• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Why ?

• Members

All of Al Gores followers are worshipers of their mother nature ' But Father God is in control.

2 Peter 3:3-7  Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,4 And saying ,were is the promise of His coming ? for since the fathers fell asleep,all things continue as they were of old from the beginning of creation,5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: 6 Whereby the world that then was , being overflowed with water, perished.7 But the the heavens and the earth , which are now , by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgement and perdition of ungodly men. ( Peter  warns that in the'' last days'' of the Church age scoffers /mockers will ridicule the promise of Christ second coming . he further states that arguments based on supposedly unchanging processes since creation fail to recall of the severity of the flood of water upon the the earth. just as God once destroyed the world by water. so it is now'' reserved unto fire'' until the day of judgement we can see a description of these fiery Judgments in Revelation 17-19,          

2 Peter 3:10-13  But the day of the lord will come as a thief in the night; in which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also, and the works that are therein shall be burned up. 11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness.12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat ? 13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness. 

''The day of the lord'' refers to the return of Christ in judgement , not the rapture since this day results in the final apocalyptic judgement . the heavens that shall pass away with a great noise '' refer to the atmospheric heavens, ''the elements shall melt with fervent heat'' certainly could refer to nuclear holocaust . But Peter urges his readers to look beyond this present world to the New Heavens and the New Earth characterized by Righteousness.

(Looking back to) Peter 3: 9 The lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is long-suffering to us-ward , Not willing that any should perish , but that all should come to repentance.( salvation is equated here with repentance) 

God is not willing that any should perish , clearly expresses His desire for the salvation of all who will trust Him. this is our task at hand , reaching out to the lost of this world , witnessing to the lost soul every chance that we get, so that any should not perish.

for this is Gods will.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

God created science but man has perverted it and we see that happening today with many scientist backed a corrupt and wicked government,so who do we believe the God of the holy bible or scientist whom believe in mother nature, 

Matthew 8:23  And when he was entered into the ship , his disciples followed him, and, behold , there arose a great tempest in the sea, inasmuch that the ship was covered with the waves : but he was asleep, And his disciples came to him, and awoke him, saying lord,save us we perish: And he said unto them why are ye fearful O ye of little faith? then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea ; and there was a great calm. But the men marveled saying what manner of man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey him.

This is all that I need and my faith '' God is in Control 

the whole bible covers weather/climate events controlled by God,  

• Members

God created science but man has perverted it and we see that happening today with many scientist backed a corrupt and wicked government,so who do we believe the God of the holy bible or scientist whom believe in mother nature, 

Matthew 8:23  And when he was entered into the ship , his disciples followed him, and, behold , there arose a great tempest in the sea, inasmuch that the ship was covered with the waves : but he was asleep, And his disciples came to him, and awoke him, saying lord,save us we perish: And he said unto them why are ye fearful O ye of little faith? then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea ; and there was a great calm. But the men marveled saying what manner of man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey him.

This is all that I need and my faith '' God is in Control 

the whole bible covers weather/climate events controlled by God,  

EKSmith,

God's tolerance of man's rejection is about to run out!

2 Peter 3:9-10

9The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

Did you feel those earth quakes?

• Moderators

Earthquakes are nothing new. There have been times of far more and far worse earthquakes.

Every tremble in the earth, every snowflake falling, every heat wave, every news report out of Syria, is not a prophetic sign.

Well, I did a study of the quakes and found that, since the beginning of the 20th century, quakes were much more frequent than before. granted, the ability to detect them has gotten better, but I'm primarily speaking of notable quakes, not little 3.0 tremors.

I also found that, since 2001, they increased dramatically. I don't have the numbers in front of me, but it was a pretty steep increase. I'll try to find the numbers when I get home so I can back this up.

Granted, earthquakes are not specifically a sign of the end, but they are a sign that it is getting closer, especially as they increase so much. I have often wondered if one of the judgments during the tribulation, specifically the burning mountain falling into the sea, (Rev 8:8), may not signify not just a huge volcanic explosion, but perhaps a setting off of the entire ring of fire. Imagine if all the volcanoes in the ring of fire were set off in a domino effect by some event, (like the hand of God?). Imagine the devistation-a third part of the sea becoming blood? I could see it. I live near part of the ring of fire, Mount Lassen-my whole area is made up of a mountain range of lava.

Obviously I don't say this as my believing it to be doctrine, but it would sure do the trick.

• Members

Well, I did a study of the quakes and found that, since the beginning of the 20th century, quakes were much more frequent than before. granted, the ability to detect them has gotten better, but I'm primarily speaking of notable quakes, not little 3.0 tremors.

I also found that, since 2001, they increased dramatically. I don't have the numbers in front of me, but it was a pretty steep increase. I'll try to find the numbers when I get home so I can back this up.

Granted, earthquakes are not specifically a sign of the end, but they are a sign that it is getting closer, especially as they increase so much. I have often wondered if one of the judgments during the tribulation, specifically the burning mountain falling into the sea, (Rev 8:8), may not signify not just a huge volcanic explosion, but perhaps a setting off of the entire ring of fire. Imagine if all the volcanoes in the ring of fire were set off in a domino effect by some event, (like the hand of God?). Imagine the devistation-a third part of the sea becoming blood? I could see it. I live near part of the ring of fire, Mount Lassen-my whole area is made up of a mountain range of lava.

Obviously I don't say this as my believing it to be doctrine, but it would sure do the trick.

Mike I think the mountain burning with fire is an asteroid because it speeds up the rotation of the earth so that a day is 16 hours and the earth reels back and forth. I believe it will strike the Atlantic Ocean because it destroys the ships of Tarshish.

Revelation 8-9

8 And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood;

9 And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died; and the third part of the ships were destroyed.

Isaiah 24:19-21

19 The earth is utterly broken down, the earth is clean dissolved, the earth is moved exceedingly.

20The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage; and the transgression thereof shall be heavy upon it; and it shall fall, and not rise again.

21 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the LORD shall punish the host of the high ones that are on high, and the kings of the earth upon the earth.

Revelation 8:12

12 And the fourth angel sounded, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars; so as the third part of them was darkened, and the day shone not for a third part of it, and the night likewise.

Isaiah 2:16

12 For the day of the LORD of hosts shall be upon every one that is proud and lofty, and upon every one that is lifted up; and he shall be brought low:

13 And upon all the cedars of Lebanon, that are high and lifted up, and upon all the oaks of Bashan,

14 And upon all the high mountains, and upon all the hills that are lifted up,

15 And upon every high tower, and upon every fenced wall,

16 And upon all the ships of Tarshish, and upon all pleasant pictures.

• Moderators

Mike I think the mountain burning with fire is an asteroid because it speeds up the rotation of the earth so that a day is 16 hours and the earth reels back and forth. I believe it will strike the Atlantic Ocean because it destroys the ships of Tarshish.

Revelation 8-9

8 And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood;

9 And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died; and the third part of the ships were destroyed.

Isaiah 24:19-21

19 The earth is utterly broken down, the earth is clean dissolved, the earth is moved exceedingly.

20The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage; and the transgression thereof shall be heavy upon it; and it shall fall, and not rise again.

21 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the LORD shall punish the host of the high ones that are on high, and the kings of the earth upon the earth.

Revelation 8:12

12 And the fourth angel sounded, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars; so as the third part of them was darkened, and the day shone not for a third part of it, and the night likewise.

Isaiah 2:16

12 For the day of the LORD of hosts shall be upon every one that is proud and lofty, and upon every one that is lifted up; and he shall be brought low:

13 And upon all the cedars of Lebanon, that are high and lifted up, and upon all the oaks of Bashan,

14 And upon all the high mountains, and upon all the hills that are lifted up,

15 And upon every high tower, and upon every fenced wall,

16 And upon all the ships of Tarshish, and upon all pleasant pictures.

No, that would be associated with the star, Wormwood falling from heaven-there's your asteroid that will cause the wobble and shortened days, (though I'm not sure I agree with that part, but not gonna argue it right now). So unless we have an asteroid called a burning mountain and an asteroid called a star falling from heaven, follwing directly afterward, I'd say its a volcano/s followed by an meteor./asteroid/star

• Members

I agree with you Eric , Gods tolerance of mans rejection is about to run out, but Christians need to continue sharing the gospel with  the lost until the day the lord will rapture his church.

1st Thessalonians 5:2  For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

The Day of the Lord is an all-encompassing term to describe the period that begins the great tribulation , an includes the second coming of Christ and the Millenial Kingdom ,being this known we should even be more willing to share the Gospel to the lost so any should not perish.

• Members

I agree with you Eric , Gods tolerance of mans rejection is about to run out, but Christians need to continue sharing the gospel with  the lost until the day the lord will rapture his church.

1st Thessalonians 5:2  For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

The Day of the Lord is an all-encompassing term to describe the period that begins the great tribulation , an includes the second coming of Christ and the Millenial Kingdom ,being this known we should even be more willing to share the Gospel to the lost so any should not perish.

EKSmith,

Peter agrees.

2 Peter 3:10-14

10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

14Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.

• Members

"And E'-noch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints, 15  To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him." ~ Jude 14-15 

• Members

"And E'-noch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints, 15  To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him." ~ Jude 14-15 

Psalm 149:4-9

4 For the LORD taketh pleasure in his people: he will beautify the meek with salvation.

5 Let the saints be joyful in glory: let them sing aloud upon their beds.

6 Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, and a two-edged sword in their hand;

7 To execute vengeance upon the heathen, and punishments upon the people;

8 To bind their kings with chains, and their nobles with fetters of iron;

9 To execute upon them the judgment written: this honour have all his saints. Praise ye the LORD.

We all will be the saints with the two edged swords that have the honour of killing the heathen army of antichrist.

• Members

Amen, Eric!  There are so many verses in the KJV that explain what people refer to as the "Rapture."  Just because the word does not appear in the Bible, doesn't mean we won't be "caught up" in the air with the Lord Jesus Christ, just prior to the Tribulation Period.  The whole pre-trib, mid-trib, post-trib, etc are man made.  That is what confuses people.  There is only one time when the saints of God, will go up in the "twinkling of an eye" with Christ.  The KJV is a literal book and should be read and studied as such.  The words that describe the "catching away" of believers are clearly stated in many scriptures of the KJV.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Amen, Eric!  There are so many verses in the KJV that explain what people refer to as the "Rapture."  Just because the word does not appear in the Bible, doesn't mean we won't be "caught up" in the air with the Lord Jesus Christ, just prior to the Tribulation Period.  The whole pre-trib, mid-trib, post-trib, etc are man made.  That is what confuses people.  There is only one time when the saints of God, will go up in the "twinkling of an eye" with Christ.  The KJV is a literal book and should be read and studied as such.  The words that describe the "catching away" of believers are clearly stated in many scriptures of the KJV.

Luke 21:34-36

34 And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.

35 For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.

36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

Yes a pre tribulation rapture will escape all the judgment!

• Members

Luke 21:34-36
34 And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.
35 For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.
36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

Yes a pre tribulation rapture will escape all the judgment!

Tribulation doesn't equal judgement.

This one misdefined term causes more trouble!

Jn 16:33
33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation:but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Anishinaabe

Archived