• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Pope Said Church Should Not Be Obsessed With Gays And Abortion

robmac68

The following is a heretical anti-christ view with no basis in scripture...

"In a dramatically blunt interview with an Italian Jesuit journal, Francis said the Church had "locked itself up in small things, in small-minded rules" and should not be so prone to condemn."

Since when is the word of God "small minded?" It is the word of God that condemns not Christians opposing the sin of homosexuality.

I'm so thankful God did not deliver me to a Roman Church family.

• Members

The following is a heretical anti-christ view with no basis in scripture...

"In a dramatically blunt interview with an Italian Jesuit journal, Francis said the Church had "locked itself up in small things, in small-minded rules" and should not be so prone to condemn."

Since when is the word of God "small minded?" It is the word of God that condemns not Christians opposing the sin of homosexuality.

I'm so thankful God did not deliver me to a Roman Church family.

Me too. Back in late 66 or early 67 I met a Catholic girl while in the Air Force stationed at Blytheville AFB, she was going to college at Memphis. We dated till summer time & she went home to New Jersey. And during that time I had a roommate dating her roommate.

After she went home for the summer I thought much about this, me being Baptist, her being Catholic. I didn't know that much about them but I did know that my roommate had got very serious & was taking a class in Catholicism. I looked though his work book asking him questions about that class & things just did not seem to match up with what I had been hearing while growing up a Baptist. I thought a lot about it & finally decided to break it off.

While home for Thanksgiving in 67 I met the girl I married. Being as I was in the Air Force we did not get to see each other very much yet come May 18, 68 we married. Oh, she was Baptist as I was & we are still married. I have always felt God guided us to one another.

• Members

One point often not mentioned is that sodomites are fornicators and adulterers too.  There is no way around that one unless of course they read the MV of their choice which makes them feel good about their sin but does not change their ultimate destination, hell.

What happens once gay marriage is law in every state? Legally, we can't call them adulterers if they're married.

• Members

What happens once gay marriage is law in every state? Legally, we can't call them adulterers if they're married.

They're still fornicators and adulterers because God ordained marriage between a man and a woman.  The state has no legislative authority to change that.  They will/are in the wrong and we have no duty to accept it or recognize it as law.

• Members

And of course we can tell them:

1Co 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
1Co 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

abusers of themselves with mankind shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Archived