• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

More Problems

• Members

From what a couple others have said, it seems to only be effecting those using Windows IE.

Oddly, starting yesterday there is occasional "click" or "blip" sound that seems to be coming from my monitor. At first I thought it was coming through the speakers, but it's not that, so I don't know what that is, where it came from or what it means. It doesn't seem to effect anything; just somewhat annoying.

• Members

From what a couple others have said, it seems to only be effecting those using Windows IE.

Oddly, starting yesterday there is occasional "click" or "blip" sound that seems to be coming from my monitor. At first I thought it was coming through the speakers, but it's not that, so I don't know what that is, where it came from or what it means. It doesn't seem to effect anything; just somewhat annoying.

Hmmm...  I have Windows IE, John.  Maybe, I should do a scan before I end up with the same problems.

Strange, huh?  I don't like when things like this get annoying.  Not being able to copy and paste?  Uggh.

• Members

For some reason I can not copy and paste here either.

Anyone know why this is happening and how it can be remedied or is this an issue with OB?

Are you using the pop-up window menu OR the keyboard? Can you highlight the words to be copied?

If using the pop-up method and you can highlight the words; try the Control-C for copy and Control-V for paste on the keyboard.

What is your Operating System and Internet Browser?

Edited by Bro K

• Members

I  have had to switch to IE and am using Windows 7.  I am having the same problem, cannot paste and cannot quote.  It works fine when I use Chrome, but I have other issues with Chrome so am using IE.  It seems to me (but I am an idiot when it comes to programming, etc.) that it is probably a glitch between this forum software and IE. 

God bless,

Larry

• Members

I  have had to switch to IE and am using Windows 7.  I am having the same problem, cannot paste and cannot quote.  It works fine when I use Chrome, but I have other issues with Chrome so am using IE.  It seems to me (but I am an idiot when it comes to programming, etc.) that it is probably a glitch between this forum software and IE. 

God bless,

Larry

I have Window 7 and use Firefox.

• Members

No, they haven't fixed it yet, I had just tried the latest version.  I am afraid it is typical Microsoft.  :thumbdown:

Although I hate Microsoft I can't seem to live without them.  :icon_rolleyes:   I know there are other ways to go like linux and such but I am beyond being able to learn new operating systems.

God bless,

Larry

• Members

No, they haven't fixed it yet, I had just tried the latest version.  I am afraid it is typical Microsoft.  :thumbdown:

Although I hate Microsoft I can't seem to live without them.  :icon_rolleyes:   I know there are other ways to go like linux and such but I am beyond being able to learn new operating systems.

God bless,

Larry

Bro. Larry, there is a Linux Operating System called Zorin.  It's specifically marketed to Windows users.  The look and layout is very close to Windows.  I use Zorin, and I absolutely love it.  I use the Zorin 6 LTS (Long Term Support).  It's faster than any Windows Operating System than I've ever used...except Windows 8...which I don't like.

It does take a little getting used to if you do much work on a computer, but if you only use your computer for basic things; such as, browsing the internet, writing letters, etc., it's a snap to use.  You'd have no problem at all.

If you ever want to try it, you can download Zorin (it's free), burn it on a DVD, and try it straight from the DVD.  If you like it, you can install it later.

If you're interested, here's the link ---> http://zorin-os.com/

Here's a picture of the default desktop.  If you see the program called "Wine", don't let that worry you.  That's a program that allows you to run Windows programs on Linux systems.

7.png

• Members

For some reason I can not copy and paste here either.

Anyone know why this is happening and how it can be remedied or is this an issue with OB?

This page shows how to change your copy & paste setting.

And I have copied & pasted the instructions below.

Open your Internet Explorer browser window.

Click on "Tools" from the top menu bar. This will cause a drop-down menu to appear.

Left-click on the word "Options." This will cause a dialog box to appear.

Left-click on the tab that says "Security." This will jump you to a new view within the dialog box.

5 Left-click on the words "Custom Level." The dialog box you see will have a long list of options for customizing your browser.

Scroll down until you see the word "Miscellaneous." Under this, you will see "Drag and Drop or Copy and Paste Files." Next you will see the options to either "Enable" or "Disable."

Left-click on the small circle next to the word "Enable." When you do this, the small circle next to the word will fill in with a black dot.

Move your mouse to the bottom of the page and left-click the word "Okay." This will close the second dialog box.

Left-click the word "Okay" in the first dialog box.

Suggestion only, I would download Chrome, its not near the trouble as IE, least not for me, & I'm not a computer geek, I can just do enough to mess everything up.