• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Pope Said Church Should Not Be Obsessed With Gays And Abortion

robmac68

• Members

http://news.yahoo.com/pope-says-church-cannot-obsessed-gays-contraception-abortion-163220900.html

In the interview released on Thursday, he added: "By saying this, I said what the catechism says. Religion has the right to express its opinion in the service of the people, but God in creation has set us free: it is not possible to interfere spiritually in the life of a person."

CHURCH SHOULD BE "A FIELD HOSPITAL"

• Members

I would agree that we shouldn't be "obsessed".

I agree...in Jesus day they were obsessed with adultery, today it is homosexuality.  I don't know what he means to "interfere spiritually in the life of a person".  If the person is spiritually dead, they need "interfered" with using the Gospel just like a person might need "interfered" with using CPR if their heart stops. 

Anyway, I am naive'.  I thought the Catholic church picking this older guy to run things meant he would be a little more conservative.  I guess I can't sterotype an apostate. 

• Members

I agree...in Jesus day they were obsessed with adultery, today it is homosexuality.  I don't know what he means to "interfere spiritually in the life of a person".  If the person is spiritually dead, they need "interfered" with using the Gospel just like a person might need "interfered" with using CPR if their heart stops. 

Anyway, I am naive'.  I thought the Catholic church picking this older guy to run things meant he would be a little more conservative.  I guess I can't sterotype an apostate. 

One of the reasons they chose this guy as pope was because he's more progressive, not rigid conservative, someone they hoped would have broader appeal among secularized Catholics.

Indeed, homosexuals, like all sinners, need to hear the Gospel, they don't need someone harping at them about one particular sin. All too often Christians approach homosexuals very differently than they do other sinners, and typically in a way not helpful to prepare them to receive the Gospel.

If homosexuals don't get saved, then it wouldn't matter if they gave up practicing homosexuality today, they would still be just as lost. Even so, Christians often try to get homosexuals to change while they are still lost.

May we share the Gospel with homosexuals and allow the Holy Ghost to do His part.

• Members

Just because someone is old in earthly age does not mean they're conservative, especially when they're connected to a church that does not teach the truth that leads to true salvation, & that is one thing the RCC has never taught. Plus it matters not what the catechism says, what matter is what the Bible says. The catechism is not for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, only the Bible is for that purpose.

Of course if we would not preach against sin, sins that condemn people to the lake of fire forever, we just might catch lots more people, sad to say there's many doing just that yet I refuse to have anything to do with them unless they're willing to repent & turn back to Christ walking in His truths.

• Members

This older guy you are referring to is a Jesuit.  The jesuits have a history and it is not a good one unless of course you are a pope.  It is my understanding that when the jesuit order was began that a jesuit was never to be elevated to the papacy but I guess things have changed in the church of Rome.  That was a rather silly thing to say, after all the church of Rome has always been about change, hasn't it.

God bless,

Larry

The Jesuit Oath:
"Go ye, then, into all the world and take possession of all lands in the name of the Pope. He who will not accept him as the Vicar of Jesus and his Vice-Regent on earth, let him be accursed and exterminated." 
Professor Arthur Noble

[The following is the text of the Jesuit Extreme Oath of Induction as recorded in the Journals of the 62nd Congress, 3rd Session, of the United States Congressional Record (House Calendar No. 397, Report No. 1523, 15 February, 1913, pp. 3215-3216), from which it was subsequently torn out. The Oath is also quoted by Charles Didier in his book Subterranean Rome (New York, 1843), translated from the French original. Dr. Alberto Rivera, who escaped from the Jesuit Order in 1967, confirms that the induction ceremony and the text of the Jesuit Oath which he took were identical to what we have cited below. – A. N.]

When a Jesuit of the minor rank is to be elevated to command, he is conducted into the Chapel of the Convent of the Order, where there are only three others present, the principal or Superior standing in front of the altar. On either side stands a monk, one of whom holds a banner of yellow and white, which are the Papal colours, and the other a black banner with a dagger and red cross above a skull and crossbones, with the word INRI, and below them the words IUSTUM NECAR REGES IMPIUS. The meaning of which is: It is just to exterminate or annihilate impious or heretical Kings, Governments, or Rulers.

Upon the floor is a red cross at which the postulant or candidate kneels. The Superior hands him a small black crucifix, which he takes in his left hand and presses to his heart, and the Superior at the same time presents to him a dagger, which he grasps by the blade and holds the point against his heart, the Superior still holding it by the hilt, and thus addresses the postulant:

(The Superior speaks:)

My son, heretofore you have been taught to act the dissembler: among Roman Catholics to be a Roman Catholic, and to be a spy even among your own brethren; to believe no man, to trust no man. Among the Reformers, to be a Reformer; among the Huguenots, to be a Huguenot; among the Calvinists, to be a Calvinist; among other Protestants, generally to be a Protestant; and obtaining their confidence, to seek even to preach from their pulpits, and to denounce with all the vehemence in your nature our Holy Religion and the Pope; and even to descend so low as to become a Jew among Jews, that you might be enabled to gather together all information for the benefit of your Order as a faithful soldier of the Pope. You have been taught to plant insidiously the seeds of jealousy and hatred between communities, provinces, states that were at peace, and to incite them to deeds of blood, involving them in war with each other, and to create revolutions and civil wars in countries that were independent and prosperous, cultivating the arts and the sciences and enjoying the blessings of peace; to take sides with the combatants and to act secretly with your brother Jesuit, who might be engaged on the other side, but openly opposed to that with which you might be connected, only that the Church might be the gainer in the end, in the conditions fixed in the treaties for peace and that the end justifies the means. You have been taught your duty as a spy, to gather all statistics, facts and information in your power from every source; to ingratiate yourself into the confidence of the family circle of Protestants and heretics of every class and character, as well as that of the merchant, the banker, the lawyer, among the schools and universities, in parliaments and legislatures, and the judiciaries and councils of state, and to be all things to all men, for the Pope's sake, whose servants we are unto death. You have received all your instructions heretofore as a novice, a neophyte, and have served as co-adjurer, confessor and priest, but you have not yet been invested with all that is necessary to command in the Army of Loyola in the service of the Pope. You must serve the proper time as the instrument and executioner as directed by your superiors; for none can command here who has not consecrated his labours with the blood of the heretic; for "without the shedding of blood no man can be saved". Therefore, to fit yourself for your work and make your own salvation sure, you will, in addition to your former oath of obedience to your order and allegiance to the Pope, repeat after me:

(Text of the Oath:)

I_______________ , now in the presence of Almighty God, the blessed Virgin Mary, the blessed St. John the Baptist, the Holy Apostles, St. Peter and St. Paul, and all the saints, sacred host of Heaven, and to you, my Ghostly Father, the superior general of the Society of Jesus, founded by St. Ignatius Loyola, in the pontification of Paul the Third, and continued to the present, do by the womb of the Virgin, the matrix of God, and the rod of Jesus Christ, declare and swear that His Holiness, the Pope, is Christ's Vice-Regent and is the true and only head of the Catholic or Universal Church throughout the earth; and that by the virtue of the keys of binding and loosing given to His Holiness by my Saviour, Jesus Christ, he hath power to depose heretical Kings, Princes, States, Commonwealths, and Governments, and they may be safely destroyed. Therefore to the utmost of my power I will defend this doctrine and His Holiness's right and custom against all usurpers of the heretical or Protestant authority whatever, especially the Lutheran Church of Germany, Holland, Denmark, Sweden and Norway, and the now pretended authority and Churches of England and Scotland, and the branches of same now established in Ireland and on the continent of America and elsewhere and all adherents in regard that they may be usurped and heretical, opposing the sacred Mother Church of Rome. I do now denounce and disown any allegiance as due to any heretical king, prince or State, named Protestant or Liberal, or obedience to any of their laws, magistrates or officers. I do further declare the doctrine of the Churches of England and Scotland of the Calvinists, Huguenots, and others of the name of Protestants or Masons to be damnable, and they themselves to be damned who will not forsake the same. I do further declare that I will help, assist, and advise all or any of His Holiness's agents, in any place where I should be, in Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Ireland or America, or in any other kingdom or territory I shall come to, and do my utmost to extirpate the heretical Protestant or Masonic doctrines and to destroy all their pretended powers, legal or otherwise. I do further promise and declare that, notwithstanding, I am dispensed with to assume any religion heretical for the propagation of the Mother Church's interest; to keep secret and private all her agents' counsels from time to time, as they entrust me, and not to divulge, directly or indirectly, by word, writing or circumstances whatever; but to execute all that should be proposed, given in charge, or discovered unto me by you, my Ghostly Father, or any of this sacred order. I do further promise and declare that I will have no opinion or will of my own or any mental reservation whatever, even as a corpse or cadaver (perinde ac cadaver), but will unhesitatingly obey each and every command that I may receive from my superiors in the militia of the Pope and of Jesus Christ. That I will go to any part of the world whithersoever I may be sent, to the frozen regions north, jungles of India, to the centres of civilisation of Europe, or to the wild haunts of the barbarous savages of America without murmuring or repining, and will be submissive in all things, whatsoever is communicated to me. I do further promise and declare that I will, when opportunity presents, make and wage relentless war, secretly and openly, against all heretics, Protestants and Masons, as I am directed to do, to extirpate them from the face of the whole earth; and that I will spare neither age, sex nor condition, and that will hang, burn, waste, boil, flay, strangle, and bury alive these infamous heretics; rip up the stomachs and wombs of their women, and crush their infants' heads against the walls in order to annihilate their execrable race. That when the same cannot be done openly I will secretly use the poisonous cup, the strangulation cord, the steel of the poniard, or the leaden bullet, regardless of the honour, rank, dignity or authority of the persons, whatever may be their condition in life, either public or private, as I at any time may be directed so to do by any agents of the Pope or Superior of the Brotherhood of the Holy Father of the Society of Jesus. In confirmation of which I hereby dedicate my life, soul, and all corporal powers, and with the dagger which I now receive I will subscribe my name written in my blood in testimony thereof; and should I prove false, or weaken in my determination, may my brethren and fellow soldiers of the militia of the Pope cut off my hands and feet and my throat from ear to ear, my belly be opened and sulphur burned therein with all the punishment that can be inflicted upon me on earth, and my soul shall be tortured by demons in eternal hell forever. That I will in voting always vote for a Knight of Columbus in preference to a Protestant, especially a Mason, and that I will leave my party so to do; that if two Catholics are on the ticket I will satisfy myself which is the better supporter of Mother Church and vote accordingly. That I will not deal with or employ a Protestant if in my power to deal with or employ a Catholic. That I will place Catholic girls in Protestant families that a weekly report may be made of the inner movements of the heretics. That I will provide myself with arms and ammunition that I may be in readiness when the word is passed, or I am commanded to defend the Church either as an individual or with the militia of the Pope. All of which I,_______________, do swear by the blessed Trinity and blessed sacrament which I am now to receive to perform and on part to keep this my oath. In testimony hereof, I take this most holy and blessed sacrament of the Eucharist and witness the same further with my name written with the point of this dagger dipped in my own blood and seal in the face of this holy sacrament.

• Members

I've said before that if the Pope (which ever one) is to be the Antichrist than he'll have to become more like the world. This idea that the Pope will be like those Popes of old (traditional RCC beliefs) is nonsense. He'll be a democratized, amoral, socially liberal and progressive Pope only concerned with Human Rights issues. This is how the RCC will become popular again.

• Members

Indeed, homosexuals, like all sinners, need to hear the Gospel, they don't need someone harping at them about one particular sin. All too often Christians approach homosexuals very differently than they do other sinners, and typically in a way not helpful to prepare them to receive the Gospel.

If homosexuals don't get saved, then it wouldn't matter if they gave up practicing homosexuality today, they would still be just as lost. Even so, Christians often try to get homosexuals to change while they are still lost.

May we share the Gospel with homosexuals and allow the Holy Ghost to do His part.

I see what your saying here to be an ever increasing refrain among professing Christians and very honestly I don't like it one bit. I think it is either a intentional or unintentional effort to bring the Christian world view a little "closer" to the modern acceptance of homosexuality in the western world. Yes, it is indeed quite true that any sin will send someone who has not trusted in Christ to hell but some sins are indeed "worse" than others and are frequently indicative of a exceptionally deep level of depravity. God overthrew Sodom & Gomorrah to make an example of them when that sort of sin was extremely widespread. The nation of Israel almost wiped out one of their own tribes, the tribe of Benjamin, at one point for the same level of depravity when it existed on a broad scale in that tribe. Homosexuality is a extremely serious, extremely depraved and wicked sort of sin. It is one of the sins, along with murder, that in biblical history hastens the filling up of Gods cup of wrath and brings national judgment when it is widely practiced and accepted. It isn't exactly a ho, hum, you went 10 miles an hour over the speed limit and that is wrong but we are all sinners and nobody is perfect sort of thing. I relatively recently heard a preacher at a large "progressive" rock and roll(IMHO) type church in the greenville sc area preach on the subject of homosexuality. To his credit, at least he did say flat out that it was wrong. What definitely was not to his credit though was the timid, apologetic way in which he said it. He then proceeded to spend twice as much time preaching against "homophobia" and did that with much more enthusiasm and strong words. All he was doing was reflecting cultural pressure. I find it funny in a way that when you break down the term "homophobia" it literally means the fear of man, and that is exactly what bowing to cultural pressure is, the fear of men and what they will say. Of course when the term is used in our culture it is applied to those who actually are not afraid of man and are not embarrassed to say that "men with men working that which is unseemly" as scripture puts it, is a immoral, vile and utterly repulsive activity. I guess I am saying don't be afraid to call a spade a spade. More and more Christians are getting to where they are afraid to call a spade a spade in this area and try to sugar coat it. Some things can't and shouldn't be sugar coated. This is one of those areas where the modern western world is going to hate bible believing Christians for what they stand for. It is not avoidable, it just goes with the territory. We just need to accept that is the way it is, deal with it, and go from there.

• Members

I see what your saying here to be an ever increasing refrain among professing Christians and very honestly I don't like it one bit. I think it is either a intentional or unintentional effort to bring the Christian world view a little "closer" to the modern acceptance of homosexuality in the western world. Yes, it is indeed quite true that any sin will send someone who has not trusted in Christ to hell but some sins are indeed "worse" than others and are frequently indicative of a exceptionally deep level of depravity. God overthrew Sodom & Gomorrah to make an example of them when that sort of sin was extremely widespread. The nation of Israel almost wiped out one of their own tribes, the tribe of Benjamin, at one point for the same level of depravity when it existed on a broad scale in that tribe. Homosexuality is a extremely serious, extremely depraved and wicked sort of sin. It is one of the sins, along with murder, that in biblical history hastens the filling up of Gods cup of wrath and brings national judgment when it is widely practiced and accepted. It isn't exactly a ho, hum, you went 10 miles an hour over the speed limit and that is wrong but we are all sinners and nobody is perfect sort of thing. I relatively recently heard a preacher at a large "progressive" rock and roll(IMHO) type church in the greenville sc area preach on the subject of homosexuality. To his credit, at least he did say flat out that it was wrong. What definitely was not to his credit though was the timid, apologetic way in which he said it. He then proceeded to spend twice as much time preaching against "homophobia" and did that with much more enthusiasm and strong words. All he was doing was reflecting cultural pressure. I find it funny in a way that when you break down the term "homophobia" it literally means the fear of man, and that is exactly what bowing to cultural pressure is, the fear of men and what they will say. Of course when the term is used in our culture it is applied to those who actually are not afraid of man and are not embarrassed to say that "men with men working that which is unseemly" as scripture puts it, is a immoral, vile and utterly repulsive activity. I guess I am saying don't be afraid to call a spade a spade. More and more Christians are getting to where they are afraid to call a spade a spade in this area and try to sugar coat it. Some things can't and shouldn't be sugar coated. This is one of those areas where the modern western world is going to hate bible believing Christians for what they stand for. It is not avoidable, it just goes with the territory. We just need to accept that is the way it is, deal with it, and go from there.

I don't know how you get my posting to equal what you are saying here. I said nothing about watering anything down or not preaching what the Word says.

In witnessing to homosexuals I've pointed out to them verses in Scripture which clearly state homosexuality is a sin, a sin God considers to be an abomination. Many homosexuals are unaware of what the Bible actually says about the matter. They often know exceedingly little, sometimes virtually nothing, about the Bible. They most often have heard the pro homosexual propaganda which says the Bible doesn't call homosexuality a sin and may have heard some of the Ten Commandments and been told that was all of God's rules. Some I've witnessed too really only thought sins against God were murder, stealing, lying, cursing and such.

All too often, professing Christians don't approach homosexuals with the intent to present them the Gospel, but rather to condemn them. A group of Christians going to a pro-homosexual rally and yelling at the homosexuals that they are going to hell, that they are an abomination and disgusting and perverted, isn't the biblical approach.

The Word should be clearly taught in our churches and we should take the Gospel to all sinners, sharing the truth of God's Word with the intent of helping them come to repentance unto salvation.

• Members

I don't know how you get my posting to equal what you are saying here. I said nothing about watering anything down or not preaching what the Word says.

In witnessing to homosexuals I've pointed out to them verses in Scripture which clearly state homosexuality is a sin, a sin God considers to be an abomination. Many homosexuals are unaware of what the Bible actually says about the matter. They often know exceedingly little, sometimes virtually nothing, about the Bible. They most often have heard the pro homosexual propaganda which says the Bible doesn't call homosexuality a sin and may have heard some of the Ten Commandments and been told that was all of God's rules. Some I've witnessed too really only thought sins against God were murder, stealing, lying, cursing and such.

Your experience has been different then mine. Most of the ones I have run across have been between somewhat and quite knowledgeable of the bible. They knew what it said and either ignored it or intentionally misrepresent and misinterpret it to fit their choices.   

All too often, professing Christians don't approach homosexuals with the intent to present them the Gospel, but rather to condemn them.

A group of Christians going to a pro-homosexual rally and yelling at the homosexuals that they are going to hell, that they are an abomination and disgusting and perverted, isn't the biblical approach.

The Word should be clearly taught in our churches and we should take the Gospel to all sinners, sharing the truth of God's Word with the intent of helping them come to repentance unto salvation.

Other than in the media I don't see a great deal of that anyway. Secondly, just about any homosexual at a pro-homosexual rally is proud of it and likely to be extremely unreceptive to the truth no matter how it is presented. They are there to make sure their wickedness is shoved in the face of everyone else. The vast majority at such a event are very solidly in the Romans 1:24-32 category. If you talk to them at all, no matter how politely, you will generally see that very quickly. There comes a point where people get so messed up and so evil that it really doesn't matter how you present the truth. A reprobate mind is unreachable by anyone or anything. Lot didn't have much success with the "nice guy" approach while living in sodom. Of course it is possible for a homosexual to repent and be saved, however it is a very infrequent occurrence because most do seem to have a reprobate mind.  

• Members

Your experience has been different then mine. Most of the ones I have run across have been between somewhat and quite knowledgeable of the bible. They knew what it said and either ignored it or intentionally misrepresent and misinterpret it to fit their choices.   

Other than in the media I don't see a great deal of that anyway. Secondly, just about any homosexual at a pro-homosexual rally is proud of it and likely to be extremely unreceptive to the truth no matter how it is presented. They are there to make sure their wickedness is shoved in the face of everyone else. The vast majority at such a event are very solidly in the Romans 1:24-32 category. If you talk to them at all, no matter how politely, you will generally see that very quickly. There comes a point where people get so messed up and so evil that it really doesn't matter how you present the truth. A reprobate mind is unreachable by anyone or anything. Lot didn't have much success with the "nice guy" approach while living in sodom. Of course it is possible for a homosexual to repent and be saved, however it is a very infrequent occurrence because most do seem to have a reprobate mind.  

I've encountered some homosexuals who grew up in church, usually liberal churches, and they knew some of the Bible. As you said, they often attempt to twist the meaning of Scripture to fit their view; which is what many do with various sins. If they are willing, continuing in the Scripture with them to show the clarity of the Word on the matter can be beneficial. If they are antagonistic and unreceptive to seeing what the Word actually says, that's typically a clear indication their heart is not ready to hear and it's time to move on.

When it comes to rallies, you are correct that they are there to enjoy boasting of their wickedness. Such places are not suited for evangelistic means any more than going to a drunken party is. There is a time and place for everything and where sinners are gathered in militant, hard hearted, pride filled events isn't the place to witness. Sometimes a few may be reached prior to such an event and a few may be reached afterward, but not much during events.

I'm not sure what you mean by a "nice guy approach". I was only speaking of the biblical approach. If we are not acting out of love and in the power of the Holy Spirit, we are not doing well ourselves. Noah preached for over a century, with no one believing. It is for us to share the Gospel, the results are between the hearers and the Holy Ghost. As the Lord told the prophet, you are called to preach the message whether or not they take heed. If they don't take heed, that's on them, not the prophet.

While there are some variations in methods, tactics and verses used, I typically approach all lost folks the same. They are lost and need to hear the Gospel. Most will reject the Gospel, whether homosexuals or not, but the Word of God never goes forth in vain and these lost sinners can never say they never heard the Gospel, never had an opportunity to be born again in Christ.

• Members

I think this man says it quite well in his blog.

They feel if we really loved them we would not say that what they enjoying doing is a sin against God & it can stop a person from inheriting Heaven.

1Co 6:9 ¶ Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
1Co 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Now if you would say that this, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, does not mean homosexuals, & tell them to go on enjoying what they love them they would love you.

• Members

One point often not mentioned is that sodomites are fornicators and adulterers too.  There is no way around that one unless of course they read the MV of their choice which makes them feel good about their sin but does not change their ultimate destination, hell.

Archived