• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Way Of Life - Bill Gaither's Disobedience To God's Word

• Members

Laura, thank you so much for asking the questions, and looking up these verses!  And thank you for being open and honest in your search for the truth!!!

If I can be of more help, please let me know - just send me a PM or something.

In Christ,

Thank you too for taking the time and patience.  I would like to add you to my friends list, if you don't mind.  We never stop learning and I'm always looking for the truth.

• Members

There is no difference between an Authorized KJV and a KJV, other than perhaps the Americanization of certain British spellings.

The NKJV is a completely new translation, based on the same Greek text as the KJV, but still has some errors in it. Here is a brief list of changes in the NKJV:
II Timothy 2:15
Romans 1:18, 25
II Cor. 2:17
Acts 4:27, 30
Titus 3:10,
I Timothy 6:5, 10, 20
I Cor. 1:18, 22

They also consistently replace the KJV word "HELL" with either "the grave" (in the OT) or "Hades" (in the NT).

There are many other changes, but these are some of the "big ones."

In Christ,

Actually, while there is some dispute, the NKJV appear to have referenced the corrupt stream of texts, which is partly why some of those changes were made.

In any case the NKJV producers went beyond their original brief to update the old language only.

• Members

It is my understanding that they have once again updated the NKJV and the changes make it worse than it already is.

The author of the book I gave a link to above, "David Daniels" is currently working on an update to that book where he includes many of the horrific changes in the NKJV.

• Members

All the changes made to the New King James come from the corrupt Alexandrian manuscripts.

The publishers of the NKJV also make changes to later editions without telling anybody.  The first edition is not the same as todays, it's even more corrupt.

• Members

I am sure someone here knows of something similar.
I have it in a book by Kieth Piper (no relation to.....) Called Answers.
It is a comprehensive doctrine book which is pretty good. Baptist guy here in Aust.
You can order the book on line.

As with all, I don't agree with him 100% on everything but it is pretty good.

http://answers.libertybaptistchurch.org.au/

Just curious, what don't you agree with in this book? 

• Members

Just curious, what don't you agree with in this book?

It is a huge book (well over 500 pages if I remember correctly) covering all sorts of things.
I don't remember anything in particular but I remember there being some things.

Overall it is a very good resource.

• Members

Baptist is a denominational name. If not, then all IFB churches are nondenominational churches.

Only two IFB churches in this area still use the KJB. One has chosen to die out with its elderly members (the youngest members are in their 60s) rather than welcome new folks into their church; the other has chose to move in a more ecumenical and "seeker friendly" direction. 

Indeed, while not 100% (none can attain such in this world) perfect, there are yet many biblically sound Baptist churches with good pastors endeavoring to be faithful to the Word, serving Christ.

Actually Baptist is not a denominational name.

Baptist did not name their self, they were named by their enemies, & its a name that's been handed down, & the name was not always Baptist. The name Baptist was derived from the name Anabaptist given to us because we would not accept infant baptizing, & we would not accept someone as a member of our churches who was baptized by a false teaching churches.

And because these churches who actually followed the truth of Jesus in the early days would not do this they were persecuted,  they were drug out of their houses, their churches, beaten, & if they still refused to accept their teachings they were burned at the stake, murdered. many times their churches & or houses were burn donw leaving them homeless & many times without a church,

So before making a statement you need to study the history of us Baptist so that you can be informed on us people who goes by the name of Baptist. I have furnished you many links to many articles on this trying to help you on this issue. The people now known as Baptist has a very rich history, Ignoring what our the suffering our brothers & sisters went though in the past you do them a very bad disservice having died for God's truths, that is they refused to compromise as many do today so they can stay comfortable & have no suffering.

• Members

Actually Baptist is not a denominational name.

Baptist did not name their self, they were named by their enemies, & its a name that's been handed down, & the name was not always Baptist. The name Baptist was derived from the name Anabaptist given to us because we would not accept infant baptizing, & we would not accept someone as a member of our churches who was baptized by a false teaching churches.

And because these churches who actually followed the truth of Jesus in the early days would not do this they were persecuted,  they were drug out of their houses, their churches, beaten, & if they still refused to accept their teachings they were burned at the stake, murdered. many times their churches & or houses were burn donw leaving them homeless & many times without a church,

So before making a statement you need to study the history of us Baptist so that you can be informed on us people who goes by the name of Baptist. I have furnished you many links to many articles on this trying to help you on this issue. The people now known as Baptist has a very rich history, Ignoring what our the suffering our brothers & sisters went though in the past you do them a very bad disservice having died for God's truths, that is they refused to compromise as many do today so they can stay comfortable & have no suffering.

Which means IFB churches are non-denominational churches.

• Members

Jerry...

Just an FYI.  A guest asked a question this morning "where did the name Baptist come from?"  I noticed no one answered him yet. Perhaps you can?  Just a suggestion.  :-)

To learn this it will take much study, reading, & lots of time, its not something that can be explained in a post on a forum.

Yet I will try & give some help on where to start if interested. Sad to say many reject it refusing to give it a good proper study.

Here are many articles on this subject, & here are many more, many of them will point to history, yet will have some Bible teachings in them as well. And with any reading one needs to have their Bible comparing Scriptures used by the writers to the Bible to see if they have it correct.

I might add in some of the articles it will point to the writings of those that persecuted us, its quite amazing that they help us much in proving just who the Baptist were down though the ages while tracing our history, & even prove many of our teachings.