• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

How To Keep The Faith When Pastors Wife Cheats And The Pastor Leaves His Church.

• Members

Two years ago the pastor was found to be cheatingon wife...that pastor stepped down and left church.... Now two years later a pastor's wife was found out in cheating with a member of church... all the profe, phone call recording, Tex was showed to him and still pastor says its all lies and he has steped down....How can it be that this is the second time of falling of one pastor cheatsand now a new pastors wife caught...The churchis so hurt and now it may fall...what could be wrong and how can the churchsave its self..The pastors wife still liessays its all lies...and bam there is all the Profe righton the table..Now what...why don't the pastor believerhe church.....

Edited by broken church

• Administrators

Such a sad thing to have happen.  broken, you and your fellow members do need to, as Mountain said, put your faith in Jesus.  Mankind sins, even pastors and their wives.  Sadly, this kind of thing is becoming more common in churches today.

You can be a help to your fellow members if you look to Christ and encourage yourself in him as David did in 1 Samuel 30. Ziklag had been burned with fire and the families of the men had been taken captive - including David's own wives.  At a time like that, you would think the men would stick together. But they wanted to stone David.  Verse 6 begins with David being greatly distressed and ends with "but David encouraged himself in the LORD his God."  Encourage your fellow members to read that chapter, and to encourage themselves in the Lord.

Perhaps the members of your church should get together and begin to pray - hard - for God to show you all what you should do.  He will make it clear to you.  This would be a good time for each individual to take stock and make sure that they are following God and not man. It is so easy to get caught in the trap of uplifting a person or persons to the point where our faith is shaken to the core and threatened when sin is revealed.  Yes, when a spiritual leader is in sin, it shakes us. But if we have our eyes on Christ as they should (and can) be, our faith will help us rely on God and He will strengthen us.

• Moderators

I have seen mighty churches doing great things for the Lord rise from the ashes of broken churches and fallen preachers. As was said above, a church needs to place their faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, not the preacher. A pastor is important, but if he falls, then the church needs to either seek within their own body, or from outside, a new pastor, prayerfully search out a godly man, and know, even then, that he is just a man, and subject to falling.

• Members

Its sad when that happens, & it will happen.

I once knew a pastor whose wife was cheating on him with the song leader. I knew beyond a doubt it was taking place, no gossip involved.

This pastor had been accused of doing some cheating to, yet I thought it might be gossip so I held my thoughts on this. This pastor died a few years ago from cancer, & not all that long back I was talking with a pastor friend who use to work with that pastor. He told me it was all true, he did cheat on his wife & had been doing so for years, that he had witness it 1st hand.  Years before that they both worked for the country, & this pastor was running a road grader, this other pastor told me he always had a stash of girlie magazines & talking about his girl friends.

And I believe his influence caused another man that surrendered under him to preach the Gospel to quit.  I recall having just visited this pastor in the hospital one afternoon & seeing this other pastor at Walmart telling him about this pastor. I was very surprised at his reply yet I suppose he had already knew what I did not find out till years later.

MountainChristian said it correct, pastors are just men too, & if a church is following Jesus, & not the man, it can overcome such a thing without to much trouble. Yet if they're following the pastor & not Jesus, it will hurt them dearly.

• Members

Uh yeah - looking for some support and help in their situation - not reading it in an IT sense. ;)

Terrible place to be though.

Yes, as a new person, broken church did not know where to post this.

It is a terrible place to be.  However, there is some very good advice in this thread.

I heard a pastor say one time, that when a pastor is called to preach, the Devil throws all kinds of things his way.  We know he does this to get him to fall.  This pastor put women and money at the top of the list.

• Members

Yes, as a new person, broken church did not know where to post this.

It is a terrible place to be.  However, there is some very good advice in this thread.

I heard a pastor say one time, that when a pastor is called to preach, the Devil throws all kinds of things his way.  We know he does this to get him to fall.  This pastor put women and money at the top of the list.

Ooops.  This was off topic.  Sorry.  This post is about the pastor's wife cheating and the pastor leaving.  Off hand, I don't know of any IFB church that this has happened to.  I know there are probably some, though.  God doesn't make perfect men and women, he makes willing men and women.  Man (woman) is flawed, therefore this sin happens sometimes.  Keep hanging on to the faith, broken church, and try not to get discouraged by this.  I know it has to be hard.  God bless you:) 

Edited by candlelight