• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Crome And Firefox

Invicta

• Members

Okay...the spell checker is now working using Firefox.  I did check to see if it was working on other forums, and it was...so that's weird. Anyway, here's what worked for me, and the spell checker is working here at Online Baptist now...hopefully it'll work for you guys too.

Before I did this, I left Online Baptist by clicking my Home icon.  I don't know if you have to do that, but I did.

Okay...on your Firefox Menu

1. Click "Preferences"
  2. Click "Advanced"
  3. Click the "Network" tab
  4. Look for "Cached Web Content" and click the "Clear Now" button which is over to the right.

Thanks for your response; however, it didn't help my problem. I checked to ensure  the Spell Checker is on and I have a dictionary.

• Members

Thanks for your response; however, it didn't help my problem. I checked to ensure  the Spell Checker is on and I have a dictionary.

:clapping:  Got it working!!!!! I reinstalled the dictionary. Thanks everyone!!!

• Members

Okay...the spell checker is now working using Firefox.  I did check to see if it was working on other forums, and it was...so that's weird. Anyway, here's what worked for me, and the spell checker is working here at Online Baptist now...hopefully it'll work for you guys too.

Before I did this, I left Online Baptist by clicking my Home icon.  I don't know if you have to do that, but I did.

Okay...on your Firefox Menu

1. Click "Preferences"
  2. Click "Advanced"
  3. Click the "Network" tab
  4. Look for "Cached Web Content" and click the "Clear Now" button which is over to the right.

I can't find preferences on the toolbar.

• Members

Go to TOOLS and click OPTIONS

Yes I have already done that,

I then have the options of: General, Tabs, Content, Applications, Privacy, Security, Sync, Advanced,

Under Advanced I have the options: General, Data Choices, Network, Update, Certificates.

One line under General is Check my spelling as I type.  That box is ticked.  Still doesn't work.

FF Version 25.0.01.  Says it is up to date.

• Members

Yes I have already done that,

I then have the options of: General, Tabs, Content, Applications, Privacy, Security, Sync, Advanced,

Under Advanced I have the options: General, Data Choices, Network, Update, Certificates.

One line under General is Check my spelling as I type.  That box is ticked.  Still doesn't work.

FF Version 25.0.01.  Says it is up to date.

Under "Advanced" go to Network and follow info in Post #15 above. I did this and also reloaded my Dictionary.. mine is working OK now.

• Members

To add a dictionary try this site:  https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox  (note: this is not a link)

Thanks.

I didn't go that way, but I managed to download an English English dictionary, if you see what I mean?

But I didn't manage to get it to work with Thunderbird, although it says it is also for Thunderbird and Seamonkey, whatever that is.

• Members

...although it says it is also for Thunderbird and Seamonkey, whatever that is.

Seamonkey is a web browser...I think it's from the makers of Firefox.  I used it in the past...it was just a basic browser, but it worked really good.  When other browsers were giving me problems, Seamonkey never did.

• Members

Yes...SeaMonkey, the web browser...not to be confused with the pet sea monkeys (which are brine shrimp) that you can hatch from eggs and watch them grow in a small aquarium.

sea_monkey_tank_kit.jpeg

Interesting.

Archived