can a saved man sin or not?

These passages say that hatred towards a brother is the same as murder, and lusting is the same as the act of adultery.

I don't know if you are intending it, but it appears that you are promoting the false doctrine of sinless perfection.

1 John 1

8  If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

9  If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

10  If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

John makes it plain that there is a difference between one who sins and one who dwells in sin, but he plainly says saints can and do sin.

• Members

You may not like my approach with dealing with SFIC, Linda.  However, it is better than the way your husband treats people with his unkind, self-righteous, angry, and bitter remarks to Christians on OB.  He is judgmental and not acting in accordance to scripture.

SFIC, yesterday you said:

Posted Yesterday, 12:44 AM

The Bible says they are going to hell if they are drunkards.

Just one drink begins its deception... one little sip.

Go ahead and defend your stance. I'll keep preaching the truth.

Really?  "one little sip" sends a person to hell?  What say ye about Proverbs 31:6-7?

"Give strong drink unto him that is ready to perish, and wine unto those that be of heavy hearts. 7 Let him drink, and forget his poverty, and remember his misery no more." ~ Proverbs 31:6-7

What about those dying people, SFIC?  Did God send them to hell?

• Members

Matt 5

27  Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:

28  But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

1Jn 3:15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.

Can a saved man sin or not?

These passages say that hatred towards a brother is the same as murder, and lusting is the same as the act of adultery.

I don't know if you are intending it, but it appears that you are promoting the false doctrine of sinless perfection.

1 John 1

8  If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

9  If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

10  If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

John makes it plain that there is a difference between one who sins and one who dwells in sin, but he plainly says saints can and do sin.

That is exaclty what SFIC is doing, DaveW.  I noticed it right away when I returned to OB.  He denied it.  He is acting like a Pentacostal not an IFB.

Archived