• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Exceeding Abundantly Above...

Salyan

• Moderators
"Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen."
Ephesians 3:20-21

Here's a story to tell how greatly our God provides - exceeding abundantly above!

Our church has a printshop ministry - Scripture Printing Ministry Canada.  We don't actually print anything in house, but compile, stitch (staple), cut & box John & Romans booklets for distribution to other churches/countries.

We currently have two stitchers; they look something like this: 

Interlake_S3A_Stitcher_2.jpg

One of them has been on the blitz for a year or more now - it'll stitch a little, then start spitting staples at you instead of the booklet.  :uhm:  Around the beginning of the summer, our second stitcher went on the blitz as well. (Thankfully we were able to fix it within a few weeks, but still - not good!)  

I'd had about enough with broken stitchers (did I mention we also had a two-headed stitcher that had been sitting around for three years being unsuccessfully 'fixed'?! The thing has never actually worked. Well, for more than five minutes, anyways.). So I decided to start praying for a new stitcher. Like one that wouldn't require fixing all the time.  :frog:  

Well, guess what? A printshop in the area that we have occasionally done business with went out of business. They were unable to sell a particular piece of equipment in their auction - so they offered it to us for the (very small) sum they'd have received if it went for sjunk - thousands less than it should have cost. This machine is HUGE. 16'x24' huge. It compiles, stitches, and cuts all in one - and can do 10,000 J&R in an hour! (Right now we can do 1,000 an hour on a good night.)  The following video is a similar machine. Take a look at what God has provided - exceeding abundantly above all that we could have asked or thought of! What an amazing, providing God we have! Praise the Lord!!

Archived