• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Since The World Began...

No Nicolaitans

• Members

Speaking generally here, one word of caution with some young earth, literal six day creation ministries, is to beware of some of their attempts to explain certain things as if what they say is fact, when it's actually conjecture. When I encounter such, I don't dismiss the entire ministry, but I do avoid using that part.

As an example, some declare emphatically what leviathan is/was, when the truth is, none of us can say with certainty. We can guess, and some guesses are better than others, but to declare as fact what leviathan refers to, we can't do. To some this is a minor point, but why even open a door for attack which for some would make them cast doubt upon the rest of their work.

Some declare things regarding dinosaurs as fact, when again, it's their guess. Not good to express theories as facts, as we should well know.

Just be careful with the material and which portions of the material we use.

This is certainly true. What must be understood is that we all have the same data to work with. Where the divergences take place is that people bring in certain assumptions and presuppositions to interpret the facts. We have to decide whether we interpret the data through a Biblical perspective or through a worldly perspective.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

The science teacher that pushed evolution the most was especially fixated on cavemen and glaciers. It seemed almost everything related back to either cavemen or glaciers with this guy.

The way he tried to explain evolution, he made it seem like a fast process even though he would recite the millions of years stuff. The way he explained human evolution, it seemed to me that if I spent most of the summer swimming I would evolve webs between my fingers and toes!

They just look webbed-really, they're just pruney.

Archived