• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The 144,000 Jewish Evangelists And The Great Harvest Of Souls In The Tribulation

beameup

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

candlelight,

The Five Phases of the First Resurrection

(2) The Holy Spirit and the church age saints are caught up to heaven before the antichrist Is given power in the Christian nations. 2Thessalonians 2:3-12 KJV,

I could question your biblical authority on all your points. But I will stick with this one.

On what biblical authority do you teach that the church, as I was taught or church age saints and the Holy Spirit are those that are remeoved in 2 Thess. 2?  (apart from that you have been taught it?.

• Members

Very good questions, Candlelight. There is no clear Scripture support for the doctrinal system of:

rapture of believers only;

leaving behind all the Jews & unbelievers;

7 years tribulation during which 144,000 Jewish evangelists convert the nations;

the future slaughter of 2/3 of the Jews;

a future millennium comprising glorified saints & mortals, the latter having families;

a further second coming of Christ to "tidy up" a very confused situation at the end of the future millennium;

etc.

These things are the development of the "dispensational interpretive system" popularised by the dissemination of the "Scofield "Bible"" in the last century.

There you go bringing in that teachings that's not found in the Bible. The moment I saw this topic I knew you would insert this stuff into this topic.

Yes, there will be a rapture, it will take place right before the Tribulations & Jesus will come as a thief in the air, & all the saved will be taken out of this world, & the lost will not be resurrected till right close to the end after facing Jesus at the 'Great White Throne Judgment' they will be tossed into the lake of fire forever.

• Members

Unfortunately, most Christians fail to see the "bigger picture" of God's plan for the ushering in of the Millennium... "Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done".

1. "Firstfruits" (approx 2,000 yrs)

2. Main Harvest (first 3 1/2 years)

3. "Gleanings" (remaining 3 1/2 yrs).

• Members

I could question your biblical authority on all your points. But I will stick with this one.

On what biblical authority do you teach that the church, as I was taught or church age saints and the Holy Spirit are those that are remeoved in 2 Thess. 2?  (apart from that you have been taught it?.

The Holy Spirit is He who letteth

John 16:7-8

7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

Matthew 5:13-14

13Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.

14Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. 15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. 16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

2 Thessalonians 2:4-8

4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?

6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.

7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

The Holy Spirit in the church or body of Christ is reproving or letting or restraining the spirit of antichrist.

The Comforter will never leave us nor forsake us so when he goes we go to heaven too.

• Members

Covenanter:

Very good questions, Candlelight. There is no clear Scripture support for the doctrinal system of:

rapture of believers only;

leaving behind all the Jews & unbelievers;

7 years tribulation during which 144,000 Jewish evangelists convert the nations;

the future slaughter of 2/3 of the Jews;

a future millennium comprising glorified saints & mortals, the latter having families;

a further second coming of Christ to "tidy up" a very confused situation at the end of the future millennium;

etc.

There you go bringing in that teachings that's not found in the Bible. The moment I saw this topic I knew you would insert this stuff into this topic.

Yes, there will be a rapture, it will take place right before the Tribulations & Jesus will come as a thief in the air, & all the saved will be taken out of this world, & the lost will not be resurrected till right close to the end after facing Jesus at the 'Great White Throne Judgment' they will be tossed into the lake of fire forever.

Thank you Jerry, for agreeing with me that those teachings are not found in the Bible. Why then do you list a mix of Biblical teachings & non-Biblical teachings?

• Members

Petra is speculation, and a distorted one at that. A Christian film crew went to Petra and while filming realized they had been totally misled as to the fortification aspects of Petra. While entering from the traditional way and looking from there it seems to be a rocked in fortress with limited access. However, as they proceeded to look around further, there is a "back way" which we don't see in those films claiming Petra is a safe haven. The "back way" is rather wide and offers much easier access than the way we typically see shown in films where they enter through the narrow direction.

That's not to say God couldn't hide someone there if He chose to. God could hide all of us on the plains of Kansas if that was His will. Yet from a practical aspect, the idea that two or more million Jews are going to crowd into that small area and no enemy will be able to find them or get to them, well...

Thanks for clarification, John.  "Petra" is just a name used for Jordon. 

From my understanding only 1/3 of the Jews will be saved in the Great Tribulation.  2/3 of Israel is destroyed.  This is what it says in the Book of Daniel.

• Members

I also shy away from designating Petra as the place where God will keep Israel safe; however, it could be a possibility considering where Petra is located.  The book of Daniel tells us that there are three specific areas that won't be under the Antichrist's control...

Daniel 11:41
He shall enter also into the glorious land, and many countries shall be overthrown: but these shall escape out of his hand, even Edom, and Moab, and the chief of the children of Ammon.

Those three comprise much of modern-day Jordan.

250px-Kingdoms_around_Israel_830_map.svg        

It's interesting to speculate; however, the Bible doesn't designate what mountains God will use to keep Israel safe...we can speculate, formulate, excogitate, postulate, ratiocinate, ruminate, deliberate, cogitate, contemplate, and any other "ate" words all day long...but when it comes down to it, we just don't know for sure.

• Members

Thank you, NN:)  I have learned that the Lord will hide them in modern day, Jordon... hence, why some people say, "Petra".  However, as you said, "we just don't know for sure."

Boy...I'm really slow! I just read your "Signature Line" for the first time...now I know why you go by "candlelight"!

• Members

Boy...I'm really slow! I just read your "Signature Line" for the first time...now I know why you go by "candlelight"!

Hehe:)  That's alright, brother.  ;)  I don't seek recognition when I post on OB.  The only thing I want to do is please my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.

• Members

Petra is said to be the place to which the Jerusalem Christians fled when the saw Jerusalem surrounded by armies during the Roman war. AD 66-70, in obedience to Christ's command.  Matt.14:15, Mark 13:15, Luke 21:20.

• Members

Thanks for clarification, John.  "Petra" is just a name used for Jordon. 

From my understanding only 1/3 of the Jews will be saved in the Great Tribulation.  2/3 of Israel is destroyed.  This is what it says in the Book of Daniel.

Zechariah 13:7-9

7 Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man that is my fellow, saith the LORD of hosts: smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn mine hand upon the little ones.

8And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the LORD, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein.

9And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The LORD is my God.

• Members

Zechariah 13:7-9

7 Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man that is my fellow, saith the LORD of hosts: smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn mine hand upon the little ones.

8And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the LORD, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein.

9And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The LORD is my God.

Thanks, Eric.  It is in Zechariah, as you pointed out, not Daniel.

• Members

Thank you Jerry, for agreeing with me that those teachings are not found in the Bible. Why then do you list a mix of Biblical teachings & non-Biblical teachings?

Thanks for misrepresenting what I stated, those who bring up teachings not found in the Bible just loves to do that.

Archived