• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Salad Dressing Question

• Members

What salad dressings are opaque and around this color?

I tasted a salad dressing many years ago that was fabulous but I cannot remember what kind it was. It was not a vinaigarette and it was not Thousand Island. A friend suggested that it might have been Russian dressing but when I Googled it in images, I couldn't come up with anything satisfactory.

• Members

Russian dressing can definitely be red, but I have seen it red-brown and who is to say that variations of it cannot be all brown. Then there is creamy French dressing that some restaurants equate with Russian. I'm thinking this one might be a specially formulated house dressing. :Green

• Members

It definitely wasn't a French. I did some more searching and found out two things:

1. Russian dressing is rather rare these days

2. There are different colors of Russian dressing, varying from light orange to dark brown.

I did find one particular brand of Russian dressing that looks like what I had. If I ever find it in the stores, I'll try it.

• 3 months later...

I will take some time to find you a Russian SD Recieipe! I love cookbooks and to cook! Unable to right now but pray that will change shortly --even if physical therapist says yes to baking with husband present I would be overjoyed. My husband and son have celiac. They cann't have wheat, rye , barley or oats. It's genetic. Does anyone here have family membbers or themselves that would be interested in exchangeing reciepes? If newly diagnoised I'm a willing sounding board. It can be very difficult whan you first get diagnoised but then you feel soooo much beter you cann't believe you ever lived like that day in and day out. Just trying to be a blessing! pixiedust