• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Duck Dynasty Patriarch Suspended

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Did anyone happen to hear Bill O'Reilly's unbiblical, prideful rant on this?

I was checking the weather and news before going to bed and set the TV on Fox News while I got things ready. When I was ready for bed a replay of Bill's show was on and he was just starting to talk about the matter. He made a couple good points but then, even after quoting the Scripture Phil had cited, Bill went on to tell us that he knows the meaning of Scripture better than we do and he knows Jesus better than we do.

Bill declared that it's wrong for anyone to say that some people are damned and heading for hell and quoting Scripture to show that is wrong. According to Bill we are all sinners (he at least got that right!) but in his view that means we are all could possibly be heading for hell or we could all be going to heaven after God makes up His mind on the matter.

In all his "wisdom" Bill declares that it's impossible for anyone to know someone is heading for hell. This, of course, is unscriptural as the Bible is clear that all are condemned to hell unless they are biblically born again in Christ. Bill also said it's wrong for anyone claiming to follow Christ to pick out any particular sin and tell those involved in such they are wrong, in sin or going to hell or need to change.

After all this unbiblical rant this boastful, lost Catholic sinner (which this is in accord with Scripture regardless of Bill's 'enlightened' views) pronounced that nobody has done more to promote the cause of Christ and biblical values than himself! Wow!

Not that he would listen, but as I was hearing all this I was thinking of all the Scripture I could take him to which irrefutably disproves what he was saying and is in accord with what Phil had stated.

Almost forgot, he also said that Jesus never condemned sin, never talked bad about sinners, but went around having mercy on everyone. He said that since Jesus didn't condemn the woman caught in adultery that proved his point. Conveniently left out was Jesus telling the woman to "go and sin no more", and what that means.

• Members

Did anyone happen to hear Bill O'Reilly's unbiblical, prideful rant on this?

I was checking the weather and news before going to bed and set the TV on Fox News while I got things ready. When I was ready for bed a replay of Bill's show was on and he was just starting to talk about the matter. He made a couple good points but then, even after quoting the Scripture Phil had cited, Bill went on to tell us that he knows the meaning of Scripture better than we do and he knows Jesus better than we do.

Bill declared that it's wrong for anyone to say that some people are damned and heading for hell and quoting Scripture to show that is wrong. According to Bill we are all sinners (he at least got that right!) but in his view that means we are all could possibly be heading for hell or we could all be going to heaven after God makes up His mind on the matter.

In all his "wisdom" Bill declares that it's impossible for anyone to know someone is heading for hell. This, of course, is unscriptural as the Bible is clear that all are condemned to hell unless they are biblically born again in Christ. Bill also said it's wrong for anyone claiming to follow Christ to pick out any particular sin and tell those involved in such they are wrong, in sin or going to hell or need to change.

After all this unbiblical rant this boastful, lost Catholic sinner (which this is in accord with Scripture regardless of Bill's 'enlightened' views) pronounced that nobody has done more to promote the cause of Christ and biblical values than himself! Wow!

Not that he would listen, but as I was hearing all this I was thinking of all the Scripture I could take him to which irrefutably disproves what he was saying and is in accord with what Phil had stated.

Almost forgot, he also said that Jesus never condemned sin, never talked bad about sinners, but went around having mercy on everyone. He said that since Jesus didn't condemn the woman caught in adultery that proved his point. Conveniently left out was Jesus telling the woman to "go and sin no more", and what that means.

My husband likes to watch Bill O'Reilly.  WOW, is right, John!  His comment is prideful and only states, O'Reilly is in need of the Saviour of the Universe, Jesus Christ.  His comments aren't really from the RCC, either.  They are all over the map.  It shows a mesh of false doctrines.  Although, under Pope Francis, the RCC is "a mess of false doctrines."  The Emergent Church is on it's way.

Off Topic:  Has anyone read O'Reilly's book, "Killing Jesus?"  

• Members

Bill seems to think of himself as above all others, including the teachings of his own church, since he views himself as so wise and knowing. The Catholic Jesus isn't the "love everybody, accept almost everyone into heaven" Jesus which Bill proclaims either. According to Catholic teaching, one of the reasons they pray to Mary is because Jesus is so angry He wants to wipe us all out so we need to pray to Mary to keep Him calm. Both Bill and the RCC are wrong.

Yes, the new pope is a mess and yet millions of Christians are saying how wonderful he is. Yet this same pope has said the church stands on its teachings regarding homosexuality, but then says he won't judge, condemn or say anything negative about homosexuals. A very mixed message and one that opens the door for the RCC to eventually grant acceptance and approval of open homosexuality.

I've not read the book. I have read some excerpts and heard Bill talking about the book and he presents an unbiblical Jesus. Bill even took to task a Christian who pointed out straight from the Bible what is said regarding Jesus and Bill said that part is myth and his own understanding of Jesus is better than those who think the whole Bible is true.

I watched Bill some years ago, before his head got so big, but these days the only time I see any of him is if he happens to be on when I flip through the channels or check to see if there is any "breaking news".

• Members

Bill seems to think of himself as above all others, including the teachings of his own church, since he views himself as so wise and knowing. The Catholic Jesus isn't the "love everybody, accept almost everyone into heaven" Jesus which Bill proclaims either. According to Catholic teaching, one of the reasons they pray to Mary is because Jesus is so angry He wants to wipe us all out so we need to pray to Mary to keep Him calm. Both Bill and the RCC are wrong.

Yes, the new pope is a mess and yet millions of Christians are saying how wonderful he is. Yet this same pope has said the church stands on its teachings regarding homosexuality, but then says he won't judge, condemn or say anything negative about homosexuals. A very mixed message and one that opens the door for the RCC to eventually grant acceptance and approval of open homosexuality.

I've not read the book. I have read some excerpts and heard Bill talking about the book and he presents an unbiblical Jesus. Bill even took to task a Christian who pointed out straight from the Bible what is said regarding Jesus and Bill said that part is myth and his own understanding of Jesus is better than those who think the whole Bible is true.

I watched Bill some years ago, before his head got so big, but these days the only time I see any of him is if he happens to be on when I flip through the channels or check to see if there is any "breaking news".

O'Reilly's pride is what keeps me from watching his show, John.  I agree with you about Mary.  Mary is so loving, and the RCC places their trust in her, above Jesus, b/c she is more forgiving than Jesus.

Agreed about the new pope.  However, most of  those older Catholics, born in Vatican I, are unhappy with Francis.  Yet, they will keep quiet for fear of bringing shame to the "Mother Church."  Sadly, the RCC is open to anything.  Even Atheists get a ticket into Heaven, under this pope.  :puzzled3:   Not to mention he embraced Islam.  I believe he did that b/c he knows full well that it was the Vatican that created Islam.

That's what I thought about his book.  It is a dangerous read.

Agreed about O'Reilly, too.  My hubby loves to see him take down liberals.  :nuts:

• Members

One of them is partnered with some vineyard/winemaker and is now selling his own brand "Duck Commander" wines. That's in addition to them choosing to look worse than hippies with long hair. I doubt they would have as much popularity if they looked more like Christian men should look.  I don't watch 'duck dynasty' and don't care to. But I do agree with "Phil's" speaking out against sodomy....whichever one Phil is.

• Members

No doubt the Robertson's are not role models for walking in Christ. It is good that some folks who might not otherwise be, are able to hear some biblical messages from some of them at times and I'm thankful for that and know God will use that for His purposes.

From what little I've read of it, the Robertson's seem to be in agreement with those millions of other professing Christians who believe alcohol in moderation is okay. That's not a message I would endorse. Shortly after Willie (if I recall correctly, it was Willie that agreed to the wine venture) put their DD brand on some wine, a Christian event he was to speak at cancelled having him as a speaker. As they rightly stated, they teach folks to abstain from drugs and alcohol and I think had a ministry which helps those involved in such to free themselves through Christ, so they didn't believe it would send a consistent message to have someone who sells wine speak at their event.

• Members

I have read the entire GQ article in which Phil spoke out against the sodomite lifestyle.  He said nothing wrong.

The entire article is on the GQ website for all to read (covers three pages online)

Warning for all who might surf on over to the site:  The article has some pretty strong curse words in it (none by Phil or any of his family members.

• Members

Excuse me, his head was way to big back in the days he was working for Inside Edition. There's been no change in the man.

After Inside Edition I lost tack of him until we got a satellite, it did not take me long to find that Bill had not changed.

• Members

I feel about the same way.

And of course if they believe the teachings of the coC, they are not saved, they are still lost in their sins. There's only one way a person can be saved, & its only by grce though faith in Jesus, not of self, not of works, & the coC teaches works based salvation.

After hearing about this the wife & I talked about it. My first thought was, will his boys keep doing the show.

We know they are money hungry because of the wine deal.

With that said many profession Christian have gone crazy over them, & support their every way. Perhaps many of them thinks the fame & or money will rub off on them.

I agree.

This movement is based on a violation of rights....Christ owns us with His blood. It is all about HIM and not our rights. Christ already won the victory and we stand with Him in victory. If as much emphasis is placed on giving the gospel as following a man, a TV show and a worldly network there would by many new Christians to give the gospel to those who have made choices in their lifestyle against God's commands.

• Members

Something that has been puzzling me...

Aren't these shows pre recorded? And don't they edit out all the "bloopers" and anything else they don't want in the finished tape?  So, why didn't "A&E" edit this out before it aired? Do they watch these tapes before they air? The way i see it, something just doesn't add up.

• Members

Something that has been puzzling me...
Aren't these shows pre recorded? And don't they edit out all the "bloopers" and anything else they don't want in the finished tape?  So, why didn't "A&E" edit this out before it aired? Do they watch these tapes before they air? The way i see it, something just doesn't add up.

it was not a Dynasty episode. It was a Gq article. The interviewer visited the Robertson's for the interview.

Archived