• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Way Of Life - Bill Gaither's Disobedience To God's Word

• Members

I am sure someone here knows of something similar.
I have it in a book by Kieth Piper (no relation to.....) Called Answers.
It is a comprehensive doctrine book which is pretty good. Baptist guy here in Aust.
You can order the book on line.

As with all, I don't agree with him 100% on everything but it is pretty good.

http://answers.libertybaptistchurch.org.au/

• Members

wow! those were some eye-openers! Luke 4:4 in particular. I didn't realize they left out so much scripture and left it optional such as "some manuscripts read" or the rest of a verse as a footnote! Very interesting!

Some are exceedingly bad in this area.

This is also one of the reasons many of the study Bibles in KJB can be dangerous because while the whole Word is there in the KJB, in the study notes there are many sayings such as those which say that "better manuscripts" or "some manuscripts" don't say this; or the one providing notes puts forth his own translation as "better" than what's given in the KJB.

• Members

Laura, again, I am trying to be argumentative, so please do not interpret my responses as being such.
Footnotes might be "additional information," but the question is whether or not those footnotes are SCRIPTURE.  All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, but FOOTNOTES are not SCRIPTURE.  Can you see the difference, and how the NIV has made a mess out of Luke 4:4?  They took the most important part of the verse out of the text of Scripture and put it in the footnote.
So what are they implying?
1.  That the phrase "but by every word of God" is NOT Scripture
2.  That the Christian is not to live by "bread alone" but we are not actually sure what we are to live by
3.  They were kind enough to give you the "additional information" but they have already decided that the "additional information" is NOT SCRIPTURE. 
4.  So where does that leave you?  Is it SCRIPTURE or is it NOT Scripture. 
If it is NOT Scripture, then the footnote is irrelevant.
If it IS Scripture, then why is it not in the text???

in books, footnotes are generally man's thoughts on the paragraph or phrase they are assigned to.

Footnotes in the Bible lead most readers to believe just that. Not necessarily needful since they are man's interpretation.

So glad my KJV doesn't cause me to doubt the authenticity of one single verse. God said He would keep His Words forever. Now, either He did, or He is a liar.

We know He cannot lie, so that leaves only one other choice. HE HAS PRESERVED HIS WORDS!!

• Members

There is no difference between an Authorized KJV and a KJV, other than perhaps the Americanization of certain British spellings.

The NKJV is a completely new translation, based on the same Greek text as the KJV, but still has some errors in it.  Here is a brief list of changes in the NKJV:

II Timothy 2:15

Romans 1:18, 25

II Cor. 2:17

Acts 4:27, 30

Titus 3:10,

I Timothy 6:5, 10, 20

I Cor. 1:18, 22

They also consistently replace the KJV word "HELL" with either "the grave" (in the OT) or "Hades" (in the NT). 

There are many other changes, but these are some of the "big ones."

In Christ,