• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Government Shuts Down, Nation Descends Into Riots, Looting And Cannibalism

• Members

While this sounds good, nothing short of direct intervention from God could bring such about.

The only other way to even attempt such would not be God honouring as it would require much bloodshed, brutality and forced migrations and executions of millions of people.

Better to follow the biblical model and do as Paul and the other Apostles and early Christians did.

What's the biblical model John?

• Members

False. Both Parties are to blame for both are complicit in the unconstitutional practices which has led to the current mess in the government.

Regardless of the state of the government, our trust is to be in the Lord, not the government.

• Members

Actually, if it wasn't for things put in place by Bush (and others before him) Obama wouldn't be able to do all he does today.

The problems they are arguing over today didn't happen in just the past few years, they have been building for decades while each president and congress, no matter what party was in charge, let it happen and allowed it to get worse.

While the last president decided to force his way in foreign policy, this president has chosen to do so more on the domestic front. Either way, America suffered and each abuse of power set the stage for the next abuse of power.

• 6 years later...
  • Members
On 10/13/2013 at 4:26 PM, John81 said:

False. Both Parties are to blame for both are complicit in the unconstitutional practices which has led to the current mess in the government.

Regardless of the state of the government, our trust is to be in the Lord, not the government.

I don't remember God or Jesus "blaming" the Romans,  Egyptians, Persians,  governments per se - or even perhaps more importantly blaming the Israelites, Hebrews, Jews, disciples,  or apostles in the Bible.  

And yes,  certainly,  repeated often in God's Word,  "our trust is to be in the Lord".  (just a day or three ago looked up "trust" in one of the KJV Bible Sites): 

"TRUST" in the KJV Bible

188 Instances

On 10/11/2013 at 2:23 PM, BlessedChristianlady8 said:

I am beyond my witsend with this shut down because we were about to agree with a settlement through a hud/loan deal thing and we were about to get awarded when the stupid shutdown happened , can someone tell me in neatural way , what is happening and how long before we hear about our settlement? I am very upset right now ....

On 10/3/2013 at 11:21 PM, swathdiver said:

We should abolish this government and start another one that honor's God.

On 10/2/2013 at 1:52 PM, ThePilgrim said:

I do agree that the situation with our government is serious.  However I am not referring to the latest so-called crisis.  The serious problem with government is they have no respect or fear of either man nor God.  They do whatever feels right to them whether it is right in God's eyes or not, and if they don't care what God thinks it is certainly an error to think that they care what you or I think.  

You are right they do need our prayers that they might begin to fear God and thereby be enabled to do right.  

With the laws they pass they rob from the people, they cheat the people, they use our children too fight and die in unnecessary wars.  

What this country needs right now is not another politician or a man on a white horse but a Jeremiah.

God bless,

Larry

On 10/11/2013 at 9:11 PM, BlessedChristianlady8 said:

What you mean what kind of door is he might be shutting? LOL  we had a document from our case and signed papers through online on the friday before the shutdown and everyone had to sign it, which means we would be still getting that settlement... we were in the signing and ending the case when the shutdown happened..

On 10/11/2013 at 11:35 PM, JerryNumbers said:

It really matters not what you have, if God wants to close a door He will close that door, & please remember I said. "PERHAPS!"

On 10/12/2013 at 7:35 AM, John81 said:

While this sounds good, nothing short of direct intervention from God could bring such about.

The only other way to even attempt such would not be God honouring as it would require much bloodshed, brutality and forced migrations and executions of millions of people.

Better to follow the biblical model and do as Paul and the other Apostles and early Christians did.

i.e. "trust God". yes.  (and "follow" His Word/DO as He Says) ;  Just like Paul and the other Apostles and early Christians did. 

===============================

On 10/12/2013 at 11:52 AM, John81 said:

I know you've read the Acts and Epistles.

footnote: forgot why I added this in multi-quote.