• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Message For Owner Of This Website.

JTWXJR

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

from what I understand Gail Riplinger rebuked and wrote letters to pastors THAT is where she usurped authority

Never heard about this. In any case, I'm not defending her just stating what I have experienced when I've recommended her book to some. They said they refuse to read it because it's written by a woman.

• Members

Never heard about this. In any case, I'm not defending her just stating what I have experienced when I've recommended her book to some. They said they refuse to read it because it's written by a woman.

I have found some things in her book that are "a problem" However, it looks like she made an important contribution at a time when it was needed ... we're all sinners saved by grace anyway.

• Members

I've known a few guys who refuse to read anything written by a woman, no matter how biblically sound, just because a woman wrote it. Ironically, they learn from, teach from and sing hymns written by women.

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

Going back to the OP on this, the context of what he spoke of was clearly within the assembly. Consider, it was written to Timothy from the Lord through Paul, giving him instructions on being a godly pastor, so really, both books are written with the context of the church in mind.

So even though Slappy Samoflange isn't here anymore, he's wrong, as, of course, we all knew. In the immortal words of Bill Murray on Ghostbusters, "I'm gonna MISS HIM!"

• Members

Matthew 5:11-12 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

The OP did want to persecute us here on OB, but we stood fast in the Truth and Light of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Archived