• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Community Vs. Fellowship Or The Same?

nucreature

• Members

I for one would like to know how you arrived at these conclusions? If you care to elaborate, there is a thread "Alcohol: A Bibical case for Abstinance"  which started on 16 Sep 13.

i couldn't locate it, what section might I find it in?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

We must know the Greek word for deacon means servant. By the way the pastor should be the shepherd of the flock. The only authority in the church is Christ himself. Also the "church" is a living organism made up of believers AKA the bride of Christ. (P.S. try reading Song of Solomon from a husband/bride  angle with you being the bride.) As for the alcohol thing, it does good to remember the verses about being a stumbling block to others. We should view ourselves as PR reps. for the greatest person that ever lived. As a general rule I say if you have to ask then you're looking for man's justification for something that you're already under conviction about being wrong. For the new year try listening to that little voice that tells you that the person in line at the grocery store needs to hear about Jesus.....then tell them. Be Jesus' Personal Relations representative this year.

• Members

We must know the Greek word for deacon means servant. By the way the pastor should be the shepherd of the flock. The only authority in the church is Christ himself. Also the "church" is a living organism made up of believers AKA the bride of Christ. (P.S. try reading Song of Solomon from a husband/bride  angle with you being the bride.) As for the alcohol thing, it does good to remember the verses about being a stumbling block to others. We should view ourselves as PR reps. for the greatest person that ever lived. As a general rule I say if you have to ask then you're looking for man's justification for something that you're already under conviction about being wrong. For the new year try listening to that little voice that tells you that the person in line at the grocery store needs to hear about Jesus.....then tell them. Be Jesus' Personal Relations representative this year.

I believe some verses and even doctrines are misrepresented when using the word "church" as far as applying them to either the Bride of Christ or the Local Assembly.

Archived