• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Hebrew Roots Sacred Name

2T3:16

• Members

I was thinking of this over the past week. One passage of Scripture that I have presented to people belonging to the HRM is Galatians 2:21 and 3:1-2:

I have yet to meet a person of the Hebraic Roots persuasion who can tell me how this passage doesn't negate their claim that we must keep the law, beyond "Paul was a false apostle and his writings were slipped into the Scriptures by Constantine". Another classic one they like to throw out there, to somehow claim we Christians (heaven forbid! They'd never call themselves Christians!) are too dumb to compose a proper exegesis of the passage in Galatians is 2 Peter 3:16-17. Interestingly enough, there are only two major translations that translate verse 17 to say "carried away by the error of the lawless" - the NIV and the ESV. The other translations are more OBscure and, of course, their "Hebrew translations" use the term "lawless" in that verse. The KJV says, "being led away with the error of the wicked". Basically, they claim Paul wrote in a manner that was too complicated for mere mortals to understand, therefore, people have abandoned Torah, because they simply misunderstood Paul.

How clever of them to use those modern versions and come up with such a twisted interpretation!  Wow!  I know there many in the HRM who simply "hate" the apostle Paul.

JHM, have you seen this article on HRM?

The Hebrew Roots Cult Movement - Part 2
Hatred for Christians and the Apostle Paul

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I cannot believe the number of HRM people who despise the Apostle Paul.  They are simply modern day Judaizers.  As for the Bible?  They use to Complete Jewish Bible, which is a perverted Modern Version.  They despise the KJV and are under the delusion that King James wrote the KJV.  Many believe that the Hebrew names in the NT for the Jews, let's say James, were changed by King James.  They think Jame's name was changed from a Hebrew name, and King James used his name to glorify himself.  SMH  

• Members

I cannot believe the number of HRM people who despise the Apostle Paul. They are simply modern day Judaizers. As for the Bible? They use to Complete Jewish Bible, which is a perverted Modern Version. They despise the KJV and are under the delusion that King James wrote the KJV. Many believe that the Hebrew names in the NT for the Jews, let's say James, were changed by King James. They think Jame's name was changed from a Hebrew name, and King James used his name to glorify himself. SMH

The accusation against the Apostle Paul, of being a fake, is the biggest thing I've heard.
They acknowledge Jesus as another prophet, but say that He never claimed to be God.

The Charismatic movement has led up to this generation being pointed towards either Judaism or Rome.
More signs of the approaching end.

Anishinaabe

• Members

How clever of them to use those modern versions and come up with such a twisted interpretation!  Wow!  I know there many in the HRM who simply "hate" the apostle Paul.

JHM, have you seen this article on HRM?

The Hebrew Roots Cult Movement - Part 2
Hatred for Christians and the Apostle Paul

They have to. It's the only way to get around their Judaizing. I have been to the NTEB blog before, but I totally missed that article, so that you for posting that!

I cannot believe the number of HRM people who despise the Apostle Paul.  They are simply modern day Judaizers.  As for the Bible?  They use to Complete Jewish Bible, which is a perverted Modern Version.  They despise the KJV and are under the delusion that King James wrote the KJV.  Many believe that the Hebrew names in the NT for the Jews, let's say James, were changed by King James.  They think Jame's name was changed from a Hebrew name, and King James used his name to glorify himself.  SMH  

Yep. Another one they use is called the HalleluYAH Scriptures. That's a shady organization right there, owned by a couple from New Zealand (Max and Shalom Weiss) who have swindled untold thousands from their followers, as well as rOBbed their volunteers of their time. The website claims you can receive a free copy of the HalleluYAH Scriptures, as part of their ministry, but when you click to order they ask you make a minimum donation of $15 to cover media mail and administrative costs. For $500 you can receive the leather bound copy of the book. Wow! They also sell copies of "the lost books", such as the Book of Maccabees. One of their biggest associates here in the States is Alan Horvath - an aging hippie guitar player who converted from a lifestyle of rock and roll and now follows "the Hebrew way". It's hard to find a lot of information on him, but he's not a very pleasant person. According to some of the volunteers for the HalleluYAH Scriptures, Alan, along with Max and Shalom, have been known to bully and threaten the volunteers here in the States who diligently store and package, in their homes, copies of the book that have been ordered within the US. 

The accusation against the Apostle Paul, of being a fake, is the biggest thing I've heard.
They acknowledge Jesus as another prophet, but say that He never claimed to be God.

The Charismatic movement has led up to this generation being pointed towards either Judaism or Rome.
More signs of the approaching end.

Anishinaabe

Yeah, I know a lot of so-called "Messianic Jews" or Hebrew Roots people who deny the Trinity, Jesus' Deity. Sadly, a lot of Baptists are dabbling in this. Some friends from a former Baptist church I attended held a Passover seder, complete with wine. 

• Members

In part 1 of that NTEB article on Hebrew Roots, there is a picture of the "Restoration Scriptures: True Name Edition".  They don't say much about it in that article, so I'm going to do a little "digging".

• Members

JHM said:

"Yep. Another one they use is called the HalleluYAH Scriptures. That's a shady organization right there, owned by a couple from New Zealand (Max and Shalom Weiss) who have swindled untold thousands from their followers, as well as rOBbed their volunteers of their time. The website claims you can receive a free copy of the HalleluYAH Scriptures, as part of their ministry, but when you click to order they ask you make a minimum donation of $15 to cover media mail and administrative costs. For $500 you can receive the leather bound copy of the book. Wow! They also sell copies of "the lost books", such as the Book of Maccabees. One of their biggest associates here in the States is Alan Horvath - an aging hippie guitar player who converted from a lifestyle of rock and roll and now follows "the Hebrew way". It's hard to find a lot of information on him, but he's not a very pleasant person. According to some of the volunteers for the HalleluYAH Scriptures, Alan, along with Max and Shalom, have been known to bully and threaten the volunteers here in the States who diligently store and package, in their homes, copies of the book that have been ordered within the US."

Oh, yes!  Yah must be used.  Thanks for the name of the organization, JHM.  Oh, my word... what a scam!  Money grubbing thieves.  I am so tired of hearing them talk about the lost books.  SMH  I have told them that there are 66 books in the Bible and that is it!  I say, God didn't make a mistake when he wrote His word.  It fell on deaf ears, though.  Alan Horvath?  Another one?  Well, the HRM loves their rock and roll.  I scanned over a website that an HRM woman put on her Timeline, and listened to all of the sermon, rock and roll, and all.  After she insisted I call Jesus, Yeshua, and that Jesus = Zeus.  I told her what the Bible said, and politely un-friended her. Unbelievable!  That is the impression that I got from the HRM people.  These men have taught their followers to be bullies to Christians and Jews, along with other faiths.  It is so heartbreaking that they have fallen for this deceit.  As prophet said, "A sign of the times."  I merely say, the "falling away."  *sigh* 

• Members

In part 1 of that NTEB article on Hebrew Roots, there is a picture of the "Restoration Scriptures: True Name Edition".  They don't say much about it in that article, so I'm going to do a little "digging".

I missed this, Linda.  I love NTEB.  What an awesome ministry!  I was friended by the IFB that runs that ministry, almost 6 years ago.

• Members

I missed this, Linda.  I love NTEB.  What an awesome ministry!  I was friended by the IFB that runs that ministry, almost 6 years ago.

Geoffrey Grider?  I believe he has a page on FB.  He does have some interesting articles.  This one (in 2 parts) on the Hebrew Roots Cult Movement is excellent and I have posted the entire 2 part article (in small sections) on another forum board.

• Members

Geoffrey Grider?  I believe he has a page on FB.  He does have some interesting articles.  This one (in 2 parts) on the Hebrew Roots Cult Movement is excellent and I have posted the entire 2 part article (in small sections) on another forum board.

Yes, Geoffrey Grider.  Oh, he has his another FB page?  He must have his own Timeline, NTEB - Now the End Begins - and another page that I didn't know about.  Can you find me the link of his new page with the entire 2 page article on it?  Thanks in advance:)

• Members

Yes, Geoffrey Grider.  Oh, he has his another FB page?  He must have his own Timeline, NTEB - Now the End Begins - and another page that I didn't know about.  Can you find me the link of his new page with the entire 2 page article on it?  Thanks in advance:)

I'll send you Geoffrey Grider's FB timeline page in a PM

• 6 months later...
  • Members

Test - just trying to see how this works, I hit the "quote" button and it don't really work how I expected. So this is really a test post for me. sorry

Hmmm - nope, didn't work as I thought it wouldn't... I'll mess with it.

Archived