• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Hello From Charleston Sc

ModestMelissa

• Members

Hi, my name is Melissa, I am married with 4 children and on on the way. We currently live in the Charleston SC area. I found this site by accident, I was looking for an online community of like minded people. I enjoy interacting with people who share some of the same beliefs.

I also homeschool 2 of our children ages 11 and 10. Which can be a chore within itself, however, we believe that teaching our children Biblical truth is something that is a must. Living for the Lord is the best way, even though others might not have the same views.

I often times struggle with my walk with the Lord. Mainly just because of society. Sometimes society can feel like a strong tidal wave that is pushing you into a direction that isn't the best way. There are those times that I am going thru a weak period and I slowly drift that way. Of course I always bounce back to where I need to be!

I hope to fellowship with everyone here and get to meet new online friends.

God Bless!

Melissa

• Members

G'day.
Good to have you. We homeschool too, but our youngest is 11. Oldest is in uni, middle two are both about to graduate high school.
My wife has done the bulk of it of course, and has done a great job.

• Members

Welcome!  I'm new too and came here by accident...well maybe there is no such thing as an "accident" but I am here now.  I found the site when I was looking up what Hebrew music may have sounded like in Bible times to try to get an idea how the Psalms may have sounded when put to music as I was reading it.  I never intended on joining a forum.  I am, for the most part, a stay at home mom with a special needs child and miss the interactions with adults so decided to stay.  Especially since the interactions can possibly help me grow and learn.  I've met a lot of nice people here.  I hope you are able to do the same. 

• Members

I first off would like to Thank everyone for welcoming me. LauraJones, My 11 year old has a form of autism. He is high functioning, but he can be very challenging also. I have to say it has taught my family a lot. 

Thanks everyone for the Warm Welcome.

Melissa

• Members

I first off would like to Thank everyone for welcoming me. LauraJones, My 11 year old has a form of autism. He is high functioning, but he can be very challenging also. I have to say it has taught my family a lot. 

Thanks everyone for the Warm Welcome.

Melissa

That's what my son has.  He's also high functioning.  Challenging is an understatement.  Ha ha.  My son has meltdowns and then sometimes I have them.  God doesn't give us anything we can't handle though, right?  

Archived