• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Hebrew Roots Sacred Name

2T3:16

• Members
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ok - get ready, some will think I am a troll, but I assure you I am not. My wife has bought into the HallelYAH Scriptures thing and we are butting heads over some issues. So, I am going to reach out here for some guidance and also challenge a few comments I read a couple of post back (this is where I will sound like a troll)

It was said (paraphrasing all this, I wish I could use the quote button) that the owners, New Zealanders are shysters, and steal their volunteers time and the US guy is an old converted hippie, best I recall the references. 1) how are they shysters, any examples? 2) how does one "steal" a "volunteers" time? 3) is being an old converted R&R hippie a bad thing.

I'd like to discredit these people, not hatefully, but if they are no good then I'd like to take something with some substance to the next go-round.

As far as the "free" Bible - do get what you're saying, my wife wanted the leather bound edition and, yes, they wanted several hundred dollars. The free one was cheap made but I sent the $35 for it. Now in their defense, they did say they'd send a free one, and I can only assume they would have; and, I understand that there is a significant cost in producing a leather bound version. My KJV is leather bound and it was a couple hundred bucks, so I get it.

She is not into the HRM, I asked her. She did say that some people have tried to pull her that way and she saw it was flawed; I am glad for that. She has however, determined the pork is bad. All of the Holidays are pagan and bad. She believes Paul was a Hebrew Apostle. She does say that saying "Jesus" is blasphemy, that it is Yahousa (misspelled, I'm sure). Her argument is "Sony" is "Sony" not matter what country you're in. Why was the name changed... 

So, where am I at in this and what might I expect next and any guidance talking to her?

• Members

I'm no expert by any means, so I would like to recommend that you visit the link that I will post. The man who writes this blog is a saved Jewish man...who is also an Independent Baptist. I will give you the link to the first of his series; in which, he deals with Messianic Judaism. He also gets into the Sacred Name movement too. Perhaps you might find what you're looking for by perusing his series dealing with it.

http://matthew714ministries.wordpress.com/2014/05/01/messianic-judaism-answered-1/

• Members

Thanks, I will look into it. So, would you say she'd be considered a Messianic Jew? I've tried to get her to give me a title of where she is going but all she'll say is "I'm a follower of Yahousa"   

My first impression is that she would be a Messianic Jew, but that's just an impression. If she's insisting on calling Jesus Yeshua or Yahshua and beginning to try to adhere to the Mitzvot...sounds Messianic to me...or some type of offshoot of Messianic Judaism.

I'm sorry to hear about this, and I'll be praying for her and you.

Archived