• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Who Will Turn Gay First Florida Or Texas

The Glory Land

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Mr. Mojo Rison,

All these sins that you mentioned, will not bring our Country to it's knees. The gay moment will.

If I may ask, are you one of those Baptist that believe there is no need for soul winning, because those that are chosen are already called to salvation?

Matthew 28:18: And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. [19] Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: [20] Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Note: Edited by mods for KJV content. Please use only KJV when quoting Scripture on this board, as per Board rules.

• Members

What has God called us to do, what is the only means of bringing about truly positive change, how are hearts turned to righteousness and away from wickedness?

Is it doing nothing when we actually believe and trust God so we spend much time in sincere prayer before Him? Do we not believe the God we pray to can do what we ask? Do we believe our God won't hold true to His Word?

Does not only the Bible, but also our own history clearly show the power of the Gospel to not only change individuals, but entire societies and nations? Is our God's hand now shortened so there is no power in spreading the Gospel? Does making disciples no longer bring about even greater change?

Does God only work in certain nations or at certain times or when men have established certain laws? Did not Christianity grow, multiply and "turn the world upside down" right in the midst of the pagan Roman Empire among those worshiping false gods, engaging in and embracing homosexuality and others sexual perversions, where abortion and infanticide was acceptable and wickedness was rampant?

God calls us to obey Him and trust Him with the outcome.

Is God defeated because a State makes homosexual "marriage" legal? Not at all! If we believe the Word we should recognize that such is part of this fallen world and that wickedness will abound until the Lord returns to put an end to it.

In the meantime, He calls His people to engage in spiritual warfare, grow in Christ, spread the Gospel, make disciples, draw close to the Lord in prayer. If we do as He commands, we can trust that whatever happens, He is in control and His will shall be done.

^^This  +10

• Members

He also said, arise and go, destroy those wicked people. I'm not saying this to the gays.

Matthew 5:43: Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
[44] But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; [45] That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. [46] For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? [47] And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so? [48] Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Note: Edited by mods for KJV content.

• Members

I am of the New, but I also believe in the Old. These two the Old and New are = for me.

You can't be under both Covenants. That was one of the problems in the early church, especially with the Judiaizers who thought to be a true Christian one had to abide by the laws of the Old Covenant.

The Old Covenant was fulfilled by Christ who established the New Covenant which we are to live in accord with.

The OT gives us great historical information, points to Christ, informs us the OT is temporary, shows the soveriegnty of God, makes it clear that man can't save himself, that even an entire nation of people can't save themselves, teaches us that man's ways never work, etc.

The Christian is under the New Covenant, not the Old Covenant. No nation, and not the church, took the place of Israel.

We are commanded to live according to the New Covenant, which is a much higher calling than the Old, and which calls us to totally surrender ourselves to Christ. We are called to obey the Lord, as we are clearly commanded in the New Covenant, and trust God with the results.

God's ways are not our ways. Which is why we must surrender to Him and obey His ways in His strength and through His wisdom.

• Members

You can't be under both Covenants. That was one of the problems in the early church, especially with the Judiaizers who thought to be a true Christian one had to abide by the laws of the Old Covenant.

The Old Covenant was fulfilled by Christ who established the New Covenant which we are to live in accord with.

The OT gives us great historical information, points to Christ, informs us the OT is temporary, shows the soveriegnty of God, makes it clear that man can't save himself, that even an entire nation of people can't save themselves, teaches us that man's ways never work, etc.

The Christian is under the New Covenant, not the Old Covenant. No nation, and not the church, took the place of Israel.

We are commanded to live according to the New Covenant, which is a much higher calling than the Old, and which calls us to totally surrender ourselves to Christ. We are called to obey the Lord, as we are clearly commanded in the New Covenant, and trust God with the results.

God's ways are not our ways. Which is why we must surrender to Him and obey His ways in His strength and through His wisdom.

I agree, but the old points us to the new, if you have the old and the new, rightly devided, you have Gods complete Word.

• Members

Yes, one has God's complete Word but we are instructed to live in accord with the New.

Much of the OT shows us the reason the Old Covenant was temporary and God always planned to do away with the Old and establish the New. So indeed, the Old points us to the New, and in so doing directs us to leave the Old behind and walk in obedience to the New.

• Members

This "He also said, arise and go, destroy those wicked people. I'm not saying this to the gays." was brought up in the midst of the discussion which is mainly what I was trying to address.

Yes, God instructed ancient Israel to destroy "certain" wicked people (sometimes it's forgot that this extermination order was only for certain specific peoples, not everyone); and yes God instruced ancient Israel to put to death homosexuals, witches and such.

That was specific to ancient Israel. Christians have been commanded to love these (and all) wicked sinners and to share the Gospel with them. We are to love them and pray for them, not seek to destroy them.

There are many Christians, and they are by all means not only IFBs, who prefer to promote and advocate OT ways over our NT calling. In fact, many Christians in the "Religious Right", who are very politically active, push more for OT methods than NT (and we know most of the politically active Religious Right are not IFBs).

What people need is the Gospel of Jesus Christ and it's a real shame in this "Christian nation" that an ever growing percentage of the population has never heard the Gospel rightly proclaimed and they have a very distorted view of our God; if they have any real view of Him at all.

• Members

Yes, other than the family cult of Westboro Baptist, one doesn't hear much about truly radical (in the bad way) Baptists.

I have mentioned this before, but I will say it again.  I did a study on Westboro's church doctrine.  By the looks of it, they appeared to be Calvinists in their teachings.

• Members

The Westboro Baptists are a family cult holding to a mix of views, and it appears their choice of views is more for the purpose of confrontation and pot stirring than any actual biblically based beliefs.

Agreed, John!  It was a few years ago that I looked at their church doctrine.  I couldn't help but notice they looked like Calvinists.  Sadly, they are giving Baptists a bad name.  I wish they would take the word, "Baptist" and "church" off their sign.

• Members

The "pastor" is a cultist leader and probably most of their "doctrines" are put forth for reasons other than actual belief. They probably aren't any more actual "Calvinists" than they are actual Baptists or "Fundamentalists", or any sort of actual biblical Christian for that matter.

Yes, it would be better for us if they would drop the Baptist name, and it would be best if they didn't call themselves Christians at all.

Archived