• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Answer

Donald

• Members

Hello Jerry Numbers

You concluded your response with this question.....
“Oh, how many of us really wants God will to be done on earth as it is in Heaven?”

Well I think anyone who’s heart is right with God, want’s His will to be done.
But what these threads have been about is another question.....

What is, “God’s Will”?
------------------------
As we have seen, I think God’s will is one thing, while Steve thinks it is something else, while you may think it’s something else.

This is why I seem to make such a big deal out of always going back to Scripture for the answer to this question!

I KNOW(and admit), that my view of God’s will is not perfect, because my mind has been effected by sin’s contamination.  None of us can trust ourselves 100%, because of the fact that we live in a Christ rejecting world every day.

Paul said something about this.....
1 Corinthians 5:9-10
V.9 ¶ I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators:
V.10 Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world.

According to the Bible, we would have to get “out of this world”, before we will be able to see things absolutely clear.

This is why I am so dependant upon God’s Word and am always asking Steve and others to “show me the Scripture” that supports their views.

As I have said, I have NEVER(from the pulpit), said one word about secular music being okey!  So also have I NEVER preached one word against it!
(That may come in the distant future, but now I have bigger fish to fry!)

I need to make sure, that I am not going overboard, in my criticism of other pastors, who do preach against it.  God calls different men to do different things; He may indeed have called some to preach against rock music and although He may never use me to do so, maybe I should have a more charitable view of others who do.

As for conforming to this world(as you talked about it in your response), praise the Lord, I am daily staying alert, to this danger and avoiding it as much as I can.

No, the post I made is not changing topics. If you want God's will to be done on this earth them your life will revolve around Jesus, & there will be no space in your life for secular stuff, like secular music & so on. 

Archived