• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Duck Dynasty Patriarch Suspended

• Members

After an interview with GQ magazine, Phil Robertson, the Duck Dynasty patriarch was suspended indefinitely from the popular television show that has millions of viewers worldwide.

Phil Robertson commented to the GQ interviewer that homosexual behavior was just not logical.  This could not be tolerated by A&E Network, a strong supporter of the LGBT community. 

I have a feeling the Duck Dynasty show will be going downhill pretty fast.  Learning that they support sodomy, I can no longer support them by promoting any shows they air.

Read of Phil's suspension here.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I tried to post this and Phil's reply to the matter but I can't post copy/paste on OB for some reason.

There is no tolerance from the "tolerance" crowd when it comes to anything they disagree with, and that goes a hundredfold when what they disagree with is biblical.

A&E just couldn't wait to announce they don't agree with the biblical view espoused by Phil and to declare themselves longtime supporters of various sexual perversions (which are all sin).

It might be interesting to see how this plays out. If the rest of the family refuses to do new episodes without Phil will the network drop the "suspension" or will they risk losing their top rated program and all the money that would cost them?

• Members

They don't want to lose their sodomite audience and support, so more than likely if the Duck Dynasty show goes downhill (which is what I think will happen) A&E will try to work up another show that might attract viewers.

To tell the truth, I hope the Network loses so many viewers after their suspending Phil that the network fades into nothingness.

The Robertson family is a tight-knit family, so I do not think Jase, Jeb, Alan & Willie will be as enthusiastic to do shows after the suspension of their dad.  And more than likely, the viewers will see less of Miss Kay too.  She sticks with her husband, so I am sure she is not going to be too happy herself.

• Members

I agree, the rest of the family won't agree to the network tossing fill to the wolves and then going on without him as if nothing has happened. They already took a stand previously when the network tried to force them to stop using the name of Jesus and tried to get them to stop having the family meal and prayer at the end of episodes. The family made it very clear they would not stop being themselves when it comes to their faith and told the network if they insisted upon dropping Jesus and prayer, the show was done. The network backed down.

No doubt the homosexual audience for that show is exceedingly small, and most likely most of their fans won't jump ship over this issue. If A&E cans the show and rejects the fans, they could take a very large hit and nothing the pro-homosexual groups could do would make up for that.

I agree it would be great to see A&E gone; it's another of those networks which started as one thing and as soon as they gained an audience turned into something totally different; and not in a good way.

• Administrators

There's a major petition circulating which already has almost 40,000 signatures demanding that A&E bring Phil back.  Glenn Beck has offered to bring the show to Blaze.  I'm thinking A&E bit off more than they can chew on this one.  I hope the backlash is so strong that A&E's bottom line ($$$) suffers.   :smug:

• Members

God is love.  But God is also just.  His Word states that it is abomination for man to lie with mankind.  His Word further states all that work abominations will have their part in the lake of fire.

Sodomites can continue to deceive themselves into believing that God is not going to judge them for the abominable practice of man lying with man, but it will happen nonetheless.

God cannot lie.  He has stated that man lying with man is an abomination to Him.  It is just as much an abomination today as it was when God told Moses it was in 1450 B.C..

While I do not agree with Phil Robertson's religious denomination, I wholeheartedly agree with him in his stand for what the Word of God teaches concerning sodomy.

• Moderators

Not sure why people are so enamoured with this show. Its great they profess Christ and pray, but so did Edgar Cayce. They are millionaires, and more so due to the show and the subsequent merchandising. yet they wear their hair like women, meaning, if you understand your Bibles, they aren't fit to give all those much-lauded prayers on their show.  On top of that, they aligned themselves with a wicked TV station, ignoring the biblical call to separate from the wicked-instead they signed a contract, then get mad when the devil they contracted with demands they do something against their faith.

I just have a hard time feeling sorry for them. They will cry all the way to the bank with all the new publicity this will give them. Then they can go and sign a contract with the other devil, Glen Beck, the mormon.

• Members

Not sure why people are so enamoured with this show. Its great they profess Christ and pray, but so did Edgar Cayce. They are millionaires, and more so due to the show and the subsequent merchandising. yet they wear their hair like women, meaning, if you understand your Bibles, they aren't fit to give all those much-lauded prayers on their show.  On top of that, they aligned themselves with a wicked TV station, ignoring the biblical call to separate from the wicked-instead they signed a contract, then get mad when the devil they contracted with demands they do something against their faith.

I just have a hard time feeling sorry for them. They will cry all the way to the bank with all the new publicity this will give them. Then they can go and sign a contract with the other devil, Glen Beck, the mormon.

I feel about the same way.

And of course if they believe the teachings of the coC, they are not saved, they are still lost in their sins. There's only one way a person can be saved, & its only by grce though faith in Jesus, not of self, not of works, & the coC teaches works based salvation.

After hearing about this the wife & I talked about it. My first thought was, will his boys keep doing the show.

We know they are money hungry because of the wine deal.

With that said many profession Christian have gone crazy over them, & support their every way. Perhaps many of them thinks the fame & or money will rub off on them.

• Members

I still cant' quote, so bear with me.

Thus far, I've not heard any of the Robertson's "crying" about any of this.

From what I've read, this really has little to do with who likes or dislikes the show (or just doesn't care), it's a matter of various groups attacking this particular man for saying what he said and citing what Scripture says about various sins and saying he believes the Bible.

This isn't an attack upon Phil, or Duck Dynasty, it's an attack upon the Word of God and the God of the Bible.

Sadly, I've heard several so-called conservatives and professing Christians saying Phil shouldn't have said what he did, should have known better than to have quoted the Bible, or that they outright don't agree with the Bible (though they were careful to say they disagree with Phil, rather than having the guts to admit or face the fact they are disagreeing with the Bible (and therefore God) on the matter of homosexuality; as well as other sexual perversions and sins.

• Members

I don't know how you would come to that conclusion.

The Robertsons, especially Phil, has been very open and outspoken regarding their biblical beliefs.

At the same time, A&E has been very clear in trying to distance themselves from non-PC things regarding Duck Dynasty and the Robertsons.

What this sounds like is what was almost inevitable to happen. That is, anti-Christian folks and promoters of perversion just watching and waiting for one of the Robertsons to say something they believe they can turn into a firestorm that will get them off TV.

Since the show first began (and it was A&E that sought out the Robertsons to do the show, not the other way around) there have been calls to rid the show of prayer, the use of Jesus name, and to get rid of the guns.

While A&E is PC, they are also greedy. They attempted to force the Robertsons to drop those things but when the family said "no", the network backed down. Still the liberal and perverse Left has continued to make demands and seek ways to be rid of the show where the name of Jesus is respectfully used and prayers are offered before a meal.

• Members

This is probably going to backfire on the network. The media has been pushing hard for homosexuality to be completely accepted as "normal" and to frame all those who disagree as "bad" people and bigots some time. While they have made significant strides toward shifting public opinion to match their point of view they are not all together there yet. They are overreaching on this one as the biblical point of view on homosexuality that he expressed is not yet as widely rejected and despised as they wish it would be. There are still a lot of even completely secular people who find it disgusting and morally objectionable even though they may not have the nerve to say so publicly.     

• Members

I still cant' quote, so bear with me.

Thus far, I've not heard any of the Robertson's "crying" about any of this.

From what I've read, this really has little to do with who likes or dislikes the show (or just doesn't care), it's a matter of various groups attacking this particular man for saying what he said and citing what Scripture says about various sins and saying he believes the Bible.

This isn't an attack upon Phil, or Duck Dynasty, it's an attack upon the Word of God and the God of the Bible.

Sadly, I've heard several so-called conservatives and professing Christians saying Phil shouldn't have said what he did, should have known better than to have quoted the Bible, or that they outright don't agree with the Bible (though they were careful to say they disagree with Phil, rather than having the guts to admit or face the fact they are disagreeing with the Bible (and therefore God) on the matter of homosexuality; as well as other sexual perversions and sins.

Of course, there's many Christians, even pastors, even Sunday school teachers that would say, "Don't say that." And they be in every brand of church there is on the face of this earth.

We have had many presidents who claimed to be true Christians, yet they never use the great platform they have to spread the truth of the Word.

Paul, he had a big platform & he used it to preach the truth, much more so than to defend himself. He let Christ live though him, daily.

I once had a friend that was of the coC & he clearly said, Bible teachings are for home & church only, & should be left in the home & church, & not proclaimed publicly.

The person who is bent like that does not do this.

Ga 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

They refuse to let Chris live though them, its all about I. Of course many of these people when they attend church they will say & do all the right things.

Archived